Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAZDAEDIT tuning software MZ3/MS3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MAZDAEDIT tuning software MZ3/MS3

@greyseason just brought this to my attention. supposedly this software can reflash the ecu and re-write most if not all applications that you choose. however, the site which produces and sells this product looks really sketchy.

the video here is from a member on mazda3revolution trying it out. waiting to see results and proof of the software working.

https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.js...ractId=2838194

essentially, its a reflasher. im interested in it cause it can change closed loop afrs, remove speed limiter, and rev limiter.
    i continue to search for reliable info on the product and if ordering from this site is safe.
    what i would like to know is if anyone has heard about this company before? is this site legit? and speculation on if the software will actually work.
    @CelestSpeed3, @Fobio
    Last edited by Aitch; 02-25-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    "There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway

Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 541 Posts
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: MAZDAEDIT tuning software MZ3/MS3

I know the person using it, and he's a smart cookie.
    The problem is, there's like 2 people on here that know how to tune cars.
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I know the person using it, and he's a smart cookie.
    The problem is, there's like 2 people on here that know how to tune cars.
    There are a few more than that, I'm self tuned. Would be interesting...SWAS control too? haha

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who have read my Mod Path, I make it very clear as to why I bought the MS3. At the time, it was rumoured that Cobb would develop an AP for the MS3. Why does that matter? Because there's a whole wack of Subie's out there running Cobb tunes and doing fine. So after that many "guinea pigs", they should have their shit figured out...right? Well, even Cobb, the ppl who are behind the fastest GTR's in the world, couldn't get their AP and ATR right the first time round. It took a community of brave and daring idiots who prolly should've bought a BMW and kept it stock...but no, these nut jobs were trying to blow up Mazda's. With all this official and community R&D behind it, we now have MS3's in the semi-usable 800whp range.

Do I know anything about Mazdaedit? No.
    Do I need to? No.
    Why? No asks about it, nor is there enough research and testing done behind it.
    Why not "pioneer" it? "Pioneering" is for ppl with more time and money than they know what to do with...been there done that.
    Is it worth the trouble? Last time I checked, Mazda isn't paying me to develop the platform.
    Do I need to snap my head everytime something shiny comes along? ...

Some ppl on MSf might've played with it. In my mind, if it's worth anything, someone would've done something meaningful with it already. In that case, VersaTuner is what I'd deem to be a viable option to Cobb's AP/ATR for the MS3.

On top of it, one will be hard pressed to get anything out of a fully bolted MZ3. If it can be done, it'd have been done.

There's no magic software bullet in tuning...all you're doing is giving parameters for the hardware to operate. And at the end of the day, there's only so much software can do to optimize hardware operations.

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fobio For This Useful Post:

boyracer (02-24-2014),miako (02-28-2014),midnightfxgt (02-25-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ i didnt ask about if anything could be gained from a fully bolted mz3. just because its harder to make power, does not mean that it should not be sought after for alternative benefits. i asked about the software, and for your response about it, i thank you.

i like the fact that this software may be compatible with the mz platform because it would make tuning alot more accessible to many, instead of having to go with a standalone to get similar benefits.
    I cant wait to see what the m3r member is able to do with this software. if it ends in a failure, it is what it is.

edit: i added the other vid in the m3r members thread.
    Last edited by Kiyomi; 02-24-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Fobio - you've seen the canbus triple project though right? There is still development out there for the platform. Even Cobb is still (hopefully) working on stuff for our car. Luckily the MS3 has gone through a pile of development by brave people that we all benefit from. The regular MZ3 though hasn't ever really had a lot of ECU level stuff available for it that was of any worth. I mean if this software (disclaimer: I know nothing about it) lets you muck with timing, fueling, etc there is the potential to gain a few hp for the MZ3 guys. Look at how much people are gaining with timing on the MS3 in the upper rpms on k04's with good fueling (e85, meth, etc).

Quickly watching the video, there are quite a few tables/values we have in ATR exposed there.

*edit*
    LoL if this catches on I can't wait to see all the blown up MZ3's out there from silly kids doing silly things with it.

*edit2*

Reading more...found this. Roughly looks like everything we already have in ATR, but they seem to have nothing much about the regular MZ3, mostly their stuff is MS3.
    Last edited by SomeGuy; 02-24-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On paper...Hypertech, Unichip and PSI looked good too.

before we even get to talking about making more power, one should consider any "tuning software" under these circumstances.

1. Does it actually do what it says it's supposed to? Does it really affect timing, AFR, fuel trims etc. exactly to where you have set them to? And are results repeatable?
    2. Can I afford to blow my shit up trying to play Tuner Simulator 3000? Or even if something minor goes wrong...
    3. Does the manufacturer or dealer network provide comprehensive technical support?

Otherwise, you're on your own...plus relying on shoddy internet reviews. My point: there's a reason Brian and Paul told Justin to go stand-alone...cuz it works. Cobb ATR is not some ghetto alternative to a stand-alone and if someone properly implemented a stand-alone on the MS3, I'd go that route before the "easy plug'n play alternatives". Stand-alones are expensive and takes lotsa time and labour to sort out. If you're not really prepared to take on that effort, then perhaps you should rethink your plans.

And you're prolly right...who the hell spends thousands of dollars on a stand-alone trying to dial in AFR's even if it doesn't make anymore power... [you might want to read this sentence a few more times].

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fobio For This Useful Post:

asyed (02-24-2014),boyracer (02-24-2014),Hyperion (02-24-2014),Kiyomi (02-24-2014),miako (02-28-2014),midnightfxgt (02-25-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin. If it does what it says it does then go for it. At the end of the day you won't be the first motor to be sacrificed for trying out some software. So long as you know the risks and heed the warning signs why not try it out. Like Vince said there was a lot of fail when the AP first came out, someone just needs to man up and do it.

Just remember I still think standalone is your best bet with an aftermarket dash.

At the end of the day it could be the same. $5000 for standalone and a dash, or $5000 in this program and two engines.
    Last edited by CelestSpeed3; 02-24-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    Want to work on your car but not sure how, send me a PM. Learn the way of Nator.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CelestSpeed3 For This Useful Post:

boyracer (02-24-2014),Fobio (02-24-2014),Hyperion (02-24-2014),Kiyomi (02-24-2014),miako (02-28-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found their forums after clicking through some links. The guy who represents this epifan whatnot looks like a kid in his basement in Russia, nothing like what Cobb has. I wouldn't feel overly confident on any support from them. Worse still, they are charging pretty big bucks for this software and I wonder how much is ripped off from elsewhere (aka cobb).

*random pondering*
    Being a software developer though, I'd love to see the full on raw tables available from the mazda ECU. I honestly wonder what else is in there that we haven't seen from Cobb. Everyone is asking for a SWAS fix, but maybe it's not in the main engine ECU, who knows?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SomeGuy For This Useful Post:

Kiyomi (02-24-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keeping an open mind is important to moving forward. interesting points, and its probably one of the main reasons why people have not tried a whole lot on the mz platform. why risk the money, when results are almost guaranteed to be less, and less rnd (guinea pigs) have gone and done it if at all. again, very valid points Fobio.

on a personal level, i still am contemplating a standalone as well as a few other options (debating with turning the car for pure track purpose)-depends on how things go this yr. one thing at a time. the main attraction of the stand-alone is tuning freedom for someone who knows what they are doing (not me), and knowing that it works. but again, i like seeing diff software developed and tested. i posted here, because i did not just go and buy this product and think everything is going to be fine. if only .
    i heed the warning signs for sure! i did not plan on buying this software till it was thoroughly tested out by many others and it was a viable alternative for the things i would like to have in a tuning device/software.
    even then, im skeptical.

thank you to SomeGuy, Fobio, and Celestspeed3 for your input.
    Last edited by Kiyomi; 02-24-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing to note with a standalone is that it's more of an investment but it's more long term. You can use the same ECU for many many engines. So if you ever wanted to put say a K series motor in the 3 or some kind of V6. So long as the motor physically fits it could control it. NA, turbo, super, NOS in any or all configurations. Plus if you ever decide to change cars just take the standalone with you.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine it would be quite difficult to get a better tune on a mz3 engine than what comes from factory. Someone could spend countless hrs and, as mentioned lotsa dough, running maps and different configs trying to squeeze out a few hp here and there. Today's NA engines are very efficient. Engineers have spent countless hrs and corporations have spent so much money to make engines more and more efficient AND drive able.
    Gone are the days of detuned choked off small and big block v8's where just adding exhaust and intake yeilded high hp gains. Remember just cranking up the distributor and advancing the timing on my car and going "wow what a big difference".
    Also, if there are gains to be had in our or other NA engines, it's in the upper rpm of course. Honda is of course known for their high-revving 4 cylinder engines that make high hp/L, but suffer severely in torque. Our engines have decent torque and are not likely going to be happy revving much north of 7500.
    2005 Mazda 3 hatch

2006 MS6

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ranted. Oops

Standalone is the way. Your options are limitless.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! thanks for sharing my videos. I have another posted if you want to take a look.

MazdaEdit does work and works quite well, nothing like when it first came out. We currently have quite a few people tuned on it, and I have MazdaEdit pro and will do future E-file tuning for others.

Here is my 2.5L
    300hp/340tq. stock, unopened block. (which is currently now being built)

If you guys have any questions or wnat to know more just post

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MazdaEdit has been working without many issues since at least 2011. There was some hiccups, but it is a much more stable program now.

Even more so, Currently MazdaEdit now has a Pro tuner option (which I have) which allows for you to E-file tune other peoples cars over the internet via logs and hex files.

Come over to mazda3Revolution and ask about all the people satisfied with their tunes

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, for anyone who thinks the stock tune is good, you couldn't be farther from the truth. It is extremely rich and allows for way too much detonation before pulling timing.
    ( this is all coming from a 2.5L, but I'm sure other maps look just as shitty )

taking a log of an OEM tune just WOT 3rd gear there is enough detonation WITHOUT timing even being pulled to blow a DISI engine in half.

bitch flakes....yummy greyseason's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Awesome looking engine bay and great numbers. Equal length headers and a cosworth intake mani?
    Skyactiv Powa

Corksport | Nextmod | Garage16 | Work | Razo | Tein | Audio Heaven | Broadway | Eurolight | Sony | Kicker | Alpine |

"everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greyseason View Post
    Awesome looking engine bay and great numbers. Equal length headers and a cosworth intake mani?
    There is also a turbo in there somewhere. lol.

My manifold is T4 Twin scroll Unequal length actually, cylinders 1 and 3 are 2x longer (gives it a more subaru rumble)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone with questions I'll be happy to answer then in the next few hours

Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orangevirus View Post
    For anyone with questions I'll be happy to answer then in the next few hours
    Is that the link to buy it in the first post? How would you install it I have a 2.5 also 300hp is crazy
    2010 GT MZ3 2.5 MSDS Headers, Custom Tune, CS SRI,CS Full CBE,CS LED conversion, 3K HID fogs, 15%Tints,Koni Str.T H&R Sport Lowering Springs, Speed3 Rims, duel 12''MTX subs, Vinyl Wrap Roof,Mirrors,Spoiler

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I missing something in that picture...it looks like you are running the turbo intake side without a filter? Looks like you have an FMIC and then running a blow through MAF right before the throttle body, which is fine but what about protecting your turbo?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely have an intake and never run it without, it just wasn't on for that picture.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also ( how do I edit posts?) I am steerih away from blow through setup now since it maxes the mad out very quickly

Ride
    '98 BMW 750iL
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can edit posts after you've amassed a certain number (sorry I've forgotten if it's 10 or 100) and after that you can edit them for 24hrs after you make the post.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    You can edit posts after you've amassed a certain number (sorry I've forgotten if it's 10 or 100) and after that you can edit them for 24hrs after you make the post.

Okay thanks for clearing that up.

Also thanks everyone for the questions, continue to PM me or post here if you are interested.

If anyone would like to see certain maps of the stock tune in detail (2.5L 2nd gen) let me know, happy to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast