Thread: OEM HID Headlight Housing Cracked - Gut swap possible with Halogen Headlight?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question OEM HID Headlight Housing Cracked - Gut swap possible with Halogen Headlight?

Hello All!

I got in a car accident last week and just heard back from my mechanic that it'll cost $800 to replace my left OEM HID headlight. My mechanic said the back of the headlight housing cracked but the rest of the assembly is good. Can someone confirm that the housing of the halogen the same as the HID headlight? I'd like the swap the guts.

Your help is appreciated! I don't really want to spend $800 to replace one headlight ...

E

Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 541 Posts
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: OEM HID Headlight Housing Cracked - Gut swap possible with Halogen Headlight?

Nope it's not, because the low beam will be different. I'm assuming you have a gen 2.
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: OEM HID Headlight Housing Cracked - Gut swap possible with Halogen Headlight?

Just an idea, you can also retrofit and upgrade from factory hid.
    2010 Mazda 3 GT Sedan - Graphite Mica

| Enkei Raijin+Michelin PSS | Rays lug nuts | RoadMagnet+Koni Yellow | SPC Cam.Arm | CS F Strut bar+MidBrace | JBR RSB | CS SRI+AirBox | Racing Beat Exhaust | Amsoil Signature Series 0W20&ATF | CS LED Light kit | CS LED DRL | Corksport LED fogs | Smoked Head & Tail Lights | CS LED 3rd brake | LED Projector Reverse light | FormulaOne Pinnacle series tints | Mazda3 Weathertech Floorliner & Trunkliner | Scuff Plates | Window Visors | OEM Side Skirts | Bosch Icon | CS Tow Plate | CS Hood Dampers |

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is it cracked? if it's at where it bolt on to the car, you can buy replacement brackets from mazda
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)