'18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: RMM Questions

Quote Originally Posted by eliwwjd View Post
    You don't need an accessport to see gains with a tmic upgrade. You might want to read in the mazdaspeed forums, there are members who experienced gains and the powergains were obviously there. The stock tmic does have a restriction and that's a fact!
    To be honest I have seen test from other forums where an intake vs. Drop in has barely no difference in power numbers. Intake sucks hot air from engine and you loose low end power. Filter needs to be isolated from engine hot air. That's why cobb and corksport developed thermal box to isolate air filter from hot air from engine.That been said I don't think an intake is more restrictive than the oem intercooler.
    To be honest ap doesn't necessarily have to be the first mod on list. There is no golden rule on what mod path to take.Not everybody has money to buy one, Second, if you want to monitor your car, you can do it with an obd2 adapter.
    The only mod I agree you should start with is hpfp. To monitor you can use an obd2 adapter if you don't want to purchase an ap.
    What Someguy meant to say was that with the Upgraded TMIC and an AP you would be able to utilize the cooler air flowing into the engine hence making more power...along with the HPFP upgrade.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrizzl3 For This Useful Post:

Prezi (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need an accessport to see gains with a tmic upgrade. You might want to read in the mazdaspeed forums, there are members who experienced gains and the powergains were obviously there. The stock tmic does have a restriction and that's a fact!
    To be honest I have seen test from other forums where an intake vs. Drop in has barely no difference in power numbers. Intake sucks hot air from engine and you loose low end power. Filter needs to be isolated from engine hot air. That's why cobb and corksport developed thermal box to isolate air filter from hot air from engine.That been said I don't think an intake is more restrictive than the oem intercooler.
    To be honest ap doesn't necessarily have to be the first mod on list. There is no golden rule on what mod path to take.Not everybody has money to buy one, Second, if you want to monitor your car, you can do it with an obd2 adapter.
    The only mod I agree you should start with is hpfp. To monitor you can use an obd2 adapter if you don't want to purchase an ap.
    The gains will be minimal in comparison, just like the gains of intake vs drop in. The fact is, the only way to take real advantage of any hard part upgrades effectively is to tune for them. The accessport is the proven and supported device for this on this platform and IMO (and most others) is a must have before doing ANY hard parts because it grows with you as you change parts. A TMIC by itself I don't think is a good first choice.

Go read Cobb's guides and staged upgrades. Go read the mod path series. Go read MSF for longer than 5 minutes. Intake, Accessport, HPFP, and a RMM are the first 4 upgrades anyone should do to this car.

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SomeGuy For This Useful Post:

Prezi (04-01-2014)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    The gains will be minimal in comparison, just like the gains of intake vs drop in. The fact is, the only way to take real advantage of any hard part upgrades effectively is to tune for them. The accessport is the proven and supported device for this on this platform and IMO (and most others) is a must have before doing ANY hard parts because it grows with you as you change parts. A TMIC by itself I don't think is a good first choice.

Go read Cobb's guides and staged upgrades. Go read the mod path series. Go read MSF for longer than 5 minutes. Intake, Accessport, HPFP, and a RMM are the first 4 upgrades anyone should do to this car.
    I could agree with you that tuning for a specific upgrade is efficiently, deffinately but stating there are minimal gains with tmic is far off. For instance the ets tmic, there are ms3 owners who have install the product right of the box with power differences across the entire powerband. If I tune it, it would definately improve? Yes certainly but there are gains right out of the box.
    Companies do alot of R&D on stock cars before releasing products to the market. For instance K & N does not put in production a part that didn not prove gains, and that was told to me by a k&n design engineer. That's why they ask for bone stock cars to do r&d to develop a product that does prove gains by just bolting in. Don't get me wrong here like I said I agree with you that tuning is the best way to get out numbers from a bolt on but I can say there are 0 gains from just bolting on a product.
    Once again, don't get me wrong ap is an awesome product with growing capabilities for the platform.
    It also comes down to the dealership. I was going to tune to be honest but here dealership is strict about warranty.
    Bolt ons are something you can swap back with no problem. You are probably going to tell me, you can load back oem map but in case some don't know, everytime you reflash a map, the ecu records every single flash. At mazda they are able to see and find out that the ecu was reflashed number of times and guess what, if something happens you loose your rights. Proof is left on the ecu.Trust me this was advice by a mazda trained certified mechanic who has vast experience with mazda platform. Me personally I would have to wait.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you think you know what you're talking about, so do what you want. The rest of us will make big power.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could agree with you that tuning for a specific upgrade is efficiently, deffinately but stating there are minimal gains with tmic is far off. For instance the ets tmic, there are ms3 owners who have install the product right of the box with power differences across the entire powerband. If I tune it, it would definately improve? Yes certainly but there are gains right out of the box.
    Companies do alot of R&D on stock cars before releasing products to the market. For instance K & N does not put in production a part that didn not prove gains, and that was told to me by a k&n design engineer. That's why they ask for bone stock cars to do r&d to develop a product that does prove gains by just bolting in. Don't get me wrong here like I said I agree with you that tuning is the best way to get out numbers from a bolt on but I can say there are 0 gains from just bolting on a product.
    Once again, don't get me wrong ap is an awesome product with growing capabilities for the platform.
    It also comes down to the dealership. I was going to tune to be honest but here dealership is strict about warranty.
    Bolt ons are something you can swap back with no problem. You are probably going to tell me, you can load back oem map but in case some don't know, everytime you reflash a map, the ecu records every single flash. At mazda they are able to see and find out that the ecu was reflashed number of times and guess what, if something happens you loose your rights. Proof is left on the ecu.Trust me this was advice by a mazda trained certified mechanic who has vast experience with mazda platform. Me personally I would have to wait.
    You can reset the ECU several ways not just doing a reflash to a new map...how would the dealership monitor that?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get an AP and FP internals... don't be stupid. You think mazda knows everything about their cars and you think they will honor their warranty 100%? lmao... your ignorant to this platform.
    Go do some research... screw dropping any knowledge on you, lots of people on here have done what you have.

Live and learn for you though. Stock tuned MS3's have been known to self detonate and have KR issues due to the stock tune.

The tune is the best thing for the car, without bolt on mods. Your ignorance in thinking certified Mazda mechanics know what's best for these cars makes me frustrated. When you have bad compression or KR issues don't come bitching here...

Definitely linking your thread to my favorite thread on MSF... "Stupid things you've heard people say about cars"

Have a nice day
    Last edited by pwdunmore; 03-21-2014 at 10:28 AM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pwdunmore For This Useful Post:

greardon (03-21-2014),Jackal (03-21-2014),rzapata (03-22-2014),SomeGuy (03-21-2014)

Ride
    C400
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@pwdunmore just wait til you tell these certified master techs from Mazda that you are using Rotella T6 Diesel oil in your mazdaspeed3, they will definitely tell you your warranty is long gone bro

tbh op, you did research on it and you are comfortable with your selection of parts, just do it. CP-e is good brand, go with stage 2 by all means, it can't go wrong.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwdunmore View Post
    Get an AP and FP internals... don't be stupid. You think mazda knows everything about their cars and you think they will honor their warranty 100%? lmao... your ignorant to this platform.
    Go do some research... screw dropping any knowledge on you, lots of people on here have done what you have.

Live and learn for you though. Stock tuned MS3's have been known to self detonate and have KR issues due to the stock tune.

The tune is the best thing for the car, without bolt on mods. Your ignorance in thinking certified Mazda mechanics know what's best for these cars makes me frustrated. When you have bad compression or KR issues don't come bitching here...

Definitely linking your thread to my favorite thread on MSF... "Stupid things you've heard people say about cars"

Have a nice day
    To be honest I don't know how long you had mazda vehicles since you have been born but I've had mazda cars maybe when you were still in elementary school so stop talking bull**** you don't know. Mazda does warranty 100% their warranties, at least were I live.
    The extreme stupid person is the one who comments without absolutely no proof thinking they know it all!

Mr. know it all, if you are so good in your knowledge maybe you should apply for a engineering job at mazda,
    who knows maybe they might hire you. Have a nice day also!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eliwwjd For This Useful Post:

Jackal (03-21-2014)

Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is fun.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boyracer For This Useful Post:

greyseason (03-21-2014),Jackal (03-21-2014),Lmmorden (03-21-2014),rzapata (03-22-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eli clearly doesn't know what he's talking about... "the extreme stupid person" would be the blind Mazda customer who praises the dealer like they know everything. U know who the techs and service ppl are? You know their "qualifications"? I've met some pretty ignorant ppl who work at dealerships. Some that couldn't identify a genuine Mazda part! Who made getting a warranty job done 1000 times harder because of their ignorance. Mazda warranties 100 percent of their warranties? What does that even mean!? Step aside bro, and keep believing ppl at dealers know it all. Hell! Even family doctors don't know. Everything in in their field.... Think about it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my world I'm cool... And I'm good with that!
    😜

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm_dudebro View Post
    Eli clearly doesn't know what he's talking about... "the extreme stupid person" would be the blind Mazda customer who praises the dealer like they know everything. U know who the techs and service ppl are? You know their "qualifications"? I've met some pretty ignorant ppl who work at dealerships. Some that couldn't identify a genuine Mazda part! Who made getting a warranty job done 1000 times harder because of their ignorance. Mazda warranties 100 percent of their warranties? What does that even mean!? Step aside bro, and keep believing ppl at dealers know it all. Hell! Even family doctors don't know. Everything in in their field.... Think about it.
    The mazda tech is a well known friend of mine with plenty of experience and he has many trainings and certifications, is not a dumb stupid idiot who graduated yesterday from a tech school.I don't just simply listen to what a dealership tells me.
    I'm going to be honest and straight with you, I don't praise nobody, its a matter of listening to the right person!
    Not every person is ignorant at a work place. I don't favor no dealership, I consult a mechanic friend who is trustworthy.
    This a matter of personal opinion. No need to get all over some member just because he decided to upgrade differently, never the less insult people because they don't think the same way we do. I posted a humble decision which I went with, and look at what it has come to.
    We could differ from other people without lacking of respect to the other forum member. Think about it.

bitch flakes....yummy greyseason's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IBFHIB
    Skyactiv Powa

Corksport | Nextmod | Garage16 | Work | Razo | Tein | Audio Heaven | Broadway | Eurolight | Sony | Kicker | Alpine |

"everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greyseason View Post
    IBFHIB
    my age must be catching up with me; I can't keep up with all these f*****g abbreviations...
    rest of the other guys...chill, relax, sunny warm days will be here and we will soon have our glorified shit boxes in summer mode enjoying the roads.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karmaspeed For This Useful Post:

Amir (03-23-2014),jwoods_24 (02-09-2015),loki (03-23-2014),Prezi (04-01-2014)

Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IBFHIB
    If that abbreviation is what I think it means then it should be IBHIB. Before is one word. Unless in your version F stands for "f**king"

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boyracer For This Useful Post:

greyseason (04-01-2014),loki (03-23-2014),Pacman (03-26-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RMM Questions

IBFHIB
    This this this this. Awesome thread!

And on topic: JBR 88 all the way, if you don't like the vibes, you bought the wrong car.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmaspeed View Post
    my age must be catching up with me; I can't keep up with all these f*****g abbreviations...
    rest of the other guys...chill, relax, sunny warm days will be here and we will soon have our glorified shit boxes in summer mode enjoying the roads.
    nah, its not just you lolz. no fn clue what that means.
    "There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway

bitch flakes....yummy greyseason's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boyracer View Post
    If that abbreviation is what I think it means then it should be IBHIB. Before is one word. Unless in your version F stands for "f**king"
    IBHIB

you can add ****ing to almost anything though

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for sure id recommend stage 2 cpe, i got myself a COBB RMM and i cant wait to install it
    this coming spring time.
    マーズダビード

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12