Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question RMM Questions

Hi guys

I'm totally new on this forum but have had 3 mazda cars. At the moment I own a mazdaspeed 3 2013 model. Bought it a year ago.
    The reason why I'm posting is because I'm getting ready to purchase Autotech HPFP internals, ETS TMIC and a RMM upgrade. Here is the issue
    I have to decide between cp-e stage 2 rmm or corksport racing rmm. One is in rubber the other is urethane. To be honest, I'm really undecided on
    what to go for. I was reading through the forum but couldn't find no comparisons between both. I want stiffness and performance but with least NVH.
    I understand that with rmm upgrades comes NVH but I want to keep as less NVH as possible. I see also that cp-e mounted the rmm vertically, to have only
    direction movement to preserve durability of mount. Corksport has the feature youcan swap bushings from 70 to 80 duro.
    My normal day of work is visiting customers so which of both do you guys think will work best? Hopefully there are some members here that can tell there experiences of both mounts. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi to all forum members!

Welcome to the forum!
    I don't have a speed so can't comment on your dilemma

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hi to all forum members!

Thanks guy. No problem I understand. It is very hard to choose when you have such great companies at hand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cp-e stage 2 ... for sure.

That said, given your list where is the accessport? What mods do you already have? Intake done yet?

First mods should be AccessPort, Fuel Pump, Intake.

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    cp-e stage 2 ... for sure.

That said, given your list where is the accessport? What mods do you already have? Intake done yet?

First mods should be AccessPort, Fuel Pump, Intake.
    Had intake but had to take it off because I noticed that it lost power in lower band so decided to put my drop in K&N filter from my old mazda 3 sp5.
    At the moment the only thing that Ive done besides intake was resonator delete to get some throaty sound. To be honest at the moment I don't plan on changing stock map because here in P.R. dealership is strict about warranty. My car barely has a year. So what I did to monitor car trims, I bought torque app with the obdlink LX Bluetooth adapter with mazdaspeed 2010-2012 plug-in from andoid market, to monitor fuel rail before and after internals are installed and bats before and after ets top mount intercooler installation. This is the reason why accessport is not on my list.
    But I really want to upgrade my rmm but wasn't sure which to go for. I'm kind of curious, what is stiffer urethane or cp-e rmm rubber?

So you think cp-e stage 2 is best?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ups!!!!! forgot also a GFB T9002 Hybrid BOV.

Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. May I suggest a JBR (James Barone Racing) Molly RMM as a third option, and in my opinion a better mount then what you've listed. JBR's customer service is far superior to cp-e. You won't regret it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to boyracer For This Useful Post:

Prezi (04-01-2014)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boyracer View Post
    Welcome. May I suggest a JBR (James Barone Racing) Molly RMM as a third option, and in my opinion a better mount then what you've listed. JBR's customer service is far superior to cp-e. You won't regret it.

Thanks guy! the only reason why I didn't consider JBr is because I saw a video a 70 duro which had quite vibes and I decided to hold back. I was reading a few minutes before reading your post that urethane will withstand more than rubber(cp-e material).
    Corksport has caught my attention because there material is urethane like jbr but no NVH. If you read all the reviews everybody comments about how great the mounts are with the benefit of no vibes. don't get me wrong, I love jbr products but was afraid of not liking vibes and end up wasting my money. From your comment and what I was reading urethane is a way better material for bushings than rubber.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JBR's aren't so forgiving.

The cp-e is going to give you the least vibes as it's the softest, especially the stage 2.
    The corksport is quite good too, even their 80 or 88 duro one is soft enough to daily drive as the bushing is bigger physically.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi to all forum members!

I agree with wanting a RMM and not having to suffer too much with engine vibrations. Once you make your decision post what you find

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well after researching and reading, urethane is best for performance over rubber. It wont stretch that easy and it will endure way more than rubber. I think I'll be going with corksport due to the fact that you can change bushings from 70 duro to 80 duro. Second, there are plenty of outstanding reviews of this rmm, which tells me that the product has to be good. Another fact is the nvh experienced by users. Last but not least, corksport customer service is outstanding. Maybe ill call my brother Spencer and ask him about the 80 duro bushings.
    When I install, I'll keep you informed. Thanks guys!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to eliwwjd For This Useful Post:

Wisecraker (03-19-2014)

Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to boyracer For This Useful Post:

2zoom (03-19-2014)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boyracer View Post
    Cmon boyracer be nice. I understand that with upgraded rmm comes vibes but I want to keep them less possible.
    I daily drive to customers. There is always a best of both worlds

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: RMM Questions

There is also the Ford Focus E-Mount (the torque mount from the electric ford focus). It's about 60 +/- bucks at your local ford dealer, and it's nice and quiet and doesn't vibe, but stiffens up the shifts and fixes wheel hop issues quite nicely. All the focus ST and Volvo guys know about it, since it's a fair enough improvement to satisfy people's performance concerns without sacrificing the comfort.

Put one on my car, and the improvement was quite nice, and I don't have to worry about putting coins in my cupholder.

Part Number is: CM5Z-6068-A
    and it looks like this:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you just want some better shifting/driving. If you are not gonna do a access port and leaving a stock map the internals are not really needed or the TMIC, sure there is some heat issues at summer but running stock I wouldn't worry much about it, but again up to you, but seems you are so worried about warranty I would def not do the internals. Take the money and add in a corksport SRI to go with the RMM give your car a little noise and will add a little extra throaty noise to your stock exhaust. or use the internals monies for set of springs. My point is if you are not going for performance increase then aim for better driving like springs, short throw shift plate, solid shifter bushing..things like that....easy and cheap to do....cheers
    MazdaSpeed 2010 - Cobb - Corksport

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greardon View Post
    It sounds like you just want some better shifting/driving. If you are not gonna do a access port and leaving a stock map the internals are not really needed or the TMIC, sure there is some heat issues at summer but running stock I wouldn't worry much about it, but again up to you, but seems you are so worried about warranty I would def not do the internals. Take the money and add in a corksport SRI to go with the RMM give your car a little noise and will add a little extra throaty noise to your stock exhaust. or use the internals monies for set of springs. My point is if you are not going for performance increase then aim for better driving like springs, short throw shift plate, solid shifter bushing..things like that....easy and cheap to do....cheers
    Thanks guys
    Last night I put the order for autotech internals, ets tmic and corksport 70 & 80 duro swappable rmm mounts.
    When I install, I'll keep you informed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by austinSedz View Post
    There is also the Ford Focus E-Mount (the torque mount from the electric ford focus). It's about 60 +/- bucks at your local ford dealer, and it's nice and quiet and doesn't vibe, but stiffens up the shifts and fixes wheel hop issues quite nicely. All the focus ST and Volvo guys know about it, since it's a fair enough improvement to satisfy people's performance concerns without sacrificing the comfort.

Put one on my car, and the improvement was quite nice, and I don't have to worry about putting coins in my cupholder.

Part Number is: CM5Z-6068-A
    and it looks like this:
    Would this work on a 2013 Mazda 3 2.0?

Ride
    C400
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used CP-e 70duro rmm, and it didn't help in terms of wheel hop.. I was pissed so I went JBR 80 duro trilogy, note that it's my DD and it's going to be my baby carrier soon, so far ... loving the vibes. More importantly, zero wheel hop, power gets to the ground. I can get used to minor vibes, but wheel hop when I needed the power, not acceptable.

bitch flakes....yummy greyseason's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisecraker View Post
    Would this work on a 2013 Mazda 3 2.0?
    If it fits a normal mz3(which it should if what he says is true) than it will. They all look the same minus stage2 CP-e
    Skyactiv Powa

Corksport | Nextmod | Garage16 | Work | Razo | Tein | Audio Heaven | Broadway | Eurolight | Sony | Kicker | Alpine |

"everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did this guy not read the mod path series? TMIC is a funny thing to start with, it will amount to almost zero gains without an accessport, a tune and an intake (which is the bigger restriction over the OEM TMIC).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried also why do the internals if your never gonna move off a stock map and are concerned with warranty

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^THIS. Just placed an order myself. Figured I might give it a try. If all goes well, would be great value at $49. I'm be installing shortly and will have feedback. Otherwise, checkout some of the other suggestions.

Ride
    '93 RX7 R1
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for what its worth, I have the Corksport 70 Duro Racing RMM and hardly felt a difference in regards to NVH, and I'm usually pretty sensitive to this kinda stuff cause it annoys the crap outta me. That being said, it tightened things up a bit, atleast enough for me to be happy.

I don't have a habit of launching hard off the line, so wheel hop isn't much of an issue for me.
    Last edited by Mty Mous; 03-20-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Did this guy not read the mod path series? TMIC is a funny thing to start with, it will amount to almost zero gains without an accessport, a tune and an intake (which is the bigger restriction over the OEM TMIC).
    You don't need an accessport to see gains with a tmic upgrade. You might want to read in the mazdaspeed forums, there are members who experienced gains and the powergains were obviously there. The stock tmic does have a restriction and that's a fact!
    To be honest I have seen test from other forums where an intake vs. Drop in has barely no difference in power numbers. Intake sucks hot air from engine and you loose low end power. Filter needs to be isolated from engine hot air. That's why cobb and corksport developed thermal box to isolate air filter from hot air from engine.That been said I don't think an intake is more restrictive than the oem intercooler.
    To be honest ap doesn't necessarily have to be the first mod on list. There is no golden rule on what mod path to take.Not everybody has money to buy one, Second, if you want to monitor your car, you can do it with an obd2 adapter.
    The only mod I agree you should start with is hpfp. To monitor you can use an obd2 adapter if you don't want to purchase an ap.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My cpe stg2 is kind of rough.. My friend has a torque solutions rmm which is a bit less firm. It's your personal decision. I am getting used to the cpe stage 2 but sometimes wouldn't mind the comfort of a less stiff mount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast