Thread: Cant wait for my car!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can\'t wait for my car!

Hi there!

My name is Heather and I\'ve been lurking on the various mazda3 forums since I bought my car last week. I\'m waiting on delivery, as the car is somewhere between Japan and Oshawa. Targeted to arrive last week in July/First week in Aug. as it is a June production car.

I\'m a very impatient lady and I wish it was already here, but I\'m being good about it. I ordered the Sport GT(5 door) in winning blue with auto (i wanted stick but didn\'t want to wait). Also with the moonroof, and was able to get the dealer to throw in tint and all season mats too.

I\'m glad there\'s a group for this addiction...I\'m tempted to go back to the dealer just to take another one for a drive to fill my obsession! Nice to meet you all
    Heather - www.heatherwindsor.com

Goodbye Mazda...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Can\'t wait for my car!\'

Ahhh, another person waiting on their ride. We should form a support group. I\'m pretty new to the site and an east sider as well, viva la revolution!
    Chris- Scarborough/Pickering border

Titanium GS sedan, Auto, Air, Power Package. Now driven by by my aunt, still going strong after 9 1/2 years.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!

Sounds like you might be in the same boat as many still waiting while their car is in Vancouver. Hopefully you\'ll all have your cars soon enough and all meet up. We\'re working our way to the east side meet.
    Mig

2002 SV650S

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Heather. Not very many females on this forum so I thought I\'d extend my welcome. I actually have not posted here before although I visit pretty often. I just got my Winning Blue Mazda3 Sport GT (no moonroof though) 2 weeks ago and could not be happier! I had not seen the color before ordering but wanted something with a bit more \"wow\" factor than the other colors, so I was very pleased when I finally saw it.

Some good news, some bad news. My car has a May build date, was shipped from Japan May 28, arrived in Vancouver around June 11, shipped by train on June 15, arrived in Toronto on June 22, and finally made it to my dealership in Sudbury on June 28. Total transit time was 31 days. Now the bad news. Others\' whose cars were on the same boat are still waiting for the cars to be loaded on trains in Vancouver! Apparently there was some kind of backlog so hopefully that is resolved by the time your car arrives. So, just something to keep in mind while you wait. Mine took just over 4 weeks but there can be lengthy delays. However long it takes, I\'m sure you will absolutely love your new car! I got mine with 35% tint (65% light blockage) all around as the Ontario legal limit for the front windows is 35% and I wanted uniform color. Couldn\'t be happier!
    Sept 24/08 - Traded in 2004 Mazda3 Sport GT auto (Winning Blue) for 2009 Honda Fit Sport auto (Orange Revolution) due to paint/rust issue and sub-par dealership experience

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Heather, welcome. I think between yourself and myself maybe we can move a meet closer to the east end. I\'m in Port Perry and yes, i\'m still waiting for my car. Bought it June 22nd and still waiting. Once it gets here though it\'ll have 20% tint all around. I know it\'s illegal but I highly doubt the cops will notice. Now if it was 5% all around then they would definitely notice.
    Snipes Mazda3
    Indigo Blue GX/5-MT
    15% Tint All Around including sunband

1997 Ford Probe GTS

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pretty good! Two new female members (our firsts?) in the forum (actually posting to be exact)... but I know you, ZoomZoom Girl!! Welcome! Too bad it\'s not likely you\'d ever come out to a Toronto Mazda3 club meet though.

Heather, congrats! Join Xenon, myself, ZoomZoom Girl, and one other member (sorry I forgot who exactly) in (eventually) owning a Winning Blue! Xenon and ZoomZoom Girl are already happily driving their\'s for a while now.

Mine is somewhere between Vancouver Port and Toronto, inclusive... was on the same boat as ZZG\'s but was unlucky and didn\'t board the original train destined for TO.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Ahhh, another person waiting on their ride. We should form a support group. I\'m pretty new to the site and an east sider as well, viva la revolution!
    awww...we do need a group to get us through the lonley nights without our cars!

Where in the east are you?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ZoomZoom Girl

Hey Heather. Not very many females on this forum so I thought I\'d extend my welcome. I actually have not posted here before although I visit pretty often. I just got my Winning Blue Mazda3 Sport GT (no moonroof though) 2 weeks ago and could not be happier! I had not seen the color before ordering but wanted something with a bit more \"wow\" factor than the other colors, so I was very pleased when I finally saw it.

Some good news, some bad news. My car has a May build date, was shipped from Japan May 28, arrived in Vancouver around June 11, shipped by train on June 15, arrived in Toronto on June 22, and finally made it to my dealership in Sudbury on June 28. Total transit time was 31 days. Now the bad news. Others\' whose cars were on the same boat are still waiting for the cars to be loaded on trains in Vancouver! Apparently there was some kind of backlog so hopefully that is resolved by the time your car arrives. So, just something to keep in mind while you wait. Mine took just over 4 weeks but there can be lengthy delays. However long it takes, I\'m sure you will absolutely love your new car! I got mine with 35% tint (65% light blockage) all around as the Ontario legal limit for the front windows is 35% and I wanted uniform color. Couldn\'t be happier!
    Hi there! I didn\'t figure there were many if any females on here. Why not be the first! Us Winning Blue M3 girls have to stick together. haha

I\'m with you on the wow factor...I was drawn to the titanium to begin with, but when thats all I saw on the road, I wanted different. The orange caught my eye too, but I think its just a phase. My current car is blue, so I went with what i like.

31 day transit time seems good compared to what I\'ve been hearing from most lately. I\'m hoping mine makes it when it\'s supposed to. I\'m looking forward to taking it with me on some trips in August. The biggest problem is that I\'m trying to sell my current car which goes into Auto Trader tomorrow, but if there is going to be a delay beyond the already 2-3 weeks, I don\'t know how it will work because i obviously need transportation. This is why the car business can be such a pain the butt sometimes!

I\'m glad you\'re enjoying your car though! I\'ll live vicariously through you and everyone else who has theirs in the meantime!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Can\'t

I, too, am in the same boat. I just heard today that my winning blue Sport GT with manual arrived in Vancouver. The salesman quoted me 1-2 weeks for arrival from Vancouver to the dealership, and definitely no more than 2 weeks, which is really really better than I thought. He originally told me it was a July build date, but it sounds more like it was a June build based on the arrival? Anyhoo, hopefully it\'ll be as soon as possible... i can\'t wait!!! In the meantime I have to drive a crappy rental......... booo hissss.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Heather! Welcome to the club! Believe me when I tell you, the car is worth the wait, even though it\'s a long one. I hope to see you at some of our meets!

Great Colour Choice

Mazda3 SOLD. Bye Bye XeBa

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, you found me out Warren (aka wtom)! Between this forum, mazda3forums, and the one on Edmunds, I have been busy. You never know, I just may pop into one of those GTA gatherings....it isn\'t THAT far from Sudbury.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Xenon

Hey Heather! Welcome to the club! Believe me when I tell you, the car is worth the wait, even though it\'s a long one. I hope to see you at some of our meets!

Great Colour Choice
    Thanks for the welcome, Xenon! I\'d agree..we both have good taste in colour

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ZoomZoom Girl

Ah, you found me out Warren (aka wtom)! Between this forum, mazda3forums, and the one on Edmunds, I have been busy. You never know, I just may pop into one of those GTA gatherings....it isn\'t THAT far from Sudbury.
    It would definitely be a sweet drive in the new car! I\'d do it.

I\'m a regular here, Mazda3Forums, and TranceAddicts.com.

Why Edmunds? Aren\'t they U.S. centralized?

Originally I had no idea you\'d be you... I just read your first post and started thinking, holy crap, someone else who is in the same boat as you! Then I moved my eyes left to see the handle and noticed GIRL and I was in the know that you were who I\'ve been complaining to about my car and you rubbing it in with your car in posession for two weeks now...

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\"Providing valuable information for future owners\" is a nicer way of saying it Warren... Ok, ok, a bit of gloating did make its way in there but remember, I didn\'t own a car and had spent 6 years with a 3 hour+ commute by bus(es)/day, so I was extra happy to have a car! (why can\'t this forum have a \"happy dance smiley\" like on Mazdaforum?)

Oh, Edmunds is U.S. but their cars are basically the same as ours (minus the Xenons and a few extras they can get) so their comments have been invaluable. The forum is very active so alot of stuff comes up. I like to keep well informed on my new car so, between the 3 forums I think all the bases are covered.

Have a great day Warren. Oh, and \"zoom zoom\" (you started it!)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first post also.

I\'ve been lurking on Mazda3forums and here doing some research and finding out information about the Mazda3 before I buy in 6 months or so.

Today I saw 3 Mazda3s hatchbacks on my way to work. And guess what? They were all driven by ladies. I was impressed. One Ti Grey, W. Blue and Silver.

I\'m looking into getting a hatchback also. Mica Black, Arctic White or W. Blue. But W. Blue is a little too common. I haven\'t seen many White on the road.

Are you guys going to do a little personalization to your cars? I got HIDs, RX8 18\" rims and tints on my potential mod list.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| OG 2.3L @ 450,000 km & counting

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by RedRaptor

Are you guys going to do a little personalization to your cars? I got HIDs, RX8 18\" rims and tints on my potential mod list.
    Hi RedRaptor, welcome to the club!

Regarding your statement above, I originally wanted to do EVERYTHING to the car (once I get it) as this will be my first car purchase, for myself, driven by myself. However, after some thought and talking over with friends, I\'m going to enjoy the car in its stock form for at least the first year of owning/driving it. THEN if I feel the need to change anything, I will decide then to do it. But for now, nothing to enhance the power or make the car more sporty.

At most, for me, the following (which are not even considered mods, in my mind); tinting (definite), clear bra, and rust-protection.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Hey Hey. I was just at my Mazda dealership (Avante Richmond Hill) and while I was there I had the lady call Mazda Canada about the status of my car and supposedly a train has left Vancouver and it left on July 12th. It should be rolling into the Toronto area either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I have a good feeling that a lot of our cars are on that train. How sweet is that. The population of the MZ3\'s are going to go up drastically and then these meets will really take off with the number of cars visible.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know how often they have shipments from Vancouver to Toronto? I\'m thinking my car is probably sitting on that train too..... just a little while longer.....!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by xoom

Do you know how often they have shipments from Vancouver to Toronto? I\'m thinking my car is probably sitting on that train too..... just a little while longer.....!
    I doubt mine is on that shipment, since the guy said last week in july/first week in august..but I can hope I won\'t have to wait too much longer!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I\'m thinking that it\'s about 1 train a month. At least that\'s what it\'s been lately. It really bites how that works but what can we do.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Snipes

Hey Hey Hey. I was just at my Mazda dealership (Avante Richmond Hill) and while I was there I had the lady call Mazda Canada about the status of my car and supposedly a train has left Vancouver and it left on July 12th. It should be rolling into the Toronto area either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I have a good feeling that a lot of our cars are on that train. How sweet is that. The population of the MZ3\'s are going to go up drastically and then these meets will really take off with the number of cars visible.
    I was told my car left on the 12th and should be in this week as well. Good news to get some confirmation!

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Snipes for the update! Now to see who has the luck this time. If my car missed this train, I\'m gonna snap!

I got a voicemail from my salesperson yesterday (Jul 19th) and all he said was that my car should be at the dealership and ready sometime this week. That is all, no details, no days, nothing.

So... hoping... but trying not to over do it...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I just called my dealer to ask about the status of my car. It\'s still listed as \"at sea\" and should be arriving into port in a couple of days. The guys said it\'ll probably be the first week in August, doubtful about end of july now.

He said they have a shortage on the 3 tier rail cars, which is why they can\'t transport as many out of BC, hence why its taking longer to get them all where they need to be. But he\'s still adament that it\'ll be first week in August. I really don\'t know who to believe at this point.

He said once they drop it at the compound in Markham, instead of waiting a few days for them to load up a truck and drop them off at the dealer, they drive them back from the compound (consequently putting some km\'s on them) so they get them faster. I don\'t LIKE the idea of having km\'s on my car ahead of me getting it, but at the same time, those 2 days could mean getting my tint done faster at the dealer, and getting the car sooner. Take the good with the bad I guess?

So now the countdown begins I guess! here\'s hoping he\'s right

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by super_vixen

He said once they drop it at the compound in Markham, instead of waiting a few days for them to load up a truck and drop them off at the dealer, they drive them back from the compound (consequently putting some km\'s on them) so they get them faster. I don\'t LIKE the idea of having km\'s on my car ahead of me getting it, but at the same time, those 2 days could mean getting my tint done faster at the dealer, and getting the car sooner. Take the good with the bad I guess?
    I prefer no one driving the car before me either except those few kilometres for delivery onto boat/train/truck, off boat/train/truck, and PDE purposes. Other than that, the thought is hovering that some ignorant fool is pedalling to the metal, redlining, and possibly cornering like crazy when given the chance (thus never have dealership B drive your \"wanted\" car to dealership A but instead have it trucked over).

Handful of hopefuls and the rest being owners here wishing the best deliveries for your car!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I\'m the same. I would only prefer like 6 or 7 km\'s on my car when i get it but not like 30 or 40. Who knows that they do. Here we are concerned about breaking them in the way they should be but it might be too late for that as some fool may have already reved hard and breaked fast. Who knows. I\'m still waiting patiently for that call that it\'s in though. Should be driving it by this friday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast