Thread: Sensen Struts and shocks?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sensen Struts and shocks?

As mentioned in another thread, the Sensen 1460 Struts and shocks are an alternative to OEM parts. Anyone here have experience with these on a speed3?
    I'm on stock springs and I want to get some better ride quality over bumps without breaking the bank. I bought my car used so I have no idea what it feels like when new. I actually don't even know if my struts have been replaced. I have 116k km on my speed3. Would it be possible that my car is still on it's original struts or would they be noticeably shot to hell by now? For 200$ shipped I would be happy if there's an improvement over what I have now. Anyone know how durable they are for my daily drive?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sensen Struts and shocks?

I've had the Mz5 spec Sensens on my Mz3 for ~2 years and ~50k km paired with Prokits the whole time. The ride has been great, stiffer but not to the point of coilover stiffness so its still pretty comfortable. No problems to speak of and a life warranty for peace of mind.

I switched out around 130000ish km when one of my fronts died entirely so I'd expect that you still have stock shocks/struts with some life left in them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sensen Struts and shocks?

Hey Zuluwun, thanks for the info. I've weighed my options and I've decided to go with Koni FSDs. I know, way different lol.

I wanted to get a better ride quality for my speed3 since its my daily drive. I'm going to keep this car for a long time so I may as well fork over the money and do an upgrade. I read the sensens were great for the money though and they make the ride stiffer. That's probably the opposite of what i'm looking for on my car but may suit others needs. If anyone's looking for slightly better OEM replacements then you should check out what people are saying about the Sensens.