Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy and CHEAP fix for not functioning AC in 2004-2009 mazda 3!!! check it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Easy and CHEAP fix for not functioning AC in 2004-2009 mazda 3!!! check it

Nice, thanks for this!
    2008.5 Galaxy Grey Sedan

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Easy and CHEAP fix for not functioning AC in 2004-2009 mazda 3!!! check it

Ok pulled it apart. The bearing in the pulley is an NSK 32BD4718DUM3. The bearing is also "staked" in, so you would have to probable grind them out first and then push the bearing out.

Product Model: 32BD4718DUM3 (DUM = Dust and Waterproof)
    Structure: Angular Contact Ball Bearing
    Inside Diameter: 32 mm
    Outside Diameter: 47 mm
    Thickness: 18 mm
    Size: 32x47x18mm (dxDxB)
    Precision Rating: P0 P6 P5 P4 P3 P2
    Seals Type: Open/2RS/2Z
    Material: Chrome steel (Gcr15)
    Last edited by Shawn; 09-11-2015 at 03:38 PM.
    Regards
    Shawn

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ok pulled it apart. The bearing in the pulley is an NSK 32BD4718DUM3. The bearing is also "staked" in, so you would have to probable grind them out first and then push the bearing out.

Product Model: 32BD4718DUM3 (DUM = Dust and Waterproof)
    Structure: Angular Contact Ball Bearing
    Inside Diameter: 32 mm
    Outside Diameter: 47 mm
    Thickness: 18 mm
    Size: 32x47x18mm (dxDxB)
    Precision Rating: P0 P6 P5 P4 P3 P2
    Seals Type: Open/2RS/2Z
    Material: Chrome steel (Gcr15)

Here is the bearing NSK 32BD4718 32x47x18 mm

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update. I finally got around to replacing the bearing. Take note it is not a full waterproof bearing. The price difference for full water proof is $25 vs $142.
    Took about 1.5 hours to pull the pulley, grind the bearing stakes, and pound out the failed unit. Then pound back the new bearing (this was in the freezer to aid in assembly) and stake it.
    Rebelted and everything is cool. I am hoping that this will last a few years.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can hear grinding noise when my car is in idle or specific low rpm. when I rev it or driving I can't hear it. Is my bearing needs replacing?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy at Street Performance can help find it. I also had bad belt idler. You would have to pull the belts to find the grinding.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, seem to have the same issue. AC works, clutch engages but there is knocking noise coming from the pulley. Took the AC belt off and noise stopped. Figure I need to replace the pulley. Is there anyone in the GTA that would do this (rather than DIY)? tx

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbcan View Post
    Hi, seem to have the same issue. AC works, clutch engages but there is knocking noise coming from the pulley. Took the AC belt off and noise stopped. Figure I need to replace the pulley. Is there anyone in the GTA that would do this (rather than DIY)? tx
    Ok, I decided to bite the bullet and take on this project. Took a few hours and needed a puller to get the pulley out, but I was able to get it done in a few hours (with trips to the store for tools).

I have the pulley out and have the NSK bearing that is listed in this thread.

Is there any shop in toronto that can grind out the stakes, remove the old bearing and press in a new bearing? I don't have the tools to grind out the stakes.

Anyone know a place in the GTA where I can get a replacement bearing? I'm going to call NSK tomorrow.

tx again

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbcan View Post
    Ok, I decided to bite the bullet and take on this project. Took a few hours and needed a puller to get the pulley out, but I was able to get it done in a few hours (with trips to the store for tools).

I have the pulley out and have the NSK bearing that is listed in this thread.

Is there any shop in toronto that can grind out the stakes, remove the old bearing and press in a new bearing? I don't have the tools to grind out the stakes.

Anyone know a place in the GTA where I can get a replacement bearing? I'm going to call NSK tomorrow.

tx again
    I couldn't remove the stakes and cannot find any shop to do it. End up, I ordered from this seller on Ebay an AC Compressor Clutch kit which includes pulley with bearing already pressed in, front plate (hub), coil with full harness with thermal sensor (no splicing needed), c-clamps, center bolt and shims. I already installed it it without the new coil (I keep the old coil). I put 2 old shim plus and extra shim to keep a gap 0.25 mm between front plate and a pulley but it make a little noise because the front plate is still too close to the pulley (front plate spin a little). I engage the AC then the noise disappear. I will re-adjust the gap to 0.30 mm over the weekend to see it ok or not.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update. - Thanks everyone for the info I finally fixed this.

I found the bearing at Bearings Canada part no. 32BD4718 ~ $33. I found a shop that would press out the old bearing and press in the new bearing. I re staked it (somewhat) with a punch and hammer myself. I followed the instructions (found some useful youtube videos on this topic) and replaced the pulley. I needed to buy additional shims from mazda (a total rip off) to get the gap correct. Noise was gone and A/C worked.. but then I noticed the a/c clutch was intermittently disengaging (saw this while testing the a/c just after finishing the repair). I assumed the coil was also bad. I took a chance and ordered the coil and pulley kit from ebay seller coldfusionacparts (front plate, coil and pulley)

I just installed it and everything is working fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12