Thread: Driver's Window - almost completely off its broken tracks!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Driver's Window - almost completely off its broken tracks!

Over the past month, i noticed the drivers window would not seal properly. It seemed at the very end of its roll-up, it became off angle, and did not make the proper seal. alot of road noise occurred.

a few days ago, it got a lot worse!

The window rolls up as if it is turning, almost like how a lambo door opens lol

It goes up only halfway now before becoming jammed and rotating hard... I have it taped as of last night due to the storm

Ajax Mazda told me i need a new track- $150
    they just quoted me for labor $107

Has anyone attempted to do this repair on their own? its summer time and $300 seems worth it for a functioning window, but daymn if its possible to do solo id love to give it a try.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 740 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Driver's Window - almost completely off its broken tracks!

This happened to my passenger window. The clips kept breaking inside the window and I tried to keep fixing it to no avail. You can either pay Mazda to fix it or you can try an alternative. Go to the auto wreckers and get the whole mechanism to replace your old one. Will save you at least 200. When I replaced my entire door with one from the wreckers it fixed my problem and been working ever since. If you need help shoot me a PM. I kinda became an expert on fixing this damn window after much trial and error lol.
    They say I'm an addict but I don't have a problem with alcohol or drugs. I'm an addict because I can't live without bass. Car audio is my addiction. And it will never change.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mechanism on the inside is simple enough that you could DIY. I've taken out my windows for tinting. Though a lot of nuts and bolts.

See this listing for a window. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Mazda...item4ad0f49739 There's a nut that goes through the two white clips at the bottom and holds it to a piece of plastic that's connected to the track.

Best case scenario, only the nut holding the window rusted away and you have to get that replaced.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XTOTHEL View Post
    The mechanism on the inside is simple enough that you could DIY. I've taken out my windows for tinting. Though a lot of nuts and bolts.

See this listing for a window. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Mazda...item4ad0f49739 There's a nut that goes through the two white clips at the bottom and holds it to a piece of plastic that's connected to the track.

Best case scenario, only the nut holding the window rusted away and you have to get that replaced.
    I fixed 3 of those clips and it never worked for me. I found out the issue was Mine bent when my brother hit the guard rail and I never looked at it close enough but when I decided to replace the door I figured out that the whole track piece bent and caused it to go off track everytime I got it 3/4 of the way up. We just learned to push it back on track and hold it to put it up lol. But hopefully for you it is just the clips. Which are like 6 bucks at Mazda.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kept doing the holding it in the track trick. but onetime out of habit i rolled up the window while looking at my passenger, and it really messed it up. cannot roll it up past halfway now without it jamming for some reason. i think this time i will cough up the 250 for them to fix it. 150 part plus 107 labor

I think one nut was broken, but, i messed it up more when i rolled it up without guiding it properly....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well good luck to you man! Hopefully it does get fixed and that its not too too expensive. It isn't an easy thing to do and with all the clips and holder of the window itself it can all be a pain in the ass. Scrapyard and 2 hours- 25 bucks at most lol.
    Last edited by jaimie08mazda3; 06-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Ride
    Toyizzle Yarizzle
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were close by, I could have done it for you for 25 bucks...
    Is the diagnosed part the whole regulator assembly?
    The tracks are the rubber slots on the sides that the glass slides through; the regulator controls the movement and alignment.
    Use silicone lube to lubricate the rubber tracks for the glass slide through it easier.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually it's a routine to lube the tracks two times every year. The brush lube lasts longer than the spray
    Click to enlarge!

www.leenguyen.ca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happened to my driver side window and now seems to be happening to my passenger side window. What I found with the drivers side is my clips looked intact, but the bolt keep loosening going through the clips holding to the plastic piece on the track. I tightened it up, and lubricated my rubber seals and it has been fine. Is there anything I can put on the bolts to stop them from loosening when I do my passenger side, ie. locktite blue maybe?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKilla View Post
    This happened to my driver side window and now seems to be happening to my passenger side window. What I found with the drivers side is my clips looked intact, but the bolt keep loosening going through the clips holding to the plastic piece on the track. I tightened it up, and lubricated my rubber seals and it has been fine. Is there anything I can put on the bolts to stop them from loosening when I do my passenger side, ie. locktite blue maybe?
    Get a new clip from the dealer, the metal piece inside the clip that the bolt tightens to is probably rusted, that's probably why your bolt isn't staying in.

Ride
    2009 Acura MDX
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This started last night on my 2012.

I haven't seen it, just heard from my wife who drives the Mazda.

Will have to take a look at it this weekend. Just hope she doesn't bent the track by forcing it up.
    2012 Mazda3 Sedan GS SKYACTIV

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Sky View Post
    This started last night on my 2012.

I haven't seen it, just heard from my wife who drives the Mazda.

Will have to take a look at it this weekend. Just hope she doesn't bent the track by forcing it up.

This is a 4 year old thread. Regulators are easy to change and rather cheap.
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy