Thread: Jims Perrys UCDA

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Jims Perrys UCDA

Jim perrys from Kemptville, ON NOT recommended to anyone. Thats where i bought the wifes mazda and NOTHING but problems with them. if you have questions ill answer em lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jims Perrys UCDA

What issues did you have with them?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well bought the mazda from him, it had 120 xxx on it so when he had it on the hoist I noticed everything suspension wise was factory I told him to double check everything cause I know those tie rod ends were done. Sure enough we got the car im driving down the road I have a light clunking sound, and steering handling in corners were horrid. Wife called in was talking to him brought it in.. nothing wrong with it. Bring it into mazda cause I knew something was wrong. Turned out to be a good 1700 bucks we needed all four struts, bearings tie rod ends, and strut mounts. He was suppose to pay us back for the parts etc and still to date nothing. We purchased a third party warranty which obviously does **** all. He went thru the warranty company... now we called in to see if he made the claim and nothing.

Sure enough a week not even after mazda looked at it its back in getting control arms done, but the warranty company covered that so whatever. I would never purchase a car from these guys EVER. Right now im talking to the UCDA and BBB if they cant do something then im going after the company and the mmechanic who saftied the car from the start. You cant miss something like that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk to OMVIC in addition to the UCDA. OMVIC has legal rights to investigate. The BBB is only a review company and doesn't have enough strength to make a solution happen. I've worked for a dealership with an F- rating, they didn't care because BBB doesn't dictate if they can continue doing business. OMVIC controlls their licencing. I suggest you go to OMVIC.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azdame View Post
    Talk to OMVIC in addition to the UCDA. OMVIC has legal rights to investigate. The BBB is only a review company and doesn't have enough strength to make a solution happen. I've worked for a dealership with an F- rating, they didn't care because BBB doesn't dictate if they can continue doing business. OMVIC controlls their licencing. I suggest you go to OMVIC.
    Alright thanks man will do that.. I mean ive given they guy and the dealership a fair chance probably more then others, but when you turn around and lie to my face.. kinda pissed me off considering im not as dumb as he thinks I am lol. When I lose money on a car I just bought... and have to put 2700 into it when I know the parts no way in hell would have passed a safety pissed me off. After spending 12000 to purchase this safe car lol. Good thing its the wifes... I woulda drove it through their shops front door hahaha

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evildiesel View Post
    Alright thanks man will do that.. I mean ive given they guy and the dealership a fair chance probably more then others, but when you turn around and lie to my face.. kinda pissed me off considering im not as dumb as he thinks I am lol. When I lose money on a car I just bought... and have to put 2700 into it when I know the parts no way in hell would have passed a safety pissed me off. After spending 12000 to purchase this safe car lol. Good thing its the wifes... I woulda drove it through their shops front door hahaha
    Let him them know what you are doing also and maybe it will scare them into taking care of it for you. Dropping 2700 into a car to make it safe after it had its safety is ridiculous.

Do they offer any return policy on the car by chance? You might be beyond it by now, and after putting money into it you are probably not wanting to return it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    Let him them know what you are doing also and maybe it will scare them into taking care of it for you. Dropping 2700 into a car to make it safe after it had its safety is ridiculous.

Do they offer any return policy on the car by chance? You might be beyond it by now, and after putting money into it you are probably not wanting to return it.
    Indeed. and 2700 on a 12000 car is crazy.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Its always these stories that get me suspicious of those used car dealers. I'm glad at least some of the warranty is taking care of your control arms; was that the third party or Mazda?
    2015 Subaru WRX Sport / Dark Grey Metallic
    2007 Mazda3 Sport GS 2.3L / Crystal Pearl White / 5spd - rip

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah no he didnt, but hey wouldn't stop me from driving it through their front door lol what pissed me off was him saying ohh yeah well have your money.. wife calls the warranty company noope lol what a goof. Like I said im not playing with him anymore jewed the wrong guys wife lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tweak_s View Post

Sorry to hear about your experience. Its always these stories that get me suspicious of those used car dealers. I'm glad at least some of the warranty is taking care of your control arms; was that the third party or Mazda?

That would be a third party not mazda, as we have 133xxx km on it now. Guess the wife will listen to me the next time I say I wanna look over the car or have my mechanic look it over. She made a complaint with BBB and gotta call back from some company wanting to fix the rust spots that jim perrys was also suppose to fix. STAY AWAY FROM THEM just a gong show

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tweak_s View Post

Yeah I have always been weary of used car places. Mind you my uncle is a mechanic so he's always hooked me up with cars he's been servicing and knows his client is gonna sell. That was until I got my Mazda and I went with Mazda dealership and got a CPO

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I have always been weary of used car places. Mind you my uncle is a mechanic so he's always hooked me up with cars he's been servicing and knows his client is gonna sell. That was until I got my Mazda and I went with Mazda dealership and got a CPO
    Yeah my uncles owns a junk yard here in the valley, ive had my first few cars from him free and never had as many issues as I am now with a car from a dealership lol mind you he has his ucda also but cmon why bullshit over someones saftey? If my 4 month old son and fiancé got in an accident because of that their would be some big unavoidable problems for him. Whats sad is vehicles are engineered to fail and break... but to blind saftey a car like that... its obvious a licensed mechanic would not have let that go... no effin way in hell

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evildiesel View Post
    Yeah my uncles owns a junk yard here in the valley, ive had my first few cars from him free and never had as many issues as I am now with a car from a dealership lol mind you he has his ucda also but cmon why bullshit over someones saftey? If my 4 month old son and fiancé got in an accident because of that their would be some big unavoidable problems for him. Whats sad is vehicles are engineered to fail and break... but to blind saftey a car like that... its obvious a licensed mechanic would not have let that go... no effin way in hell
    It amazes me what some people try and get away with in this day and age.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It amazes me what some people try and get away with in this day and age.
    oh i know man, best part is they think were young and know nothing lol