Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting of the Mazdas Discussion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Meeting of the Mazda\'s Discussion

The Meeting of the Mazdas have been brought to my attention. I would like to keep one thread (the original one that is now locked) for administrative purposes such as attendence lists and announcements.

I have created this thread for replies to the original thread.

Mazda3 SOLD. Bye Bye XeBa

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Meeting of the Mazda\'s Discussion\'

I would like to personally invite you all to this event. I have had the fortunate chance of meeting a couple of you at some of the TOP meets and would like to get to know more of you.

Looking forward to this event and to your participation.

Regards,

Jason Laxamana
    President
    Toronto Protege Club

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Jason, I think I saw your car at the Brullen event back in June...wicked looking car, especially the wheels.
    flickr

"boom goes the dynamite"

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys wanted a longer cruise? This event better grab your attention and get you revving your engines for one awesome cruise from Toronto to Hamilton!

This looks to be a lot more fun/interesting! I AM tempted!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... that\'s not a bad idea.... we should set one up... where\'s a good meeting spot? It\'s gotta be in the morning tho. Roll in is at 11 AM.

Somewhere close to a highway. we can do Courtney Park or Kennedy Commons... or both...

Eastside Premeet at Kennedy Commons for 9 AM.... they cruise to a westside premeet at Courtney Park at 10 AM... we all roll together for 11 AM in Hamilton?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE WE HAVE GOTTEN FOR THIS YEARS MEET, WE HAVE HAD TO FIND A LARGER LOCATION MORE SUITED FOR THE NUMBERS WE ARE EXPECTING. THE NEW LOCATION IS LARGE ENOUGH FOR AS MANY CARS AS ANYONE COULD DREAM OF. PLEASE SEE THE POST BELOW FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.

The Toronto Protegé Club (<a href=\"www.toprotege.com\" target=\'_blank\'>www.toprotege.com</a&gt would like to take this opportunity to invite you to join us at the Meeting of the Mazdas Annual Part 2 (MOM2). This event was organized by the Miataphiles last year and was a huge success. There were approximately 100 cars in attendance last year from various GTA Mazda Clubs. This year, it’s our turn and we have special surprises in store. We are expecting almost twice the numbers this year and we hope that you can join us and help this event to continue to grow each year.

We would appreciate if one or more of the Officers / Admins on your board would take the lead for keeping an updated list of your attendees in this thread. Any further questions can be directed to me at jason_lax@hotmail.com and I will answer them promptly. Please mention \"Meeting of the Mazdas\" in the subject line so the email doesn\'t get filtered as trash.

For ongoing updates please refer to this website address for the most up to date information: http://www.toprotege.com/mom2004/

Details:
    Where: Valens Conservation Area
    When: Sunday September 12th, 2004
    Time: 11am – 5:00pm

Agenda:
    11am – 12pm – Roll-in
    12pm – 2:30pm – People’s choice judging takes place
    2:30pm – 3:30pm – Tallying of the votes
    3:30pm – 4pm – Award presentations
    5:00pm – Roll-out

Awards:
    Protege (sedan)
    Protege5
    Miata (1gen)
    Miata (2gen)
    MX3
    MX6
    RX7 (1gen/2gen)
    RX7 (3gen)
    Mazda3/Mazda6
    B-Series
    Other (MPV/929/323/etc)
    Categories can be expanded based on confirmed participation
    * plus a couple of surprise awards

Prizes/Giveaways
    We are in the midst of securing a variety of dealers, vendors and retailers for a variety of fun prizes and giveaways. If your club has any contacts or sponsors that you would like TOProtege.com to follow up on, please email us. If your club would like to help out by donating your time in gathering prizes and giveaways please let us know. This post will be updated as we secure more sponsors.

Food:
    This year we have decided to have a potluck lunch. There will also be Charcoal BBQs available for your grilling needs. We ask that each club do their part to pitch in and that members each contribute some food and / or drinks for the potluck, as well as any other materials (plates, cups, utensils, BBQ equipment,...) that your club members will need.

Again, we ask that the officers / admin on your board co-ordinate a list of who is bringing what food, AS WELL AS making sure that all other materials that you guys will need that day, are covered.

The BBQ\'s will be on a \"first-come first-served\" basis. We ask that everyone share BBQ time with each other in a fair manner.

Directions:
    * Please arrange your own pre-meets and plan out your best routes. It would be a good idea to make small packs within your groups as it is a rather long drive and smaller groups can stick together more easily.
    ** Leave yourselves enough time to get there. It can be a fairly long drive and is quite easy to get lost. Judging will start promptly at 12:00am.

CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS --> http://www.toprotege.com/mom2004/map.html

We have sites GP#1 & GP#2 booked for the day

Things to remember:
    1) This is a FAMILY event, so behave accordingly
    2) Once your car is in the area, it would be preferred that you keep your car parked until after the voting ends.
    3) Everyone will be parked in their respective categories (all Protege5s together, Miatas together, etc ...)
    4) Bring a pen with you. There will be sheets provided to list your mods and stick on your dash to help people in judging
    5) No alcohol allowed in the park
    6) Please respect the grounds and clean up after yourselves. The park was more than happy to have us back this year due to everyone\'s responsible behavior last year. We are confident that everyone will help to have us invited back again next year.
    7) Feel free to bring Frisbees, footballs, or any other outdoor activities you would like to do that day

A Few pic\'s from Last Year

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ADMIN/MOD can you please cut and paste the newly updated thread above to the locked thread?

Thanks in advance.

Please see the updated original post. We are already looking at 75+ cars and we expect to double that by the time the date rolls around.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there ANYONE even moderately interested to attend MOM2004??? Seems like no one is interested...

I\'m 90% sure I\'m gonna go to this thing... but it will definitely suck if it\'s just Xenon and myself there representing TorontoMazda3.com

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hopefully will be going. It\'d be great if we could meet up locally first.. I\'m sure I\'d get lost or something getting there

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by wtom

Is there ANYONE even moderately interested to attend MOM2004??? Seems like no one is interested...

I\'m 90% sure I\'m gonna go to this thing... but it will definitely suck if it\'s just Xenon and myself there representing TorontoMazda3.com
    Sorry wtom, I am interested but have a baseball tourney to attend on that day.
    Mig

2002 SV650S

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are we going to do it as one of our meets?

We need to organize what food and stuff to bring... how many of us will be going?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YP5 Toronto: Locked thread updated.

TM3 Members: I would like a our list of people going to be FINAL by September 9, 2004. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don\'t let this turn into another DarKnights. I was the only one there and it sucked.... Althought it was nice being the only one of the 2 Mazda3\'s there, I would like some company this time arc

Newlook, wtom: you interested in going? I\'ll add you to the list if you are.

TRY TO COME OUT!!!! IT SHOULD BE AN AWESOME MEET!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, I\'m going to get a banner made that says \"Toronto Mazda3 Car Club\".

It would be nice for the MOM and DarKnights... I have hook ups so it shouldn\'t be too pricy. I\'ll use some of the money in our Decal slush fund to help pay for it.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Xenon

Newlook, wtom: you interested in going? I\'ll add you to the list if you are.
    You know what? Count me in for Meeting of the Mazdas 2004! I\'m not sure if my gf will go with me but count me 100% for sure!

Food-wise... what do you guys/gals want to grill? I personally love grilled burgers and chicken wings! Someone will need to lug a cooler full of pop, water, ice, and ... oh sorry, no alcohol.

What can I personally do for those of you on this board who will be at MOM for the full day? How about an after party at Xenon\'s place? haha j/k... but seriously, I\'ll go buy a case of beer and treat each and every one of you who will be at MOM, a bottle (or two). How does this sound to get more ppl to represent TorontoMazda3.com at MOM2004? My personal treat... and I don\'t even drink alcohol... heh heh

BTW, Xenon, I will handle the east-end pre-meet if no one else is really wanting to do it. Just as you stated, 9am at Kennedy Commons. 9:15am is cut off time and we zoom zoom over to the west side to meet up with your group, and from there... the cruise we\'ve all been waiting for!

truckin' low
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOT WOOT! Lets go... as far as I can see I am comming to MOM. This shall be my first TM3 meet as well!

~JOHN

PS Lemme know if you guys need anything brought.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! Thx John! Well it\'s pot-luck so first we gotta find out how many of us are going and from there we can figure how much food each of us gotta bring.

The alcohol hit I spoke about, that\'s outside of MOM since we cannot bring alcohol to the park.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice, I\'ll add you two to the list....

wtom is bringing beer...

I guess I\'ll bring a case of ships or something :p... and the banner

I can talk to my parents about an afterparty... I\'m serious... if you people are interested, we can invade my street with 3\'s

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Xenon

I guess I\'ll bring a case of ships or something :p... and the banner
    Chips you mean??

I\'ll try to make it there... but don\'t count me in yet.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya... chips... oops

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys! good to see some interest starting for this meet! Depending on the number of you, I don\'t think there would be any problem meeting up with any of our area meets if you don\'t want to drive down on your own. details will be on our board.... if you want, I\"ll post links to the appropriate threads so you can keep an eye on that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im considering going, I still haven\'t been to any meets yet.

What are the numbers so far? and what\'s the plan for this potluck thing. Just curious what people are planning on bringing. Sounds weird a car meet with a HUGE potluck. You just know theres going to be loads of pop and chips. :p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well numbers can never be known. We usually only have about 5-7 people confirm they are going to car meets but 20 show up.

As for pot luck, if you confirm you are going, then I\'ll add your name to the list (found in the related locked thread) and what you are bringing. If you can\'t confirm that you are coming, but show up anyways, I can only hope that you look at the confirmed list and bring something that no one else already plans to bring.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in addition to my previous post...

It would be much appreciated if people do CONFIRM whether or not they are going. It will save me, and the organizers of MOM a lot of work.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to go. I don\'t know what i will bring for the potluck. Excuse my \"newguy\" question but what goes on at such a big meet. I am proud of my car but i haven\'t done any mods so i\'m not looking to enter it into and contests.

Is this just like the club meets and simply a place to hang with fellow owners?
    Teambedlam (North York, ON)
    2004 Mazda 3 Sport GT, Velocity Red. Build Date - 01/04
    Mods: Tinted windows, iPod/PIE instalation, Sharkfin Antenna, LCD License Plate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by teambedlam

I want to go. I don\'t know what i will bring for the potluck. Excuse my \"newguy\" question but what goes on at such a big meet. I am proud of my car but i haven\'t done any mods so i\'m not looking to enter it into and contests.

Is this just like the club meets and simply a place to hang with fellow owners?
    None of our meets, including DarKnights, ever required Mods. At the moment I\'d have to say that about 80% of our members that have shown up to meets have not done any MAJOR modifications to their car. No body kits turbos or anything like that. Simple Tinits, maybe painting of calipers and/or engine covers. All simple Do it yourself stuff.

I think the most major mod I have seen at meets is HID swap for the headlights and some people have gotten new rims & rubber.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast