Thread: Pioneer AVH-X4600BT Double DIN GPS/ICE Receiver, Anyone Have It?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pioneer AVH-X4600BT Double DIN GPS/ICE Receiver, Anyone Have It?

Reports about how well the Eonon unit fits a 2010 Mazda 3 make it tempting, but apparently sound quality is worse than the GT version stock 6 speaker non-Bose setup. That's a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone have the Pioneer or another competing unit that has good sound quality and a decent video screen that connects with a back up camera?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pioneer AVH-X4600BT Double DIN GPS/ICE Receiver, Anyone Have It?

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
    Reports about how well the Eonon unit fits a 2010 Mazda 3 make it tempting, but apparently sound quality is worse than the GT version stock 6 speaker non-Bose setup. That's a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone have the Pioneer or another competing unit that has good sound quality and a decent video screen that connects with a back up camera?
    I have a Kenwood DNX570 2013 model and I am extremely happy with it. Does everything you are interested in. Has Garmin navigation.

Pat.

2010 Mazda3 GT Sport..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sube For This Useful Post:

wabbit (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the AVH-X8600BT and i love it.

i havent had time to play around with the appradio function. reason i got that one is cause i have an android phone and the appradio is supposed to work with the android on that model. its really fast to load and i have not had any issues with anything on it yet.

have a look at the new NEX models. they are awesome and really neat, and have GPS

also note that for the AVH-X4600BT, youll need an add on thats hard to find now and cost 250+ for the GPS.
    2004 mazda 3 GT Sedan Indigo Blue.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gabbygenier For This Useful Post:

wabbit (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been looking into the AVH-X4600BT as well. From my understanding with Appradio you can just use your andriod or iphone map and display it on the screen. Does anyone have experience with this?

I keep finding conflicting information. I have an android so I would love if my map on the phone would just display on the screen but I read somewhere you need a cable called a "Mirrorlink" to actually get that functionality. I'm confused lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bilinz For This Useful Post:

wabbit (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have an android. The only ones the will work are the 8500/8600 and the 7500 for the appradio

That's the reason I got the 8600.

The 8600 is not on the pioneer site anymore as they don't make it anymore. Its being replaced by the NEX models.

The appradio works OK from android from my experience. I had a few glitches at first. But after that I figured out how to work it. I hate that you have to connect Bluetooth and then plug it in(in that order or it won't work). I wish it was just a simple plug and go. I have a nexus 4. Might be cause the phone isn't "supported" by pioneer though.

I have an iPod plugged into mine at all times so I don't use my phone for music. Only for maps.

I'm also rooted and you can get an app called ARliberator. It mirrors the phone and you can do anything you want as opposed to only maps and music. So that's kool.

Take a look at the NEX models. They're pretty good. And worth the money IMO.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabbygenier For This Useful Post:

bilinz (07-05-2014),wabbit (07-08-2014)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all above. A little looking around shows that the AVIC-5000NEX is very highly rated at Amazon.com. Only 4 reviews . . . not much to go on, but all rated it 5/5. I'm curious how it looks in the car.