Thread: MazdaEdit Discussion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MazdaEdit Discussion

To go along with this thread I created : http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...Database-files

I want to start a discussion thread, for any questions, comments, questions about features, tuning, datalogs, reading datalogs, differences between license (lite,personal,pro)

any questions or comments please post!

Also I need ideas how what type of How-To guides you would be interested in. ( like basic features, adjusting maps, etc )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MazdaEdit Discussion

what kind of engine codes can you "work around" or will effect the tune the most? for example. someone goes out and buys an aftermarket header and now has the check engine light on for the 02 sensors. is that something that needs to be fixed, or can you "work around it"?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any code that exists in the ecu can be disabled. and when I say any I mean ANY.

now a lean / rich / 02 codes are easy to work around. because most of the time that is about an improper MAF calibration.

but other things like cam too far advanced, or crank codes, actual MECHANICAL problems, can't be fixed with a tune.

Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 541 Posts
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sooo you're saying I could run catless when i boost :p
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Sooo you're saying I could run catless when i boost :p
    sure you could, and since you have personal, you can go in and remove and code you want.

Also I'm going to be unlocking all my tunes so feel free to play around with it, share it etc. I'm done pretending this is "intellectual property" and limiting the community to only paying to be tuned by a very select few individuals, especially since I will be leaving the Mazda scene soon.
    Last edited by Orangevirus; 07-22-2014 at 10:11 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orangevirus For This Useful Post:

greyseason (07-22-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you think is acceptable knock retarding?
    "There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyomi View Post
    what do you think is acceptable knock retarding?
    On a Boosted engine 0 is where I like to be at, but 0.5-0.7 is ok if it is just odd occurrences.

NA engines are more "lenient" to KR and does cause as much damage (most of the time), I don't like it going over 1*. but you WILL get KR sometimes with any engine, trying to eliminate it at all times under every possible scenario just isn't possible.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys. I signed up here specifically to get into discussions about MazdaEdit. My car is a 2008 MZ3 Sport (2.3l, 5 spd)Ive got the software and have poked around in a ROM that Mat sent me. My cable should arrive tonight and I'll be pulling my ROM this weekend and start logging/tuning.

I do have 7 years of experience tuning my Evo with ECUFlash as well as very low level XML/Map definition editing. I am familiar with tuning VE and MAF tables, as I converted the Evo to Speed Density a couple years ago.

Im waiting to pull my ROM to compare with what Mat sent before blasting away with all the questions I wrote down in my Tune Log. Although, I do have a couple basic questions. And hope that some of the members here with experience may be able to answer.

1. How does the ECU treat knock? Im used to 3 "units" of knock would pull 1 deg of timing and extended knock started interpolating to the "Low Octane" Fuel Maps (which I believe serve the same function as the Hi Det maps Ive seen on the MZ3.
    2. What defines Hi Detonation? Is this Hi/Low crossover tunable?
    3. Is the VTCS tunable?

My plan is to set certain maps so that I can test when they are activated, but Im hoping someone may be able to provide some insight before I spend hours just trying to figure out when they are used.

I have a TON more specific questions written down at home. And I hope to get some good conversation going online and out in the open for the community. You guys seem like its no BS around here and there seems to be some interest, so here I am.

thanks