Thread: Motion Mazda

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Motion Mazda

I didn't see any recent reviews of these guys and since the management was shut down and reopened afterwards no one seems to go back to them. I just bought a 2008 Mazda3 GT, hatchback, manual that has 190k KMs, for $7500 all in. It's CPO, extended warranty etc. body was in fantastic condition, no rust (except rock chips under and in wheel well). Guy said it had been in an accident but they had the records for what was repaired and how much it cost. Maintenance wasn't kept up but I was willing to take it in regardless. Powertrain was seamless (after I replaced a broken spark plug, changed the oil, blah blah blah).

Disregarding the car, the salesmen were quite easy going. I hadn't felt forced at all. One guy came out, asked if I needed help, I said no and I was left alone until I actually asked for somebody. The financial department on the other hand.... When I went in to finally sign the papers after they had put the license plate, registered it all that good stuff, I see they charged me $900 for a rust module. I look it up and I deemed it unacceptable. The lady yelled there was nothing they could do about it (I saw her leave the office and come back instantly without talking to anyone). I left her office. The same salesman empathized and told me that if there's any rust at all that pops up, including perforation, just talk to him. It was quite backwater but one person caused the whole ordeal. I was okay with it only because I was planning to rust proof it every year and it would get expensive quite quickly.

3 weeks later, 2 struts are leaking. I call them back up, they said it was no problem and it wouldn't cost me anything. Less than 5 min phone call. I take it back to the dealership and they replace all 4 struts with their accompanying springs. Albeit after they manage to replace the steering knuckle because a bolt wouldn't come off.

All in all, I was pretty satisfied. Under new management it seems there's some hope for this dealership. I look forward to any business I might have with them again.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Motion Mazda

Good to know. I live 5 minutes away from them. Have only done a couple of oil changes so can't really comment. I think @boo-ninja had some good experience with them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they are pretty good there. My brother is a mech there now too. So that's helpful!
    2007 Ford Ranger Sport-Sold
    2007 F150 Super Crew Harley Davidson-Sold
    2012 Mazda 3 GT-E

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my car from them 2 years ago (2012 Sport gx) , no serious problems. They were friendly etc. This was under the new management.

Noob
    Ride
    2015 Mazda CX-5 GS
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a 2011 Mazda3 from them earlier this year, good experience. They will provide written quotes (no BS to get you to visit the dealership) so no surprises when you actually walk in to seal the deal.

I also bought a new 2015 CX-5 GS from them earlier this month, could have gone to a local Toronto dealer to save me the 100KM round trip, but I rather deal with these guys than some of the clowns I dealt with whilst phoning around for quotes.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought my 2014 Mazda 3 gs with convenience from Motion Mazda. Sales people were all fantastic and no pressure. Phone calls after my first visit was a little annoying. Only issue I had was also in the financing area. Had little to no knowledge of the added protection plan that she was trying to sell. Hard to sell something when your not sure what your selling. All in all great experience there, will return