Thread: 401 Dixie Mazda

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down 401 Dixie Mazda

The review is a bit delayed as I recently started getting more involved on the forums here but here is my contribution of my experience at 401 dixie Mazda.

Purchasing my Car:

I had purchased my brand new 2014 Mazda 3 sport GS manual back in December of 2013. I had never read about the dealership prior so I didn't know what to expect. After browsing for some time I was finally approached by a sales rep if i recall by the name of Sunny(?). I went for a test drive and upon my return was examining other small details about the car which is when the rep decided to have a cigarette WHILE speaking to me, mind you this was in the evening and it was not busy but I still think that should not be allowed...

We went inside to discuss pricing which I immediately got the impression that he did not take me seriously and was trying to rip me off because I am fairly young (mind you I work a full time corporate job and a part time job on the side). I had asked if there are any promotion programs and what the cash incentives are which he laughed at me and said nothing its a brand new car. Luckily I did my homework and brought up the recent graduate program which his reply was a smirk and "oh yes we do have that". After negotiating for about an hour and having the assistant sales manager try to help out the rep as they were clearly friends and placing me in a high pressure sales environment telling me things like if you walk away we cant give you this price anymore etc. I finally managed to get the price I was looking for along with a decent cash incentive, again he had lied to me, and had no desire to deal with them further and meddle with financing so I decided to just buy the car in cash. Once addressing a few more fees here and there and signing the final paperwork with my deposit down it finally clicked (my mistake) to ask when my car would be ready. He tells me 2-3 weeks because it needs to be shipped from Japan due to my preferences on the car. I admit my fault for not asking sooner but this was not disclosed during the entire process which could be normal as this is the first car I was buying new.

We shook hands and he told me he will keep in contact to provide me with a VIN# once he receives it so I can sort out my insurance. Fast forward and I receive no call 2 weeks later, phone the dealership and the same sales rep gave me the incorrect VIN 3 TIMES!!.. Car takes over a month to arrive, they don't call once as I always had to call them, plenty of excuses along the way. The car finally arrives, I bring my draft and the little weasel has the nerve to try and sell me floor mats for my car "because its winter, you don't want to dirty your new car".

My first Service:

Only went here because I had a credit on the rewards card from the card purchase towards my first service. Booked my appointment and came in. Saw the sales rep who had sold me my car having a smoke with the assistant manager and the financial rep, pulled up in front of them, they saw me and turned away and continued whatever they were doing. That didn't bother me but instead the older gentleman with the limp who drove my car into the garage and stalled it right in front of me when reversing out of the parking space... I asked the front desk if they know how to drive manual and says yes they should in order to work here, clearly not the case. I followed my car around to the back where the garage is located as there are no windows and was just casually standing around the lot looking through the big doors. The guy from the front desk appears back in the garage and yells at someone to close the garage doors when he saw me standing there looking.
    Took about an hour to finish the oil change and I was on my way, never again.

TLDR:
    Do not give these clowns your time or money they will not respect you. I cant seem to find a good review on this dealership and that is for a good reason. They have not changed over the years.

Thanks for reading.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Impactive For This Useful Post:

sarujo (08-01-2014),Scottobot (07-31-2014),SKYMP3 (08-01-2014),TRECLA (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 401 Dixie Mazda

Jeez. Sounds like a horrible experience! Lessons learned, right?
    IG: 2pointlow

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Impactive Thanks for letting us know your experience, albeit it a negative one for yourself. I work close to this dealer and only went there for an oil change *once* (and never again) - back when they were under construction and everyone was in portable trailers. Despite being close to this dealer I drive the 20 to 25 mins down to Budd's - I suggest going there instead if you can.

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sarujo that is exactly what I do being only an 8 min drive to dixie id rather go to Budd's
    @jay93 you know it. On a positive note I do enjoy my new car.

Ride
    2017 Mercedes Benz C43
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sales Rep smoking cigaraettes while talking to client. interesting!
    Are they drug dealers?
    1994 Mazda MX-6 Mystere - SOLD
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3 - SOLD
    2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - SOLD

BYE MAZDA