Thread: New wheels and tires

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'New wheels and tires\'

Red, I love them.

At first I had to get used to the wider, lower profile tire over the stock 15\'s as they sometimes \'track\' into road grooves which can be a little unnerving. I don\'t know if this happens with the stock 17\'s or not. Driving in the rain is great, I have yet to hit a puddle and have them pull to one side or hydroplane. Noise wise they are comparable to to the stock 15\'s I had which is pretty good considering I went from a 195 to a 225. In dry conditions they are awesome, in the 3 weeks I drove on the 15\'s I locked up a rear wheel 2 times, since I\'ve been driving on these, never. Also they have a recessed rim guard, the rim is sunk back from the sidewall to help in case you manage to curb the tire. I also find the tread design to be pretty sexy.

Ben at Wheels Direct said that they don\'t have the longest tread life but he was basing his information on info he\'d gotten from guys who race. I expect mine\'ll last longer. They don\'t make a tire in the 205/50R17 size, I had to go to a 225/45R17 which fits in a 7-8 inch rim.
    Chris- Scarborough/Pickering border

Titanium GS sedan, Auto, Air, Power Package. Now driven by by my aunt, still going strong after 9 1/2 years.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'New wheels and tires\'

Originally posted by kiwee

anyone willing to sell/trade their m3 17\'s for stock p5 16\'s? they will make a great winter wheel. sorry for the threadjack!
    I will be selling my stock rims and tires soon. Interested?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12