Thread: Mazda of Brampton

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda of Brampton

Well,

Took delivery on my Mazda 3 Sport GT today from Brampton Mazda. The specifics of the car are found in my signature. My first car and the people at Brampton Mazda did a very good job at explaining everything to me and being honest about it.

My sales rep was Brian Hong and he is one of the most honest salesmen I\'ve ever dealt with. He tells it as it is and when it came down to Extended Warranty, Rustproof/undercoating and VIN etching, he never pushed the issue or pressured me into buying the above options.

I would definately recommend Brian Hong and Brampton Mazda to anyone looking for a new car.

Contacts:

www.mazdaofbrampton.ca
    Phone (905)459.0290
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| OG 2.3L @ 450,000 km & counting

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda of Brampton

+1 Brian is the shizzle ... very honest and no pressure kinds guy ... I was going to buy out a lease and walked out with a new car ! I would recomend him to anyone !
    '08 MAZDA 3 CPW
    MODSTUBBY / MSP3 VALENCE / FIN 7 18" w/NANKANG 225/45/18 / BUG SHIELD and WIND SCREEN / DICE IPOD ADAPTER / HID / LUX PACKAGE / 7" FLIP GPS w/DVD / GARMIN GVN 53 / CARBON FIBER STICK / FUJITA F5 / WEATHERTEC MATs / FUJITA F5
    FUTURE: TINT/CAT BACK/ NEXT MOD LIP

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruce is also a good CSR in the service department. Very knowledgeble and honest with the service that should be done and what can wait.

Good guy!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to 3 different dealers not being impressed at all! I went to Brampton and made the deal in an hours time!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to add that while the sales experience was definitely good, the service experience is beginning to be lacking.

I bumped my skirt and broke off the white retaining clips and sent it in today to have them replaced. Before dropping the car off, I checked the slots where the clips go into on the skirt and I could see all of them except 1 that had popped off. All the slots were not damaged that I could see. The service department told me that my entire skirt was ruined and broken over the phone and that I had to pay 400 + tax for a new one.

I told them I wanted to inspect it for myself and that I looked at the car before I dropped it off. On my way home from work, I stopped by the dealership where my car was parked and re-checked the slots. The skirt had definitely been removed partially. ALL the slots that i could see were stiff. That is, I moved them forwards, backwards, up and down and rotated them. I could fit my finger in there. The one that I couldn't see was loose, so I assume that's broken and located in the middle of the car.

Why does the service / techs always have to lie about the severity of the problem and not even TRY to fix it if it's reasonable? 1 clip missing from the 10+ that holds the skirt on is not gonna be detrimental and definitely not requiring of a BRAND NEW skirt..... Trying to cheat me 400 bucks that's why.. Why is that necessary when I already take my car there for the overpriced maintenance and I don't even get a top up of my fluids???

I asked Carson to let me come in tomorrow and speak with the tech and inspect the car together. This is just too much BS for a fix that costs $2.50 per retaining clip and all I need is 4......

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Carson is a joke and wont do anything for you
    Terry, LOL no comment

For those who've purchased a vehicle from here, thats fine. Just wait until you have to do service, thats where the fun starts. Horrible tech experience there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's worth the drive to Oakville. :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's frustrating because of the lies.

Something like this, should be fixed for free in my eyes... 20 minutes labour. $8.00 for parts. for a customer who purchased at your dealership and exclusively comes for service and maintenance for over 2 years... very poor customer service.

i may actually consider driving all the way to oakville from now on.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a shame. I just ordered my wife's 2010 Mazda 3 from there. Salesperson was a 30 something guy by the name of Luis. I was really impressed with him. I don't enjoy being pressured by salespeople and he was very laid back, did not pressure me at all just let me experience the vehicle and answered all of my questions.

I would definetly buy a second vehicle from him at this point, though with that said I have not picked up the vehicle yet. Will update once I go get the car to say how it went I suppose.
    ~ Crombie |Black 2007 Mazda 3 GT

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crombie3 View Post
    Thats a shame. I just ordered my wife's 2010 Mazda 3 from there. Salesperson was a 30 something guy by the name of Luis. I was really impressed with him. I don't enjoy being pressured by salespeople and he was very laid back, did not pressure me at all just let me experience the vehicle and answered all of my questions.

I would definetly buy a second vehicle from him at this point, though with that said I have not picked up the vehicle yet. Will update once I go get the car to say how it went I suppose.
    this has nothing to do with the service experience..when your brand new car breaks. then youll know.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Mazda of Brampton

Dante,

I don't mean to be rude but I don't appreciate the attitude towards me when I was simply relaying my personal experience on the exact thing that the OP was discussing. I understand that the thread has, expanded a little I suppose to discuss service as well but that doesn't change the matter or the fact that I don't like your tone.

How about before you give me attitude you scroll all the way up and see that the OP was talking about the sales experience, I was just adding my own two cents which is what the forum is for. So while you continue your personal crusade against a dealer because of your vehicle which to be quite blunt you admitted that you purchased used and with no maintenance historyhttp://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...9&postcount=61 please let the rest of us continue to speak our minds freely without constantly directing us back to your drama.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An update on my whole debacle:

Carson called me early this morning to tell me that he personally went over with the tech to re-examine my skirt and told me that everything is intact and that he will get the parts to fix it. He apologized repeatedly stating that he usually examines the car himself to make sure what the techs tell him is true and this one slipped through the cracks. At least he tried to make it up by saying he will waive the labour and parts cost and fix it for free.

To paraphrase: i know hat you come to us for service all the time, and we don't want to leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth so i'll have it done with no charges.

now, the parts and labour probably would be like 50 bucks, but at least he tried to make it up. I'm decently satisfied with the outcome, but I still think that due dilligence on the tech's part was not done and am unhappy about that portion.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crombie3 View Post
    Dante,

I don't mean to be rude but I don't appreciate the attitude towards me when I was simply relaying my personal experience on the exact thing that the OP was discussing. I understand that the thread has, expanded a little I suppose to discuss service as well but that doesn't change the matter or the fact that I don't like your tone.

How about before you give me attitude you scroll all the way up and see that the OP was talking about the sales experience, I was just adding my own two cents which is what the forum is for. So while you continue your personal crusade against a dealer because of your vehicle which to be quite blunt you admitted that you purchased used and with no maintenance historyhttp://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...9&postcount=61 please let the rest of us continue to speak our minds freely without constantly directing us back to your drama.
    That has nothing to do with service experience though.
    If I purchased a Mazda Donkey, I would like to be treated with respect. We'll hear from you when your car breaks I suppose.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Carson is a joke and wont do anything for you
    Terry, LOL no comment
    - Dante

Carson called me early this morning to tell me that he personally went over yada yada yada...
    - Fini

I'm decently satisfied with the outcome
    - Fini

Yea so the guy who you said wouldn't do anything for him' called him up and resolved his issue.. sounds like you really know what you are talking about.

Without trying to offend you or be personal here, I feel I have to say that while you talk about wanting to be respected you then don't even respect fellow posters enough to not knock down their posts and keep on and on like a broken record.

IMHO You've stated your bit, you should let others do the same, you're experience clearly isn't the same as Fini's and you saying it over and over again isn't adding to or detracting from my expectations any.

I'm not going to bother anymore aside from this one last reminder that you're still ignoring the fact the thread was originally about sales experience which is why I posted.

I will post this Thursday or Friday to review how it goes when I pick up the new wheels for those who are still reading for the info and I'm sorry about my slight forum drama there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok folks enough with the personal back and forth. Let's keep this on topic.
    Crombie3 - Hope everything goes well with your pickup, and I look forward to your review.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait are u saying its supposed to cost 2.50 x4 and there asking for 400?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdas3sporte View Post
    wait are u saying its supposed to cost 2.50 x4 and there asking for 400?
    haha.. let me clear it up

i know that my skirt is not broken, just the retaining clips are. they are 2.50 each and i needed about 4 or 5 of them.

what i was told over the phone was that the entire skirt was useless. and to replace the whole assembly i need to pay ~~~400++++