Thread: Mazda of Brampton - Multiple Bad Experiences

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda of Brampton - Multiple Bad Experiences

Mazda of Brampton is by far the worst automotive service centre that I have experienced in owning multiple branded vehicles. It is not the actual Service Advisors, but the staff you do not see. I took both of my 2013 and 2014 Mazda's here for warranty service out of convenience because I work close by. I figure I can leave my car with them for hours during my 9am-5pm job for them to fix any issues I have brought up. The shuttle driver Al is amazing with my many trips to and from work to Mazda of Brampton.

Let's start with my 2013 Mazda3. Last year, (trip #1) I brought this car to Mazda of Brampton for a very annoying rattling noise on the B-Pillar of the passenger side. I told them about a power door lock screech noise any time they lock and unlock. Technicians stated that there was a loose part that needed to be ordered for the rattling, but they could not replicate the door lock noise. They ordered the part for the rattle and after a few days I returned to have the part replaced on trip #2. I picked up my car later that day and found the inside power window switch plate on the rear passenger door was scratched up as if the technician used a screw driver to pry the plate off to check or remove the door panel. I was very annoyed and I showed the Service Advisor so he ordered the power window switch plate right away. On my drive home, the rattling noise and the power lock screech noise was still present. Nothing had been fixed again. When the power window switch plate was in, I brought the car in for trip #3 and didn't even bother telling them to look for the rattle noise any further. I just wanted them to replace the scratched plate and leave. I should have complained to the Service Manager that day, but I just didn't want to deal with them.

My 2014 Mazda CX-5 fold down rear seat had an issue where it would not lock back in the upright position. I took this car to Mazda of Brampton to have a look at it on trip #1. They ordered a part and told me to return when it would come in. I did on trip #2 and left the car with them for the day. They installed the part and the seat locked into the upright position when I picked up the car. Before leaving the dealership, I tested the rear seat release and to try locking the seat back up again. It did not work after several tries. I had the Service Advisor look at the rear seat and he could not get it back into the upright locking position either. He asked me to stay a little longer for them to pull the car back into the garage to and have a technician investigate again. Keep in mind that this is after 5pm after leaving the car with them the entire day to resolve this issue. I would have assumed that after their "fix," it would have been tested multiple times, but I guess not. Waiting a good 30 minutes to an hour for their investigation, they offered me a loaner car Mazda6 and would need more time to fix the problem. I took their loaner and left for home. A call to Mazda of Brampton and the Service Advisor told me that they would need Mazda Canada to get involved because their technicians were unable to figure out the problem. I believe I kept their loaner car for 2 days. Finally, after a few days and phone conversations, the technicians were able to figure it out and get the rear seat locking into the upright position on every attempt (trip#3).

Fast forward to last week, my 2014 Mazda CX-5 had a faulty heated seat bottom pad while the back rest worked. Since the car was going in, I figure I would let them know about the same screech noise from the power door lock as my Mazda3. I also heard the screech on the Mazda6 loaner car they gave me. I believe this is an issue Mazda Canada needs to look into further with all of their vehicles. I also mentioned to the Service Advisor that the HVAC controls on the MODE dial was popping out of position when dialed to the windshield defrost mode. The technicians took the car for the day (trip #1) and I got a call from the Service Advisor that parts needed to be ordered for all three issues. He also told me to return the next day. I told him that I would be available another day after that, so he said "okay" and booked me in for two mornings after. I brought the CX-5 in on trip #2 and got a call near the end of the work day saying that the door lock screech had been fixed (to my surprise) and the HVAC control dial was fixed. However, the heated seat bottom part did not come in and I would need to bring the car back another day to have them replace that. My frustration started to build. Why would the Service Advisor have me come in when all the ordered parts were not present? Why was I not informed before the car went into the garage. Why does this dealership make me go back and forth to get something fixed? Arriving back to the dealership after my work day and checking the fixes outside of the dealership. I checked the windshield defrost dial and it worked well after the replacement part. I noticed that the HVAC control dial for the temperature was dialed to the coldest position. On that cold day, I dialed it back to the hot temperature position but this time the temperature dial would not stay in the hottest position. By this time, the Service Advisors are probably annoyed with me as I am with this dealership. I show the advisor the new issue caused and asked me to wait in the customer lounge for them to investigate further. I waited another 45 minutes after 5pm when the car was with the dealership the entire work day. Do the technicians even check their work and does anyone bother to check the technician's work before the work order is closed? Was the temperature dial set to the coldest position because the individual wasn't able to put it to heat position and didn't say anything to try to get out of fixing this new problem? Apparently, the cable behind the dial was not in a correct position but was repaired with the extra 45 minutes of waiting at the dealership. I made sure that the Service Advisor would have the heated seat part in his hand before calling me to book another appointment. I got a call a few days later and booked a time in the morning to drop off my car again. My trip #3 for this work order took the day and the heated seat bottom was replaced and all was working. However, from my walk towards the car in the dealership lot. I saw tiny scratches on the rear door of the driver's side. I didn't move the car and asked the Service Advisor to come out and look at the newly found scratches. I took a picture of the scratches and he said he would speak with morning Service Advisor who inspected my vehicle and would call me to report back. I never got a call the next day. I didn't get a call the day after, so I called them. I spoke to the morning Service Advisor and he mentioned that the evening Advisor had mentioned it to him and the Service Manager. I asked for a call back and didn't hear from him until this past Saturday. The Service Advisor said that the car was dirty when it came in and after they had washed it is when the scratches were more noticeable. I told him that with my winter car wash pass, my car is clean most of the time and I had not seen those scratches until the car was in their possession. The Service Advisor stated that they never opened that rear door behind the driver's door to cause the scratch, but the heated seat repair was on the driver's side. Does a door need to be opened for it to get scratched? I don't think so. The Service Advisor stated that they are not taking any responsibility for the scratches, so I requested a Service Manager call back. I have not heard from the Mazda of Brampton Service Manager as of yet. I don't feel that I should chase them when the dealership is supposed to be providing the customer service.

One problem after another and some are caused by the technicians themselves. Are they making work to survive? Do dealerships have any quality control before they close a work order before they call the customer in to pick up their vehicle? It's like Mazda of Brampton has no consideration for people's time. This not only hurts the dealerships functionality as a whole, but all the workers involved. How many shuttle service trips have I taken with time and fuel for other people's mistakes? Why haven't I heard from the Service Manager yet and why are they not taking responsibility for their mistakes with an apology at the least? Mazda Canada, you're up!
    2013 Mazda3 SkyActiv
    2014 Mazda CX-5

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda of Brampton - Multiple Bad Experiences

Their custom service is below par, they don't take any accountability whatsoever so don't expect any apologies from them.

Last time I went there, I had my car up for its 5 month routine service. An hour later I get my car back, I hop on to roll down my windows and behold.. my front right side passenger window stopped working. So I went back inside and call the service guy and ask him to check it out. I told him all my windows was fully functioning that morning and I remember it clearly coz I was in a hurry when I left my house and didn't give my car enough time to warm up so the heat was fogging up the inside a bit and I had to roll down those two front windows for a bit just so I can see my sides while I'm driving.

I told him as a customer I expect to get my car back on the same condition I dropped it off. He can tell I was pissed off so he took my car back in the shop and made me wait for another 40 mins. When he came back out, he told me their technicians went to have a look at it and the window regulator stopped working coz it was "too old". Then he went on how the best he can do is to offer me the part for $200 which is BS since I know that they only go for around 100 bucks. Then he needs another 100 for the labor cost and he said it would take 1 to 2 hours so he'd have to set me up for another time and I have to come back to their place again. I was pretty much raising my voice at this point and everyone can see through my body language and facial expression that I was mad pissed off. They weren't compensating me for anything and the sad part was they're blaming my car for being "too old" (its a effin 2007 model btw)

Fast forward, when I got home all I did was google the problem read a couple of potential fixes. And took care of it myself. All I had to do was run soapy water over it and have my bro push on the power window button while I give the glass a little pressure so it rolls down. AND THAT FIXED IT. We're not even "certified technicians" and it didn't take us $300 and 2 hours of labor.

Never been back there ever since.

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible experiences guys. Seems like they don't have good Mazda technicians there. I think there are different levels of technicians and they don't have the highest level ones like at some dealerships.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my car from them but solely because they were the cheapest. After sales leaves something to be desired for sure. I've been taking my car to Mountain Mazda here in the Hammer with no complaints. Also Achilles is good from my personal experience.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for reading my post. It's long but I wanted to share my experience with you all. I'm not surprised others have had their own poor experiences with Mazda of Brampton.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally never been there for my car but i hear lots of stories from there.
    マーズダビード

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experiences have always been positive from there. I recently traded in my 2010 speed3 but when I had it they were the ones that did all my service on the car. No dealership is 100% perfect everyone has there flaws.

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you are unhappy and cannot rectify the relationship with the dealer...We are only down the road. We will welcome you with our free coffee & wifi.

PM me if there is something we can help with.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks CarLadyLisa, but I only used Mazda of Brampton because they can shuttle me to my office. I'll be taking my cars to the dealerships closer to my house from now on.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my first Mazda 3 there back in 2005...since then sent 8 people back who all purchased cars from them. My last referral was my Father who was paying cash clean and clear for an off lease...what a disappointing experience. The car was posted on their website with the VIN and everything but the salesperson thought it would be okay to up the sticker price $2,000 on the bill of sale. I showed it to him and he denied it was the same car. After much going back and fourth over something that was blatantly obvious I ended up calling Mazda Canada Head Office and they resolved the issue. My dad's purchase of his first car in over 20 years was marred by this experience and he to this days says he wishes he didn't buy from them since going back for warranty service has also been a disappointing experience.

It was an easy decision for me not to purchase my second Mazda 3 at Mazda of Brampton; one which had nothing to do with the fact that I moved but solely due to the lack of customer service and the attitudes among their salespeople that have changed from friendly and customer focused to greedy and inconsiderate. It was sad to see my original salesperson be promoted to the top and catch an attitude in the process.

I now deal with Maple Mazda: Eric Agmon & Paul Joseph are great. They treated me the way customers deserve to be treated and then even surpassed my expectations which has made up for the previous bad experiences with Mazda of Brampton.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing your experience natspriceless

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience natspriceless
    More than welcome! I have over 15 years of customer service experience so my post came from an honest place and not because I was feeling hot headed. I think it's really important that the TM3 community discusses things like this because we essentially market Mazda on a whole other level with our beautiful custom cars and its not cool for us to be let down by dealerships.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to natspriceless For This Useful Post:

Scottobot (04-15-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you there. I received an email from Mazda Canada with a case #, but they stated that my message was too long and got cut off on their website form. I resent my issues via .doc to their general mail box a few weeks ago and have been waiting for a reply since. Even though an individual wrote to me, they do not provide a dedicated email box or personal work email address to reply back to. It's frustrating if this person is the only one looking at these customer service issues.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yet again Mazda of Brampton has tried to scam my Father but it seems that the issue will be resolved right away after the stern phone call I just made.

This time the issue is with the Service Department (Steve) who not only gave my Father attitude, he tried to rip him off. My Father asked for the plastic cover for his drivers side mirror and this kid charged him $345 for a full assembly and told him that was the price.

A full refund is to be issued today at 1pm with no drama or additional grief given to my Father when he gets there. The dealership is aware that if that is not the case I will personally drive down there to deal with Steve face to face and I will also escalate the issue to Mazda Canada since it's not the first time they have tried to rip us off.

New info: After speaking with Maple Mazda, I found out that the order this Steve kid placed was for the lime green colour....my Father's car is grey
    Last edited by natspriceless; 12-15-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to natspriceless For This Useful Post:

iAaronx (12-15-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You go girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by natspriceless View Post
    Well yet again Mazda of Brampton has tried to scam my Father but it seems that the issue will be resolved right away after the stern phone call I just made.

This time the issue is with the Service Department (Steve) who not only gave my Father attitude, he tried to rip him off. My Father asked for the plastic cover for his drivers side mirror and this kid charged him $345 for a full assembly and told him that was the price.

A full refund is to be issued today at 1pm with no drama or additional grief given to my Father when he gets there. The dealership is aware that if that is not the case I will personally drive down there to deal with Steve face to face and I will also escalate the issue to Mazda Canada since it's not the first time they have tried to rip us off.

New info: After speaking with Maple Mazda, I found out that the order this Steve kid placed was for the lime green colour....my Father's car is grey

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJappy View Post
    You go girl!
    LOL!

So here is the update: Money has been returned however there was an argument. Steve yelled at my Father saying that he requested the full mirror and had brought the broken one in to show (this is a lie...the mirror is still completely attached to the car) and then continued to attempt to bully him. This did not go over well and I was told that Steve was surprised when my Father (a 90lb, 5'3, 70 year old man) raised his voice and called him out in front of the reset of the service team and customers for being a liar. My Father then proceeded to tell Steve that although his bully tactics may work on other people, he made a huge mistake thinking he was going to get away with it in this situation.

As my Father was leaving, another person who works in that department with Steve told my him that everyone there has an issue with this guy because of his horrible attitude.

My deal with them was no grief or I escalate this with Mazda Canada...needless to say I will be filing a complaint when I get home tonight.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to natspriceless For This Useful Post:

Aitch (12-15-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread deserves a bump to the top because I want everyone to know how horrible Mazda of Brampton service department is. Sorry to hear of all these issues natspriceless.

I've simply decided not to bring my cars there for service no matter how convenient it is to my workplace. They are just not worth my time and frustration anymore.

Ride
    1992 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mazda of Brampton is horrible .. lol. I just go there for OEM oil filters since its less than 30 seconds from my house.

Only honest service tech from experience there that I would recommend is Ruey. He's one of the only techs who actually knows the speed3's inside out. Very honest and easy going guy. Brought in my speed a few times when I first got it early last year and he never charged me for a lot of the things I asked him to go over. Even topped up my coolant/wiper fluid for free in the first month owning my speed haha. (Around 02/15)

Haven't been there since so I'm not sure if he' still there, but if you have a stock/ slightly modded speed, I would recommend him for any of your concerns.

Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend to go to Mazda of Brampton for service, as I never did lol.
    Liquid Silver Metallic 2013 Mazdaspeed3 || BNR S4 Turbo || Fully Bolted & Freektuned