Thread: Toe Arms

Thanks
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toe Arms

Anyone here running toe arms? If so what brand?

I currently have Dominant engineering ones but the heim joints have given up the ghost.

Megan seems to be an alternative, I'm just curious how they hold up long term. Google revels that @CelestSpeed3 might have some insight perhaps.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Toe Arms

I hand Megan racing ones. They have held up fine but I also used an andjustable camber arm to have the rear end totally adjustable. You have to be careful because you can really mess with the motion ratios of the suspension. I used all three arms to pull the trailing arm toward the inside of the car to allow for wider tires. However the car does exhibit some snap oversteer if pushed to hard.

The rear suspension uses the eccentric bolt to adjust the toe on the rear. If you just add the toe arm and adjust it, the suspension can bind up and will start to prematurely wear the bushings. I would say they need to be used in conjunction with the rear of you are doing any major adjustment.
    Want to work on your car but not sure how, send me a PM. Learn the way of Nator.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im running the megan toe arms in the rear. so far so good, been on for about a year.

doesnt corksport make a set as well?
    "There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
    I currently have Dominant engineering ones but the heim joints have given up the ghost.
    If you get toe or camber arms with heim joints, I highly recommend these http://www.sealsit.com/rod-end-boots.html. I put on corksport toe arms last year. I used those boots around the helm joints and packed a bunch of grease in each one. Should prolong the life by keeping the dirt and water out of the joints.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I should mention that I have dominant engineering camber arms also. The CS ones seem to be heim joint based as well which in my expire (second set of arms) doesn't last too long. However the boots @speed77 posted do look promising. Did you get them locally?
    @CelestSpeed3 you mention you had the arms. Did you take them out because of failure?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered the boots from ebay.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys should realize that heim joints are a regular maintenance item.. so if you get arms with them 2 years down the road it's more than likely time to replace the heim joints. Better than garbage rubber. As far as polyurethane goes, it sticks and makes a lot of noise and needs constant greasing. Heim joints are superior in every ways, less noisy (people assume they are more noisy), more accurate/precise, letting the suspension do it's work. Eliminating binding issues with crappy rubber and polyurethane...

I haven't purchased any aftermarket arms for my mz3 yet, but will in the future if any of them start going out on me. I think in the front end someone should make toe arms and rod ends and LCAs with roll center adjusted (properly)...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is essentially where I'm at. It's been about 2 years.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switched back to oem arms today, had to fiddle with the camber arms to get my silly wheels it fit.

Car feels way different now but is 1000% quieter.