Thread: interior lights stay on longer?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default interior lights stay on longer?

couple months ago i got a double din deck installed in my car, kenwood ddx370 i love it ! only had one problem since and thats because i also had front speakers installed by my friend. he did an alright job except the electrical tape was cheap and it sorta unraveled itself, touched the panel and caused the deck to go into protect mode. long story short i fixed the wires and i had to detach the ground wire on my battery ( or so i was told by future shop ) so it will reset itself. i did that but i saw a tiny spark on the ground wiring on the battery. now when i get out of my car and lock it, the interior lights stay on for about 15 seconds before they shut off. before they would go off right away. thoughts on why they take so long to shut off now? thanks!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: interior lights stay on longer?

Do you have dimming lights?

Most vehicles, even when the vehicle engine is off, continues to send a small amount of current through the electrical circuits. This small amount of current is enough to turn the halogen bulbs or LEDs on to a very dim level. This however would not drain your vehicle battery since the same amount of current is traveling through the circuit whether you have halogen or LEDs.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itsdanieel View Post
    Do you have dimming lights?

Most vehicles, even when the vehicle engine is off, continues to send a small amount of current through the electrical circuits. This small amount of current is enough to turn the halogen bulbs or LEDs on to a very dim level. This however would not drain your vehicle battery since the same amount of current is traveling through the circuit whether you have halogen or LEDs.
    Well they do dim, however before they dimmed right away now takes tem seconds, but im glad to hear it wont drain the battery awesome thanks!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the time to dim/go out is programmable on the Gen 2 models. By resetting the battery, you may have set things back to default? You'd probably have to go back to the dealership to set this option.

IIRC, the first Gen 2 models had a bunch of features that could be set by the dealership on delivery. I think a lot of them pertained to the GTE but there were other customizing features like auto lights that could be set to be more sensitive or less.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I purposely had the stealership change the dome light delay during the free 12 months adjustment coverage on my 2012. So it's customizable. What remains odd in this case is that once you lock the car (with the remote) it should shut off pretty quickly. It definitely shouldn't stay on before dimming, it should dim right away. But, for a few seconds, you don't have to worry about battery drainage, just odd.