Thread: 2005 Mazda3 GT...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2005 Mazda3 GT...

Hi Everyone,

Well, I\'ve just picked up my 2005 Mazda3 GT, that is loaded with everything except for automatic in Winning Blue Mica. On my behalf, my father shopped around in the GTA for pricing on both the Mazda3 and my trade in (2002 Honda Civic Si-G), and I got a pretty decent deal with Mazda of St. Catherines. I\'m not too happy with the trade in value of my Civic, mainly due to the fact that it had 90,000 km and it was 5-speed, but at least I saved plenty of money on taxes on my 36-month lease. What\'s stupid about this whole used car market is that dealerships believe that a car which surpasses the 100,000 km mark, is hit with enourmous amount of depreciation. It\'s like the car will not perform as well as it did before reaching 100k. Which I think is bs, since all these small cars can easily do 250,000 km without problems as long as you do the regular required maintainance. Oh well... I\'ll have to attempt to drive now 25,000 km/year compared to the 30k/y I\'ve done with the Civic. Otherwise, I\'ll have to dish out another $1,200 + taxes at the end of my lease term.

Well, I\'m hoping for the weather to clear up as I\'m driving later on this afternoon to Mississauga (from Niagara Falls), since this morning it\'s been raining heavily. I\'m looking forward the years ahead with my new Mazda...

Although I\'m not based in the GTA, I have my family living in the neighbourhood, so I\'ll be checking up on the forum post from time to time. And perhaps hook up with some of you the next time you have a meet-up.

Cheers,

PiCASSO

PS. I\'ve included a pic of her during the inspection period.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'2005 Mazda3 GT...\'

welcome to the forums..

how did the dealership in st. cats treat you? did you get a good price (not including the trade) - i know it\'ll be different than if u went w/o a trade..

enjoy your 3 and come out to our meets.. oct30 is the next one!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by majic

welcome to the forums..

how did the dealership in st. cats treat you? did you get a good price (not including the trade) - i know it\'ll be different than if u went w/o a trade..

enjoy your 3 and come out to our meets.. oct30 is the next one!
    St. Catherines Mazda treated me quite well... I really have no complaints. I was glad that they kept the vehicle inside the garage, so that while I did my inspection of the vehicle I didn\'t have to worry about it all wet (as it rained that morning).

The only thing that I didn\'t like (which is hard for me to change) is the fact that service for oil changes is not available on Saturday, which means I will have to do everything locally in Windsor or find another dealership in the GTA while I\'m up visiting my family.

As for the price of the car for the lease... I think I got a good number, considering that they matched what the larger dealerships in the GTA were offering. I figured that I would support the local establishments here where my parents live. Understand that I was offered pennies for my car in Windsor (which apparantly doesn\'t have much of a market for 5-speed Civics).

As for the 30th of October, plans have already been made... but I know there will be others in the near future. Keep me posted, please.

Cheers,

PiCASSO

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PiCASSO
    What\'s stupid about this whole used car market is that dealerships believe that a car which surpasses the 100,000 km mark, is hit with enourmous amount of depreciation. It\'s like the car will not perform as well as it did before reaching 100k.
    I feel your pain man, when I traded in my truck it had 104000 km\'s on it. The thing is that it was 8 years old and was babied. I was horrified with the offers I got for it but ended up biting the bullet in the end. When I left the dealership I swore that on my next car I\'d do all the driving I wanted, there\'s no sense holding back because I probably would have gotten the same price for the truck with 150000 km\'s on it.
    Chris- Scarborough/Pickering border

Titanium GS sedan, Auto, Air, Power Package. Now driven by by my aunt, still going strong after 9 1/2 years.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2005 Mazda3 Sport GT | Velocity Red Metallic | 5MT | A/C
    Xtras: TM3 toque .:. 205/55/16R 91H Hankook Icebear W300 Winter Tires .:.
    neXt: 30% all around tints + clear bra front and rear bumper .:. Hella horn ??? .:. HIDs ??? .:. paint calipers ??? .:.

ordered? check.. deposit? check.. finaces? check.. insurance? check.. winter tires? check.. still taking the transit? check..

2004/10/22 - Ordered from Avante | 2004/10/28 - On the train (Vancouver) | 2004/11/05 - in Mazda Canada\'s hands - somehwere in T.O - FLIPSPEED RULES | 2004/11/08 - should pick it up soon (this week) | 2004/11/20 - tints + bra @ FX Auto - so i better have my car by then!!!
    Hey Maciej,

Noticed in your signature that your planning modifications to your \'05 GT... by adding a bra. I\'m assuming that this is only for the winter, and when spring rolls around, you\'ll take it off?

Also, how can I get my hands on the TM3 toque?

Cheers,

Pawel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Maciej,

Noticed in your signature that your planning modifications to your \'05 GT... by adding a bra. I\'m assuming that this is only for the winter, and when spring rolls around, you\'ll take it off?

Cheers,

Pawel
    The bra is a clear/3M bra that many of the members have had installed through our affiliation with FX Auto.
    flickr

"boom goes the dynamite"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2005 Mazda3 Sport GT | Velocity Red Metallic | 5MT | A/C
    Xtras: TM3 toque .:. 205/55/16R 91H Hankook Icebear W300 Winter Tires .:.
    neXt: 30% all around tints + clear bra front and rear bumper .:. Hella horn ??? .:. HIDs ??? .:. paint calipers ??? .:.

ordered? check.. deposit? check.. finaces? check.. insurance? check.. winter tires? check.. still taking the transit? check..

2004/10/22 - Ordered from Avante | 2004/10/28 - On the train (Vancouver) | 2004/11/05 - in Mazda Canada\'s hands - somehwere in T.O - FLIPSPEED RULES | 2004/11/08 - should pick it up soon (this week) | 2004/11/20 - tints + bra @ FX Auto - so i better have my car by then!!!
    Hey Maciej,

Cheers,

Pawel
    yah.. what bluntman said.. and as for the toque.. i got it through xenon (tm3 gear) and you can get yours by the 7th meet if you order by the 19th

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bluntman
    The bra is a clear/3M bra that many of the members have had installed through our affiliation with FX Auto.
    Is this a thin (polyurathane) film that is made specific for the car? Do you have pics of it on a Mazda 3? And how much does the part cost and the labour? Is it removable? (Perhaps there\'s an answer floating around if I search the forum).

Cheers,

PiCASSO

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i\'m not sure what it\'s made of.. but it\'s like a clear sticker

the cost for tints (premium) and the bra is 375 taxes in (includes labour) for TM3 affiliates.. not sure what the separate cost is.. the process (for both) is 4hrs..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Maciej,
    Hey! Thats my dads name! Are you guys Polish??

btw Picasso Congrats on the purchase!

2004 Mazda3 GT { BLACK MICA / 5MT / GFX pkg / BLACK, RED & GOLD BEEBS }

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten
    i would think so.. and i think snipe is too :p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Maciej,

btw Picasso Congrats on the purchase!
    Thank you, Mazda Kitten... I\'m certainly enjoying my Mazda 3, especially all the compliments I receive here in the Windsor area. That Winning Blue Mica does turn many heads around here.

As for being Polish, yes, I\'m originally from (Warszawa) Poland.

Na Razie,

Pawel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'2005 M

Na Razie,

Pawel
    ye ye.. where abouts tho? I lived in \'srodmiescie\' (downtown) on marszalkowska street and went to elemntary school #18 :p

pozdrowienia z toronto (oakville)

ps. pls tell me u won\'t put the eagle on your bumper :p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Na Razie,

Pawel
    ye ye.. where abouts tho? I lived in \'srodmiescie\' (downtown) on marszalkowska street and went to elemntary school #18 :p

Whats wrong with the Eagle?
    Im Polish too... from Stalowa Wola but lived in Italy before coming to Canada.

POLSKA

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as far as I remember, I lived in the north west area of Warszawa, which I believe was called Chomiczuwka. I was only in elementary school for a few weeks before escaping from Poland. Can\'t remember the number... but I can always find out.

As for the eagle... no plans for it, although I\'m considering placing a small \"PL\" sticker (as shown in my avatar) on either the bumper or the tailgate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POLSKA
    Mazda Kitten: I also lived in Italy (Latina) for 9-months before immigrating to Canada in 1985. Perhaps we knew each other then?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POLSKA
    Mazda Kitten: I also lived in Italy (Latina) for 9-months before immigrating to Canada in 1985. Perhaps we knew each other then?
    GET OUT! Thats when I came to Canada too!! But I live in Rome for about a year. Maybe we were on the same plane

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POLSKA
    GET OUT! Thats when I came to Canada too!! But I live in Rome for about a year. Maybe we were on the same plane
    Perhaps... we flew into Toronto July of 1985 through Rome via Alitalia.