Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cayuga - Toronto Motorsports Park - Review, Tips, etc.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cayuga - Toronto Motorsports Park - Review, Tips, etc.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post, all I was trying to say we all learn every single time we hit the track and don't be afraid to ask questions and see how u can go faster how we can all go faster. So with that being said Mr speed, any tips for us to go faster or you're going to continue to ruin and perfectly good and helpful thread?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lazor86 For This Useful Post:

Kiyomi (07-08-2015)

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazor86 View Post
    I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post, all I was trying to say we all learn every single time we hit the track and don't be afraid to ask questions and see how u can go faster how we can all go faster. So with that being said Mr speed, any tips for us to go faster or you're going to continue to ruin and perfectly good and helpful thread?
    Zoran...I posted the times so the current MS3's running have a reference as to what a competitive time for a MS3 should be...and I posted a video to show a time we should all aspire to. That was my tip...along with my earlier comments about seat time, seat time, seat time, which you and Justin have lots of.

Never did I mention MS3 vs anything...and only in post #45 of this thread did Justin get his feathers in a bunch and turning this into something else, as is evident his general attitude towards speed owners.

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guys let's not ruin a potentially good thread because of what we think others might be thinking in the way they post, especially if we evrer hope to get a solid Tm3/mazda turnout at these track days

5. The Following User Says Thank You to loki For This Useful Post:

Fobio (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And since it was brought up, I will share my 5 cents on the speed3 vs. n/a Mazda3 at the track

Understanding obviously that in the end, it really depends on the driver, since any fool can end up driving a quick car very slowly. Similarly, a skilled driver can drive a "slow" car very quickly.

That said, I don't see the issue with a n/a mazda3 owner saying they kept up with or even destroyed speed3's, when similarly speed3 owners get excited if they destroy a corvette, or porsche etc at the track.

Why not get a bit excited about it? The car in question has more power than you, which means either the driver was complete shit, or you were able to use your own skill to shine through.

Now let's keep it all friendly!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to loki For This Useful Post:

Kiyomi (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fobio View Post
    Zoran...I posted the times so the current MS3's running have a reference as to what a competitive time for a MS3 should be...and I posted a video to show a time we should all aspire to. That was my tip...along with my earlier comments about seat time, seat time, seat time, which you and Justin have lots of.

Never did I mention MS3 vs anything...and only in post #45 of this thread did Justin get his feathers in a bunch and turning this into something else, as is evident his general attitude towards speed owners.
    LOL. im gonna leave it from here.

If u knew my attitutde, u would know i dont care whether you own a speed or a mazda or a muscle car or a car that barely runs. if u wanna learn and be helpful, i will help you to the best of my ability, no questions asked,I even let others drive my car if they want to. ask any of the Mazda owners from the last track day. so stop making these bs comments about me. u know what you meant and its not only me who thinks it evidently, or the way you put it misguided us. im all for what you just said aside from the last part. that is all.
    Last edited by Kiyomi; 07-08-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    "There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is me...trying to lighten the mood...

I remember, one of the first times I was at CSCS, I told one of the Speed guys...

"Don't let me pass...let me stay behind you and I'll film you..."

To which, it was interpreted as, "You're slower than me!"...and elicited a laugh in my face like an "As if!"....

Never once did I imply who was faster...I was just happy out there running with my guys, making film for the grand-kids to see.

Back to loki's point and to continue the tone of the thread, lets ensure that future discussions remains interpreted as mutually beneficial advise. If we are beating ourselves over our own little thing, that's like boys who go to an [hetero] orgy to compare dick size...and that's not why we go to the track together. =)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fobio For This Useful Post:

Kiyomi (07-08-2015),loki (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@lazor86 what track inspired work have you done to your car including engine work/mods?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    @lazor86 what track inspired work have you done to your car including engine work/mods?
    Oh man, honestly there is so many little things to it that it would be a very long reply lol, but power wise it just has I/H/E and the same tune Kiyomi runs. Which he will be playing with soon to get a little more power out of it. It has all the basics that all guy going to the track should have: upgraded suspension, brakes, tires.

To add to my video post, these are the tips that I got from a couple of guys:

Turn one, go slower, turn later.

Turn ten, keep it tighter, go slower and keep to the right rather than hammering on the gas and end up left, because it's a long way back to the right.

Turn eleven, try to go flat out doesn't matter if I end up on the right rather than left, it all depends how your car likes taking the next turn after it.

I was also told to use more of the curbs and NOT to hit the turn one curb!

I'm gonna try these tips and see if I can lower the lap times and I will post another video when I do!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lazor86 For This Useful Post:

Kiyomi (07-08-2015),loki (03-03-2016),ryan2.3 (07-08-2015)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weather will start to warm up again in a few weeks and i definitely want to start tracking my car. When do you guys usually go?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123