Thread: 2010 Mazda 3 sport- sound system w/o BOSE- Stock wires colour

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2010 Mazda 3 sport- sound system w/o BOSE- Stock wires colour

Hi guys, I read alot about the wire diagrams for Mazda's , different years, different trims , still couldn't figure it out why my car doesn't fit in any of these posts.
    Recently I've bought some speakers , two Infinity reference 6.5"(front) and two Kenwood Performance 6.5" (rear). I also have a Eonon D5163Z , and an new Sony Amp xmn 1004 and a woofer (JVC i think). You got the idea, I am trying to upgrade the sound in my car, which was lousy . I am in the middle of the process, no sub yet and no amp installed. So far , sound is better than before, but not great , and when I am saying not great I'm thinking on my wife's 2006 Mazda 3 GX which has a better sound for some reason (cleaner sound, bass...), and that is stock everything. I already spent some cash on those things, I was expecting to be better than it is now, hope that the amp + woofer will do the trick .
    But, why the heck the wires I have won't match what I found so far on internet ? I will post few pictures here to understand what I am talking about, and I also wait for your opinions .
    First question is why I have four wires for the speakers ?? It was a simple paper cone speaker . (I used the outside wires right now for the new speakers, middle's are unused)
    Do I have to add new wires for these when I add the amp , or I can use the existing wires (but which ones since there are four )?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2010 Mazda 3 sport- sound system w/o BOSE- Stock wires colour

I think I figure it out : the two wires with stripe (close to inside of the connector) are getting the signal from the deck, the solid colours (outside of the connector ) go to the tweeter (if you have one, I don't). Since no tweeter, I have to use one pair , any.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the best setup I can get with these :

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wire colours that came from the main deck harness and go the the speakers below

[IMG][/IMG]

-after sealing the baffle of the rear speaker

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 740 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You should be fine with putting the new door speaker and done. It will all run to the Bose amp. Although you won't get near the power those speakers can take. So stupid that to do an aftermarket deck with Bose the harness is like 150.
    They say I'm an addict but I don't have a problem with alcohol or drugs. I'm an addict because I can't live without bass. Car audio is my addiction. And it will never change.