Thread: 2016 Mazda3 GT Sport automatic forced luxury package??

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2016 Mazda3 GT Sport automatic forced luxury package??

Find it odd that they force you to buy the luxury package when you select automatic transmission on the 2016 Mazda3 GT Sport. I don't want leather seats!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2016 Mazda3 GT Sport automatic forced luxury package??

Tell me about it. I want automatic climate control which also requires leather which I don't want. I currently have two 2010 Mazda3 GTs, mine without leather and my son's with leather and in a direct comparison it is much more noticeable in cold weather how cold the leather seats are before the seat warmers kick in. Even then the cloth is still warmer.

Dual-zone automatic climate control has been standard on the GT since 2010 and now they decide to make it optional ? Huh ? Great, another reason for drivers to not be looking at the road while fiddling with the manual HVAC system.
    Current fleet: 2016 Mazda MX-5 GT 6MT, 2015 Mazda3 GT 6MT, 2011 Mazda CX-7 GX 5AT, 2010 Mazda3 GT 6MT, 2010 Mazda3 GT 5AT
    Retired: 2009 Mazda3 GT, 2009 Mazda5 GT, 2001 Mazda Protege ES, 2001 Mazda MPV ES, 1999 Mazda Protege LX, 1997 Mazda Protege SE, 1988 Mazda 626 Turbo, 1988 Mazda 323 LX, 1987 Mazda 323 LX

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not to mention the bose audio..... if you want it better get a 2015. Better value IMO

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarLadyLisa View Post
    Not to mention the bose audio..... if you want it better get a 2015. Better value IMO
    Bose is nothing to write home about... but definitely better than the stock speakers! But it doesn't even come close to the simple setup I have in my '07 (Kenwood 4-ch amp, components in the front/coax in the back, but no sub).

The auto climate should be standard in lower trims, I don't see why manufacturers make such a big deal out of this. I'm sure it costs a bit more to manufacture; it's nothing new, but it's really convenient!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys.. both models have bose speakers. They are listed as bose low non gt speakers and bose high. The gt speakers. But they are or were made by bose.. im sure they still are. I find mine ok. But it is much better with the added 10" sub. But im very happy not having leather. You would need a remote starter and heated seats to get it up to temp faster.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
    Bose is nothing to write home about... but definitely better than the stock speakers! But it doesn't even come close to the simple setup I have in my '07 (Kenwood 4-ch amp, components in the front/coax in the back, but no sub).

The auto climate should be standard in lower trims, I don't see why manufacturers make such a big deal out of this. I'm sure it costs a bit more to manufacture; it's nothing new, but it's really convenient!
    +1 to both your points. I too added better Pioneer speakers all round this summer with a Clarion 4-ch amp and the bass is fantastic even without a sub. Can't compare with the Bose as I've never had it but I'm very happy with the upgrade from the stock system. Only cost about $600 total as I did the install myself.

Agree also on the standard auto climate control. I almost consider it a safety feature in addition to the convenience. I don't think it's a cost issue rather more a way to get people to buy the higher price model to get it. I suppose that's why Mazda made it optional this year to get more people to spring for the Luxury Package with it's extra profit margin. Problem with that is it becomes a show-stopper for folks like me. No auto climate control with cloth seats ? No sale.

And Mazda doesn't really want to tick me off (see below )

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was just wondering does this mean the resale value of auto 14-15 models without luxury package will go up due to the bose and auto climate control being in them?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how that smiley got into the top of my last post (was supposed to be at the end). Looks like i can't edit my posts yet.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now my signature is missing in some posts ?????