Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Krown or Corrosion Free on a brand new Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    Carwash soap and a washmitt lol
    I would suggest an old wash mitt or buy those packages of two or three cheap ones, as the mitt you use will be garbage afterward, for the initial washes anyways. (You won't be able to wash out the oil completely from the mitt is why). A good car soap like Mother's or Maguire's would be good, but Krown sells a carwash soap specifically for this purpose also and cleans really nice. : )

_3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

aris (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a dumb question, but a friend that bought a Mercedes said the dealer sold him an electronic rust protection module... Most google hits say the technology is a scam, but I'm assuming if the dealer sold it, they'd back it up with some kind of guarantee... Anyone have personal experience??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the electronic will not prevent rust. I took the bullet when I bought my 3 because I wouldn't know until I tried it. I would say it slowed down the rust but it will not prevent rust. The dealer wont do anything because its sold by a third party. If you read the fine print nothing will be done until the rust has created a hole through the body. That fine print is very common with a lot of rust proofing. The only way that electronic rust module works is if you keep your car submerged under water. Apparently it is commonly used on bridges etc.

I wont sit back and let the rust take over just do hope they will warrant the work down the road so I have been grinding down and repainting each year. Luckily its mostly wheel well and not on the actual outer side of the vehicle.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mEtH View Post
    Yeah the electronic will not prevent rust. I took the bullet when I bought my 3 because I wouldn't know until I tried it. I would say it slowed down the rust but it will not prevent rust. The dealer wont do anything because its sold by a third party. If you read the fine print nothing will be done until the rust has created a hole through the body. That fine print is very common with a lot of rust proofing. The only way that electronic rust module works is if you keep your car submerged under water. Apparently it is commonly used on bridges etc.

I wont sit back and let the rust take over just do hope they will warrant the work down the road so I have been grinding down and repainting each year. Luckily its mostly wheel well and not on the actual outer side of the vehicle.
    Thanks. How did you judge that the device slowed down the rust? I guess most people prefer Krown, but I'm not a fan of the holes drilled everywhere.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its just a personal observation with the cars I see around me and at the dealers when I go in, of course comparing my 2008 to other 2008-2009. I know there are many variables of maintenance, wax etc. but considering I never rust proofed for 7 years and only have minor rust on my driver side wheel well makes me think it had to of helped. Of course the underside has rust as well but it looks way better than I thought it would for not having a spray on rust proofing done.

Based on the cost of the electronic modules I definitely would not go that route again and just put that money to yearly treatments from new.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mEtH View Post
    Its just a personal observation with the cars I see around me and at the dealers when I go in, of course comparing my 2008 to other 2008-2009. I know there are many variables of maintenance, wax etc. but considering I never rust proofed for 7 years and only have minor rust on my driver side wheel well makes me think it had to of helped. Of course the underside has rust as well but it looks way better than I thought it would for not having a spray on rust proofing done.

Based on the cost of the electronic modules I definitely would not go that route again and just put that money to yearly treatments from new.
    Yeah, I guess the idea of a module you can just install and never have to worry about rust again is way too good to be true. Thanks again for the feedback!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew the owner of Corrosion Free and he told me that the there was two advantages to their formula:

ONE, it is A LOT safer for the employee to apply. The original formula, was very hazardous and the applicator was required to wear a oxygen mask, (and many applicators did not use them) if not, continued exposure would result in lung/breathing problems in the future. Not sure if Krown formula is the same (Krown came out of Rust Check) but if its oil based then I would assume the same precautions are required.

TWO, its a more advanced product. He was once partner with the owners of Rust Check (back in the day) and the CF formula was supposed to replace that oil-based formula but when they all went their separate ways he ended up owning the patent for the new formula and started Corrosion Free.

Its really up to you if you do/don't like dripping oil or holes drilled into the body of your car. I don't think its a big deal but if you want the biggest bang for your buck, CF is rated the best by Canadian military, as noted before. As long as you follow the warranty fine print you should be ok.

Sponsor - Automotive Basics

Ride
    Mazda 5
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys,

I am new on this forum and just want to introduce myself. I am Yohan Udwadia and I am the owner of Automotive Basics in Mississauga, ON near Square One. Probably never heard this name as it's a new location, new shop, started last year and I do Rustproofing and Detailing. I am an authorized dealer of Corrosion Free using Formula 3000 with CSC850.

Little info. about me: I have been an auto enthusiast for the longest time and I have been working in the automotive industry since the very beginning (starting 2009). I have worked as a mechanic, rustproofer, tire tech, didn't have too much experience with detailing so went to school for that and got myself certified as well (certificate pending). I try to keep things as simple as possible and I work on 1 car at time(appointment basis) 1on1. I could go on all day about the things I do and the way I do it etc., but all I would say is come by and check me out. I will be posting pictures of some of the work I have done soon.

Yohan Udwadia
    Automotive Basics,
    700 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.,
    Unit 5 (backside),
    Mississauga, ON.
    L5C2R9

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nahoY For This Useful Post:

Ret-Ret (09-08-2017),S.F.W. (02-27-2016),Three (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I didn't like about Robinson's Automotive Corrosion Free is that the guy behind the counter told me that the warranty certificate will be sent to me by mail by Corrosion Free. I did my rust proofing in October of 2015, its March of 2016 and I still didn't get anything. I wonder what is going to happen if I'll have some corrosion problems. Robinson's Automotive told me that if I reapply the formula every 18 months, I will not have any issues, but still, I would like to have some paperwork. All I was given is the receipt from RA.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krown works plain and simple. Many are afraid of the holes but they can do a whole car now with as little as one hole in each door. eShine is also a Krown center. Personally been using Krown for 15 years and became a Krown dealer only 3 years ago. Chose Krown based on my personal experience. Besides Krown T40 oil being a great product Krown is very good at training its dealers, supplying proper technical details on all cars we spray and proper equipment. There is a reason Krown is Canada's largest Rust Control product, if it didn't work they would be out of business.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jl_1978 View Post
    Thanks. How did you judge that the device slowed down the rust? I guess most people prefer Krown, but I'm not a fan of the holes drilled everywhere.
    Krown doesn't drill holes for their own entertainment. It has to be done to access areas that are prone to rust. Most cars now only get drilled 2-3 holes per side depending how many doors the car has.

Ride
    Mazda 5
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand your point, but as long as Robinson Automotive put all your information in to the corrosion free data base, you don't need to worry about anything. If you have any issues go to RA or a Corrosion Free dealer and they will help you out, or you can even call the Corrosion Free head office and they will be more than happy to help you.

Ride
    Mazda 5
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, Krown or Corrosion Free, it's just personal preference. Both products are good and both strive to be the best in the market. Also it's not like only Krown drills holes, Corrosion Free does as well, just that every dealer is different in how they do it. Spots the holes get drilled are pretty standard across all brands, I personally don't like drilling holes when I can find access to a part(doors/fenders/trunk) of the vehicle through holes from the manufacturer, thanks to my experience in the field and training from Corrosion Free, but some cars you have no option but to drill, which I do upon customer consent. At the end of it, all that matters is the applicator. If the product is on there it's working, but if it's not then it's not, which is one of the reasons why I like to keep my operations small and work on my customer cars on my own. Corrosion Free had customers and were building newer customers long before people started realizing they existed and that is only because they don't do allot of marketing as they wanted their product to speak for themselves. Every company has a different approach. Just my opinion.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nahoY For This Useful Post:

S.F.W. (03-25-2016)

Ride
    1992 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard great things about Krown, but as stated before, it is preference in the end.
    Liquid Silver Metallic 2013 Mazdaspeed3 || BNR S4 Turbo || Fully Bolted & Freektuned

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12