Thread: Mazda Issues Stop Sale on Mazda 3's and recalls a small number due to Fuel Tank Issue

Ride
    2015 Genesis AWD V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Mazda Issues Stop Sale on Mazda 3's and recalls a small number due to Fuel Tank Issue

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/maz...l-tank-recall/

Mazda Canada have just issued a Stop Sale and Stop Delivery for the 2015-2016 Mazda3 for certain vehicles built between May 21, 205 – August 23, 2015. Mazda will conduct a Safety and Emission Recall Campaign for all vehicles that have already been delivered at the same time.

The Stop Sale and recall is safety-related due to a potential defect in the fuel shut-off valve which may allow fuel to flow into the charcoal canister, causing the malfunction indicator to illuminate – and if the fuel exceeds the canister capacity, fuel leakage could occur, increasing the risk of a fire and/or engine stalling.

Approximately 5,349 vehicles in Canada are affected, 14,720 in the U.S., and 136 in Puerto Rico, and Mazda is in the process of issuing a recall notification. Owners of potentially affected vehicles will be notified by early October and will be directed to bring their vehicle to a dealership as soon as possible. Should a customer wish to have their vehicle towed at no charge to the dealership rather than drive their vehicle with the potential defect, customers may contact Mazda’s 24-hour Roadside Assistance service at 877-756-2932 and have the vehicle picked up and delivered to the dealership.

The dealer will inspect all affected vehicles to determine if the defect exists and will replace the fuel tank and charcoal canister at no charge if affected. A rental or loaner vehicle will be provided to the customer at no cost to the owner until the affected vehicle is repaired.

There have been no reports of injury.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonjon72 For This Useful Post:

greyseason (10-09-2015),SonicBoy (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda Issues Stop Sale on Mazda 3's and recalls a small number due to Fuel Tank I

Dang,hopefully my car isn't on the defect list.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda Issues Stop Sale on Mazda 3's and recalls a small number due to Fuel Tank I

Damn it.. Will go check my VIN. Read on the mazda3revolution site that the GS models are affected. 3MZBM1 is the starting VIN's for this defect

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bitch flakes....yummy greyseason's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

God damn mexicans
    Skyactiv Powa

Corksport | Nextmod | Garage16 | Work | Razo | Tein | Audio Heaven | Broadway | Eurolight | Sony | Kicker | Alpine |

"everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to greyseason For This Useful Post:

Mazduh (10-10-2015)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2016 3 GS starting with that VIN.

Checking my VIN on Mazda recall page show as "There are currently no recalls for this vehicle".

I should read about it bit more.