Thread: 2012 Skyactiv 3 squeaking

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2012 Skyactiv 3 squeaking

Anyone have issues with their 6-spd 3 skyactiv Squeaking upon letting the clutch out, and upon first start up? I really noticed this yesterday after a trip to Mississauga. Engine seems to be really sloppy now when letting off the throttle when in gear.

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2012 Skyactiv 3 squeaking

Quote Originally Posted by Mazduh View Post
    Anyone have issues with their 6-spd 3 skyactiv Squeaking upon letting the clutch out, and upon first start up? I really noticed this yesterday after a trip to Mississauga. Engine seems to be really sloppy now when letting off the throttle when in gear.
    If you hear a consistent squeak noise coming from the engine...when switching gears. You may notice it a great deal going through a drive thru. They tend to enhance sounds for some odd reason. Maybe because you actually turn your music down...Anyhow if you notice it consistently squeaks like that it could be an engine mount. Had one replaced under TSB on my leased 3. Sound may go away and come back intermittently until it gets a little worse and thus easier to diagnose.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarLadyLisa View Post
    If you hear a consistent squeak noise coming from the engine...when switching gears. You may notice it a great deal going through a drive thru. They tend to enhance sounds for some odd reason. Maybe because you actually turn your music down...Anyhow if you notice it consistently squeaks like that it could be an engine mount. Had one replaced under TSB on my leased 3. Sound may go away and come back intermittently until it gets a little worse and thus easier to diagnose.
    It's really only noticed when taking off from a stop. Once the engine torques. Hugely noticeable on the driver side of the vehicle. I'm thinking Trans mount, but was looking for some input.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really only noticed when taking off from a stop. Once the engine torques. Hugely noticeable on the driver side of the vehicle. I'm thinking Trans mount, but was looking for some input.
    I had my driver side trans top mount needed to be retorqued. could be something that's going to start happening. I have had my lower done with almost every oil change.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    I had my driver side trans top mount needed to be retorqued. could be something that's going to start happening. I have had my lower done with almost every oil change.
    Well that's reassuring lol

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's reassuring lol
    well my car has 122 000km and before I left mazda I had them replace all mounts under warranty so maybe it has 30 000km on it now. so its possible the bolts backed a bit but either way its driving nice now.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Mazda stopped using the garbage Ford mounts after going to the Gen 3 and SKY. The gen 1 and gen 2 factory mounts were/are terrible.

2010 here with 2.0L 5MT. Replaced my trans mount at the 90,000k mark - had a squeeking noise when the motor first start and turned over/jerked. Sounds went away after replacing.

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarujo View Post
    I hope Mazda stopped using the garbage Ford mounts after going to the Gen 3 and SKY. The gen 1 and gen 2 factory mounts were/are terrible.

2010 here with 2.0L 5MT. Replaced my trans mount at the 90,000k mark - had a squeeking noise when the motor first start and turned over/jerked. Sounds went away after replacing.
    That's exactly what I'm experiencing at times. Looks like I'll be looking into a tranny mount. It doesn't happen all the time, more after a long drive when it's really hot. I've got 115,000kms on it now.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly what I'm experiencing at times. Looks like I'll be looking into a tranny mount. It doesn't happen all the time, more after a long drive when it's really hot. I've got 115,000kms on it now.
    just take the battery and tray out and check the bolts. they could be a bit loose. torque then down to about 100ftlbs and giver a spin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Booter22 For This Useful Post:

Mazduh (10-13-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Jimmy check the torque and re-tighten which did not resolve it. After replacing the mount it was fine again. The old mount did not display any physical signs of damage or deterioration like those one sees from Gen 1's (design different on the gen 2's as well), so must have been been something internal with the mount.

Manual trannies also harder on mounts I guess...