Thread: Dealers that just want to close the deal at any cost!

Hybrid View

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dealers that just want to close the deal at any cost!

Recently we went to a dealer to look for a 2015 Mazda3 gx. After spending a good 3-4 hours - we struck a deal for a lease, decided to go with the color blue which the sales rep confirmed available - even showed us the car. Since they didnt have demos we test drove the blue mazda that we wanted to purchase. Since it was thanksgiving weekend - we had to come back on Tuesday to sign the papers.

So when we came yesterday to sign the papers - we were told by the GM that the sales rep had made a mistake and that the car we test drove and committed was already sold. We have options to choose black/grey but told blue is not available and blue is what we wanted.

Second false commitment was delivery. Told the car if available would have been delivered by Wednesday - but again - wrong information - told that was not possible.

A reason to walk away from the deal? - such ridiculous mistakes and time waste - we walked out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dealers that just want to close the deal at any cost!

Nothing was signed on the first day? no deposit?
    2010 Mazda 3 GT Sedan - Graphite Mica

| Enkei Raijin+Michelin PSS | Rays lug nuts | RoadMagnet+Koni Yellow | SPC Cam.Arm | CS F Strut bar+MidBrace | JBR RSB | CS SRI+AirBox | Racing Beat Exhaust | Amsoil Signature Series 0W20&ATF | CS LED Light kit | CS LED DRL | Corksport LED fogs | Smoked Head & Tail Lights | CS LED 3rd brake | LED Projector Reverse light | FormulaOne Pinnacle series tints | Mazda3 Weathertech Floorliner & Trunkliner | Scuff Plates | Window Visors | OEM Side Skirts | Bosch Icon | CS Tow Plate | CS Hood Dampers |

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One thread is enough

4. The Following User Says Thank You to loki For This Useful Post:

Mazduh (10-14-2015)

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    One thread is enough
    Agreed...

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...t=#post1306898
    Damn you photobucket.....

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qsyed View Post
    Recently we went to a dealer to look for a 2015 Mazda3 gx. After spending a good 3-4 hours - we struck a deal for a lease, decided to go with the color blue which the sales rep confirmed available - even showed us the car. Since they didnt have demos we test drove the blue mazda that we wanted to purchase. Since it was thanksgiving weekend - we had to come back on Tuesday to sign the papers.

So when we came yesterday to sign the papers - we were told by the GM that the sales rep had made a mistake and that the car we test drove and committed was already sold. We have options to choose black/grey but told blue is not available and blue is what we wanted.

Second false commitment was delivery. Told the car if available would have been delivered by Wednesday - but again - wrong information - told that was not possible.

A reason to walk away from the deal? - such ridiculous mistakes and time waste - we walked out.
    Who made the suggestion to come back and sign papers on Tuesday? If it was you, then you can't blame the dealership because there was no guarantee that you were actually going to come back. Salespeople work on commission...they have to feed their families, so they will rightfully take any guaranteed sale they can.

Rule number 1 of buying a car...carry a deposit with you. When I bough my very first car there was another girl who wanted it badly also. She took it on a long test drive hoping that I'd figured it was sold but to her surprise when she got back I was still at the dealership waiting. I overheard her telling the salesperson to hold it for a few days for her and she'll be back with the deposit but she was SOL...I had already put money down on it and signed the bill of sale.
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...