Thread: Wheels Direct

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wheels Direct

Alright, I\'ve found these guys to have good prices but their service has been so so....

1. I originally bought my 17\" ROH Fury rims and Fuzion ZRi tires through them. After the install there was a crazy vibration at highway speeds. I took it back the next day and was informed they didn\'t order the correct spacer and made do with \"what they thought would work\". After the proper spacer was ordered and installed I still had the vibration and told them to check for a balance issue. After they rebalanced the tires, I could still feel a tiny bit of vibration but thought it was pretty good.

2. I went in 2 fridays ago about getting some Kumho KW17\'s. After waiting for about 15 minutes to talk to someone I was told they had 100 of my tire in stock and not to worry about putting down a deposit. I went in today to get the tires and was told they were out of stock and on back order. It turns out that I was given information about the KW19 which they still had 100 of in stock. arc Simple mistake, but if they had taken the time and really looked for me I could have had what I wanted instead of being left standing there wishing I\'d been looking for the tires elsewhere for the last week and a half. I had originally wanted the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 which Wheels Direct didn\'t have in stock either, so I said screw it and went on the hunt.

To make a long story short, I went to Sam\'s Club in Pickering and got a set of Michelin Pilot Alpin PA 2\'s installed on my factory 15\" rims and man, they are smooth as silk. I didn\'t know what I was missing. In the spring I\'d use Sam\'s Club to get my Fuzions rebalanced (again) as the guys in the shop were very accepting of me watching them like a hawk. All in all I paid $38 more than Wheels Direct, but I got what I had originally wanted.

I\'d recommend getting a price from Wheels Direct but they haven\'t really shown me that they are the experts I thought they were.

Edit: spelling
    Chris- Scarborough/Pickering border

Titanium GS sedan, Auto, Air, Power Package. Now driven by by my aunt, still going strong after 9 1/2 years.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Wheels Direct\'

sounds like the same thing i\'ve heard about WD for a few years now.... the prices are good but the service is craptastic.

they deal in volume so the individual & customer service is secondary to them

truckin' low
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went in once. There was about 5 groups in there. 1 guy was buying (or looking too), 3 people were fighting to get stuff they ordered, and 2 ppl were wandering around with out being helped. I stayed for about 15mins, and left. Not worth it for minimal savings. I sent like $20 more and bought from pickering Tire and service is great and they know their shit,

~JOHN

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dr Butcher

I bought my 17\" ROH Fury rims and Fuzion ZRi tires through them.
    Did Bluntman get his at the same place?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

summer comin up, i have athe regular 15 inch rims with toyo tires, i need bigger rims and tires, u know any good places in mississauga area?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by firstmazda

Originally posted by Dr Butcher

I bought my 17\" ROH Fury rims and Fuzion ZRi tires through them.
    Did Bluntman get his at the same place?
    Nope, I bought mine from Extreme Wheel and Tire up in Richmond Hill.
    flickr

"boom goes the dynamite"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bluntman, what the exact location cause I live nearby and never pay attention there is a shop.
    From Mazda 3 to Honda Fit to none!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by billyfo

bluntman, what the exact location cause I live nearby and never pay attention there is a shop.
    It\'s right next to the Kia dealership, in the same building as Ziebart (north of Elgin Mills).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my summers rebalanced and installed at Sam\'s Club and they are now amazing. I still can\'t believe Wheels Direct couldn\'t balance them after 2 tries.... Ah well, like I said, get a quote from WD but don\'t bother with their installation. It appears most everyone else can do a decent installation, while they just want the sale anyway....