Thread: jonathan13's logs

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default jonathan13's logs

just got my ap all set up, and learned how to log.
    my compression results were 180, 175, 150, 175 and im still waiting to do a leak down test.

no cel's but the car doesnt seem as quick as it should. all stock 07 ms3. let me know what you think, im assuming worst case scenario and an engine rebuild soon...
    datalog3.csvdatalog2.csvdatalog1.csv
    2007 Mazdaspeed 3 CWP

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: jonathan13's logs

Didn't look at logs, and I don't think low compression will show up on logs anyway

The 150 in cylinder 3 isn't good, but there are a few speed3's out there with low compression and still driving fine.

There are a lot of factors which can affect the way the car feels...a main one being the weather, another being the tune.

An engine rebuild is not cheap, and the results seem to be hit and miss so you really don't want to have to go down that road...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: jonathan13's logs

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    Didn't look at logs, and I don't think low compression will show up on logs anyway

The 150 in cylinder 3 isn't good, but there are a few speed3's out there with low compression and still driving fine.

There are a lot of factors which can affect the way the car feels...a main one being the weather, another being the tune.

An engine rebuild is not cheap, and the results seem to be hit and miss so you really don't want to have to go down that road...
    thats what im trying to solve, spending a lot of time on msf, everyone is claiming "rebuild" so soon after my compression results. i did the compression with a compression tester, not the logs.
    the car runs fine, no cel's, i did the compression test because i was curious. i will be conducting a leak-down test to see if any more information can be found.
    obviously a rebuild is last thing i want to do but i also do not want to worry about the reliability of it, and would rather be safe then sorry.