I bought one of these last year for my 2008 Mazda 3, and thought I would share my experience with it to date:

Installation:
  • The how-to videos are easy to follow in terms of removing the factory unit and installing the new one.
  • Hooking it up is straightforward and everything plugs in (no soldering / wire connectors required).
  • Mechanically, the unit is not as secure as the OEM unit, especially at the bottom, where the unit tends to pop out slightly after a few hard bumps.

Looks:
  • The system is a perfect fit and integrates well with the dash.
  • The LED colour is selectable and the red is a good match with the factory lighting.

Function:
  • The controls are reasonably easy to navigate and the "home" page is user configurable
  • The factory steering wheel controls work perfectly and are also user configurable
  • The GPS is slow to load, but works okay once it is running.
  • Phone synch with bluetooth works out of the box and it displays my contacts without problem
  • The factory head unit works perfect with the EONON, outside temp is displayed, and you can access the trip computer functions. One problem, short of pulling the battery at 12:00, there is no way to set the factory head unit time display (time on the EONON is displayed correctly though - it is synched to GPS)

Sound and user sound controls
  • I am not all that impressed with the sound quality, but lesson learned - never buy ICE without hearing it . The system might sound better with an amp and aftermarket speakers.
  • The bass and treble controls are poorly thought out and a PITA to access when driving. You have to hit the function button 3 times to get to bass level, then one more time to get to the treble.
  • The radio reception is terrible. I pulled the unit and double-checked antenna connections, but stations will still drop out frequently, and these are stations that had perfect reception with the factory unit.

Pros: Looks great, perfect fit - adds USB functionality

Cons: Mounting points need to be more robust, radio is terrible, sound controls should be user configurable to make access easier