Thread: Driver's seat L-bracket cracked

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Driver's seat L-bracket cracked

I was driving on the highway and had to sharply brake to avoid a moron who didn't shoulder check his lane change. My drivers seat lurched forward and to the left and started rocking. After I pulled into a lot to check I found out that the stabilizer l-bracket which holds the seat steady on its track is completely cracked. Now the seat rocks back and forth. Went to the dealership and they claimed it is not fixable and the entire seat needs to be replaced. I find it hard to believe that they can't weld the stupid bracket or replace it..has anyone else experienced this issue? My apologizes if this isn't the correct thread but I'm a newb.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Driver's seat L-bracket cracked

Quote Originally Posted by Liessonli View Post
    I was driving on the highway and had to sharply brake to avoid a moron who didn't shoulder check his lane change. My drivers seat lurched forward and to the left and started rocking. After I pulled into a lot to check I found out that the stabilizer l-bracket which holds the seat steady on its track is completely cracked. Now the seat rocks back and forth. Went to the dealership and they claimed it is not fixable and the entire seat needs to be replaced. I find it hard to believe that they can't weld the stupid bracket or replace it..has anyone else experienced this issue? My apologizes if this isn't the correct thread but I'm a newb.
    You don't say what year or model you are driving, if it is newer then it should be covered by warranty, if an older model then check wreckers. They won't weld because they would be liable if the weld lets go and something catastrophic happens.
    Pat.

2010 Mazda3 GT Sport..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sube For This Useful Post:

FLIPDADY (02-11-2016)