Thread: 2016 Mazda 3 GT bumper paint chips

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2016 Mazda 3 GT bumper paint chips

I am the almost happy owner of a new Snowflake White Mazda 3 GT that I just took delivery of on March 5. It is a fantastic driver's car. The design is really clean, smooth almost minimalist and obviously aero. As you all know its got the 184 HP motor, 18" Dunlop Sport 5000 tires and the Luxury package is standard. We also got the winter tire package and Mazda branded winter rubber floor mats at no charge. My wife even like's it and that was the whole point: sneaking a sports car into the garage without her realizing it and then getting her to love driving it.
    But here is the problem -the car is not even a week old today (March 11, 2016) and two days ago I noticed paint chips on the front bumper! there are about 6 or 7 and very small. My daughter has a 2015 Mazda 3 GS Skyactiv and she doesn't have any.I went to Erin Mills Mazda where I bought it and got a bit of a runaround. Finally a service guy told me not to worry, the front bumper is plastic and won't rust. They sold me a touch up pencil that didn't work. They recommended me to a 3M clear film installer to wrap the car's film...at $1000!! Either they didn't get it or didn't care.
    Do I have a body lemon?
    Any advice?
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2016 Mazda 3 GT bumper paint chips

Mazda paint is historically not great. Your daughter will I'm sure get some.
    0.000212524463 gigawatts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Wilson For This Useful Post:

aris (03-22-2016)

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every car will get them. Front bumper is a type of plastic as mentioned and won't rust. To minimize them, don't drive too closely to cars in front of you. Pretty hard to 100% avoid them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All cars will have bumper paint chips, if driven at high speeds...this is unavoidable unfortunately. Best is to get it wrapped with 3m film bra or black leather bra. $1000 sounds a little too much, try other vendors.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2015 black GT hatch and it's been the biggest pain in the ass trying to keep it clean and free of imperfections. I finally gave in and paid for the 3M wrap. I was able to get the hood and fenders done at the dealer for $375. I did some research before hand and found that it's not a good idea to get plastic pieces wrapped due to warping and cracking down the road. Not sure if it's true but it seems to be the general consensus among clients interested in the 3M wrap and some shops who offer the installation. I called about five different places about pricing and questions/concerns. As for the early paint chips, not sure there's much you can do. They would count that as normal wear and tear even though the car is about a week old. I'm sure you could pester the dealer about it but I don't know if they would hear you out. Good luck and be thankful it's not a black car....shows ten times worse.