Thread: Scarborough Mazda

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Scarborough Mazda

This happened quite a few years ago so hopefully since this happened they have hired new employees. I bought a Mazda3 brand new with extra warranty. At 30000 the shitbox started to leak at the rear main seal. I dropped this car off 3 separate times for them to tell me that it was not leaking. ( I worked at a dealership where I was able to check every morning before dropping the car off)

The fourth and final time I brought my car to that dealership not only did they tell me it's not leaking (when it was completely saturated) but they had completely pushed in my passenger door. They refused to take responsibility for their actions. So when I got back to work I traded it in.

I would never go to any Mazda dealer again even with my current mazda3

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 700 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Scarborough Mazda

Scambro Mazda strikes again.

Being burned by their service dept. Myself after buying my car from them, I can tell you that there are much better Mazda dealerships out there. - MoT, & Achilles to name a few.

I wouldn't judge other dealerships based on Scambro Mazda's service alone. I prefer MoT when my mechanic is unavailable.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my scarboro mazda experience is pretty blah.
    I had a light bulb out at my license plate section and back then i didn't know much so.... it costed me $50 for that and they wanted me to get a engine flush as well.
    I was like what; this guy is barely 50k (back then) why in the world do i need a engine flush..
    I left never went back there ever again.
    Igarage wins for me, Hands down.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! 50 bucks seirously! the tech at canandian tire gave it to me for free when I did my oil change with them. Don't go to Scarboro Mazda..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same. Scarboro Mazda is awful. The only good thing I like about that place is Melissa the service advisor.

My experience. Bought car new there. Well, they fooled me and stated that the loan needed to be secured yada yada yada. They forced me into signing some documents. Well that document was life insurance. I am already well insured from my work. This was in the tune of almost $1000 on the 20k car. 10% of the value. This was non refundable and paid first before any principal was paid on the loan.
    Never again will I buy from Scarboro Mazda. Bunch of sleeze bags.

Second, I have always had a smell. I brought car into the dealership to diagnose the smell. Couldnt figure out what it was. Well, fill plug on transmission was finger tight and leaking transmission fluid over the engine/exhaust. Never informed of this.

Third. Ordered a 2 parts on amazon....Well, only 1/2 showed up. I guess mistakes happen but still, check your order before shipping them out. I do give them credit though, they sent the part literally in 2 minutes. knock knock knock. Holy shit that was quick!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6mtsedan View Post
    Same. Scarboro Mazda is awful. The only good thing I like about that place is Melissa the service advisor.

My experience. Bought car new there. Well, they fooled me and stated that the loan needed to be secured yada yada yada. They forced me into signing some documents. Well that document was life insurance. I am already well insured from my work. This was in the tune of almost $1000 on the 20k car. 10% of the value. This was non refundable and paid first before any principal was paid on the loan.

Second, I have always had a smell. I brought car into the dealership to diagnose the smell. Couldnt figure out what it was. Well, fill plug on transmission was finger tight and leaking transmission fluid over the engine/exhaust. Never informed of this.

Third. Ordered a 2 parts on amazon....Well, only 1/2 showed up. I guess mistakes happen but still, check your order before shipping them out. I do give them credit though, they sent the part literally in 2 minutes. knock knock knock. Holy shit that was quick!
    Big Lesson in life, NEVER sign any documents you do not completely understand or if you are unsure about anything.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sort of confused? why would a dealer order parts from Amazon? that in itself should be a red flag. When i worked at a dealer as a Parts Advisor we had many different automotive part sources that we used. none of which included sites like amazon or eBay because there is no garuntee on the product were selling....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rustislite View Post
    sort of confused? why would a dealer order parts from Amazon? that in itself should be a red flag. When i worked at a dealer as a Parts Advisor we had many different automotive part sources that we used. none of which included sites like amazon or eBay because there is no garuntee on the product were selling....
    Scarboro mazda also sells as a reseller on amazon. So when I ordered the parts, scarboro mazda showed up at my door as i am close to them. Get it now?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarboro mazda also sells as a reseller on amazon. So when I ordered the parts, scarboro mazda showed up at my door as i am close to them. Get it now?
    Oh ya I get it.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad experience ever. Bought a used certified pre-owned car Mazda3 at this dealership. Totally got rip off buy these guys with rust protection and other sh*t. Avoid at all cost people.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard so much bad experience from this dealership!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by groovin View Post
    Heard so much bad experience from this dealership!
    And most likely all true! Ever since they changed ownership its gone to hell.

I only use them for parts now, since they still offer a discount to TM3 peoples.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post

I only use them for parts now, since they still offer a discount to TM3 peoples.

_3
    Good thing they give those discounts for us here.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post

_3
    What discount do they give?

I should get around to getting myself a sticker some time soon.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know if scarboro mazda still does discounts? looking to add an android auto retrofit kit onto my 2018 hatchback

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agincourt Mazda does discounts - but only on part
    Not sure if discount applies to electronic components

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    Agincourt Mazda does discounts - but only on part
    Not sure if discount applies to electronic components
    requires the torontomazda3 plate/sticker right? are these still available for purchase

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to Airport Mazda, best out there.