Thread: Lumbar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lumbar

I don't find the lumbar support (in my 15 3 GT) is very adequate (in the driver seat). Certainly not as good as my 2008 GT. And not as good as my dads 2014 Mazda CX 5. When adjusting the lever (it starts at the very top), there doesn't seem to be much movement in the lumbar area as the lever goes down, at least to the halfway point (which is actually at the 1/4 mark as it does not go 360°). So my question is, does anyone else feel their lumbar adjustment is very...weak?

Thanks

Ride
    1992 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lumbar

Quote Originally Posted by bwar View Post
    I don't find the lumbar support (in my 15 3 GT) is very adequate (in the driver seat). Certainly not as good as my 2008 GT. And not as good as my dads 2014 Mazda CX 5. When adjusting the lever (it starts at the very top), there doesn't seem to be much movement in the lumbar area as the lever goes down, at least to the halfway point (which is actually at the 1/4 mark as it does not go 360°). So my question is, does anyone else feel their lumbar adjustment is very...weak?

Thanks
    Time for some racing seats .. haha.
    Liquid Silver Metallic 2013 Mazdaspeed3 || BNR S4 Turbo || Fully Bolted & Freektuned

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha! I know!! The pisser is that I ended up having to pay the $1500 for the luxury package just to get the lumbar adjuster. It's a lot of money for the lacklustre performance.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there more driver room in the gen 3's than the gen 1's? the gen 2's were tighter than gen 1

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that there is. It's slightly wider than Gen 1 & 2. It's not as tight, and oddly, although the seats don't feel as bolstered, they seem to offer better lateral support.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bwar For This Useful Post:

brucewayne (04-10-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2015 GT without the luxury package so no lumbar adjustment at all and I agree about the lack of lumbar. I've had back surgery and prefer a very aggressive lumbar support (probably most people would find it torture). Anyway, I have this on order and will be adding it this weekend and I'll report how it goes.

http://shop4seats.com/conversion-cen...port-pack.html
    Current fleet: 2016 Mazda MX-5 GT 6MT, 2015 Mazda3 GT 6MT, 2011 Mazda CX-7 GX 5AT, 2010 Mazda3 GT 6MT, 2010 Mazda3 GT 5AT
    Retired: 2009 Mazda3 GT, 2009 Mazda5 GT, 2001 Mazda Protege ES, 2001 Mazda MPV ES, 1999 Mazda Protege LX, 1997 Mazda Protege SE, 1988 Mazda 626 Turbo, 1988 Mazda 323 LX, 1987 Mazda 323 LX

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a gen2 and I find the lack of lumbar support pretty annoying, especially on long road trips. I drove for 2 days to Wisconsin last summer and without buying an aftermarket cushion for my wonky back it would've been toast! I ended getting one of these: http://tinyurl.com/z4rrwls
    It's probably a little too bulky for most people but my back definitely thanked me for it.
    2012 MAZDA3 GS-SKY CWP | RPF1 | JBR SRI | EIBACH PROKIT | KONI STR.T | OVTUNED

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by don77 View Post
    I have a gen2 and I find the lack of lumbar support pretty annoying, especially on long road trips.
    Funny, I found my 2010 gen2 to have very good lumbar support compared to my 2015 gen3. I had the GT so perhaps the lumbar is different from your GS ? Just shows how designing seats to please everyone is probably one of the most difficult thing to get right in a car.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got around to installing the pneumatic lumbar support. WOW ! What a difference, totally transforms the seat comfort for me. Probably the best cheapest mod I've done yet.

It was very easy to unhook the backrest seat cover then unzip on the one side, I didn't have to remove any other clips. I was then able to slide the lumbar support up under the wire frame quite easily. It took me about 1 hour total.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mazdaman007 For This Useful Post:

Brammer (12-23-2016),stinkyjim (12-22-2017)