Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42

Thread: Coilover Suggestions

  1. #26
    Newbie DreCyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Milton
    Age
    25
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions



    I forgot to take an before picture but I mean it was obviously really high with stock suspension. This is no adjustments just straight out of the box and have tons of flexibility to drop even more. +1 on BCs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #27
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    I was thinking to go to coilovers this year ...I would love feedback on the 3 below. I saw that someone is using ISC (basic ?) and hates and ISC N1 and loves them ...

    1. ISC N1 Street or Race valving (selling for $1500 CDN tax in )
    2. Track One (Is https://trackoneengineering.com/ As far as i can see these made by K Tune & K2 coilovers too) $1245.83 CDN tax in
    3. XYZ Racing (Taiwan designed and made from street to all types of racing ) They start at $1300 cdn +ship+duty+tax
    4. Silvers Neosilver (taiwan ) $1752 CDN tax in
    4. Goodspeed MonoMaxx (these are taiwan made others are china made) $1380 tax in CDN
    5. Neo MotorSport Type AA These are all aluminum (taiwan/china components i think?) $1712 CDN tax in

    I would love the KSport Kontrol 2 way but they are to much $$

  3. #28
    Moderator S.F.W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North York
    Age
    40
    Posts
    18,117
    Thanks
    949
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 730 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    KW V3
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

  4. #29
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Geez Boy....I know the KW V3 rock !! but cannot see myself paying $3K+ new for these....Any one selling some on here ?

    Im leaning towards the TRACK One ... Confirmed they are made by K-Tuned . Get those now and wait to source a used set of KW V3 and get them rebuilt.
    Last edited by G ~ MINI; 01-31-2020 at 01:09 PM.

  5. #30
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    I was thinking to go to coilovers this year ...I would love feedback on the 3 below. I saw that someone is using ISC (basic ?) and hates and ISC N1 and loves them ...

    1. ISC N1 Street or Race valving (selling for $1500 CDN tax in )
    2. Track One (Is https://trackoneengineering.com/ As far as i can see these made by K Tune & K2 coilovers too) $1245.83 CDN tax in
    3. XYZ Racing (Taiwan designed and made from street to all types of racing ) They start at $1300 cdn +ship+duty+tax
    4. Silvers Neosilver (taiwan ) $1752 CDN tax in
    4. Goodspeed MonoMaxx (these are taiwan made others are china made) $1380 tax in CDN
    5. Neo MotorSport Type AA These are all aluminum (taiwan/china components i think?) $1712 CDN tax in

    I would love the KSport Kontrol 2 way but they are to much $$
    add this one to the list :
    6. WAT Suspensions. Classic type Coilover 57mm large tube design all aluminum https://www.watsuspension.com/classic-type.html

  6. #31
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    KW V3
    I think i found what can be a real competitor to the KW V3 and that is Fortune Auto (FA) are usa built. https://www.fortune-auto.ca/fortune-...323-protg-bj5w
    The FA are rebuild able and can be rebuilt to 2 way or 3 way ... But presently no coilovers for the Mazda 3 platform... Huge But ..they are still in prototype phase and available soon!! I waiting.

  7. #32
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    add this one to the list :
    6. WAT Suspensions. Classic type Coilover 57mm large tube design all aluminum https://www.watsuspension.com/classic-type.html
    Update:

    1 st choice : Fortune Auto 500 series $2011 cdn tax in delivered
    2. WAT suspensions $2200 cdn tax in delivered (57 mm monotube)
    3. XYZ $1881 cdn tax in delivered (51.5 mm monotube)
    4. Track One $1245 tax in delivered. cant find any tube specs prob 44mm-50mm

    ~ maybe starting a GoFundMe to raise funds for a set of KW V3 (only need 3K). Actually found a supplier for $3040 cdn tax in/ delivered.
    Last edited by G ~ MINI; 02-03-2020 at 05:12 PM.

  8. #33
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Just an FYI :

    For those considering the KW V3 . Last year KW was offering rebate to purchases made between March 1- May 31. https://www.bimmerworld.com/KW_Suspe...ebate_Form.pdf
    $350 USD ($464 CDN) i presume.

  9. #34
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    Update:

    1 st choice : Fortune Auto 500 series $2011 cdn tax in delivered
    2. WAT suspensions $2200 cdn tax in delivered (57 mm monotube)
    3. XYZ $1881 cdn tax in delivered (51.5 mm monotube)
    4. Track One $1245 tax in delivered. cant find any tube specs prob 44mm-50mm

    ~ maybe starting a GoFundMe to raise funds for a set of KW V3 (only need 3K). Actually found a supplier for $3040 cdn tax in/ delivered.
    Ok ...this is starting to be like a bad nitemare or a crazy ex i can t let go for some reason ...lol Every time i start reading more reviews about coilovers i find another interesting performing and priced coilover.
    So my list starting to grow change again & again.....
    Update:

    1. KW V3 ... if they have a $350 usd rebate like last year ..i want these. (Germany, fully rebuildable)
    2. Fortune Auto 500 series ??$2011 cdn tax in delivered...will be available in proto testing stage (USA assembled & tested, rebuild able)
    3. Ceika about $2000 cdn tax delivered (UK company ..Custom made to your specs , Taiwan , rebuildable)
    4. XYZ $1881 cdn tax in delivered (51.5 mm monotube) very popular in Australia racing
    5. WAT suspensions $2200 cdn tax in delivered (57 mm monotube)

    4&5 is dealing directly with the manufacturer

    Thanks TM3 for letting me vent and be my therapist ... I feel much better now
    Last edited by G ~ MINI; 02-05-2020 at 04:29 PM.

  10. #35
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    For those interested in Fortune Auto Coilovers

    " testing 2010-2013 MazdaSpeed 3 suspension currently. If everything works out it should be in production in about a month. "

    and Should fit all Mazda 3 BL.

  11. #36
    Member shift8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alliston, ON
    Age
    39
    Ride
    Toyota Highlander Limited
    Posts
    1,253
    Thanks
    927
    Thanked 307 Times in 206 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Have you looked at the Bilsteins?

    http://garage16.ca/bilstein/bilstein...i-1975755.aspx
    2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3, CWP
    Forged internals + GTX2871r
    // Build thread // Instagram: @sleepy.ms3

  12. #37
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by shift8 View Post
    Hey i did... max ride height drop only 40mm ..was looking for a 2 1/4 , 2.5 inch in front (65mm)

  13. #38
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    UPDATE :

    Sorry Ami ...not going with the KW V3. Maybe i will consider a 2 way or 3 way after i get bored with this set.
    I found a nice deal and I went with a set of the Neo Motorsport Type AA (ultra light) https://www.neo-motorsport.com/colle...12305634852943. Assembled in Ontario. They list at $1728cdn on their website...got them on Tdot for $1426.

    Once i get the coilovers on I will sell my Corksport lowering springs and dampeners.
    Springs : https://corksport.com/corksport-mazd...pring-set.html
    Dampeners : https://corksport.com/corksport-mazd...nd-shocks.html
    Let me know if interested.
    Last edited by G ~ MINI; 02-19-2020 at 03:45 PM.

  14. #39
    Moderator S.F.W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North York
    Age
    40
    Posts
    18,117
    Thanks
    949
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 730 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    UPDATE :

    Sorry Ami ...not going with the KW V3. Maybe i will consider a 2 way or 3 way after i get bored with this set.
    I found a nice deal and I went with a set of the Neo Motorsport Type AA (ultra light) https://www.neo-motorsport.com/colle...12305634852943. Assembled in Ontario. They list at $1728cdn on their website...got them on Tdot for $1426.

    Once i get the coilovers on I will sell my Corksport lowering springs and dampeners.
    Springs : https://corksport.com/corksport-mazd...pring-set.html
    Dampeners : https://corksport.com/corksport-mazd...nd-shocks.html
    Let me know if interested.
    The KW's are great but way overkill for the vast majority of applications.
    I think you made a good choice. Looking forward to seeing them on the car.

  15. #40
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    The KW's are great but way overkill for the vast majority of applications.
    I think you made a good choice. Looking forward to seeing them on the car.
    Thanks!! Ya im looking forward to getting them next week. Although on winter tires its a good way to let them to settle in .
    I do still prefer the Fortune Auto (FA) over the KW ... The price point is less that the KW V3 but the FA entry level series 500 can rebuilt to 2 way
    but the KW V3 can also be rebuilt and great warranty too.

  16. #41
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    Thanks!! Ya im looking forward to getting them next week. Although on winter tires its a good way to let them to settle in .
    I do still prefer the Fortune Auto (FA) over the KW ... The price point is less that the KW V3 but the FA entry level series 500 can rebuilt to 2 way
    but the KW V3 can also be rebuilt and great warranty too.
    Update : Fortune Auto
    I just got a message from them that Series 500 & 510 are now available for Mazdaspeed BL & Mazda 3 BL hatch only ( no sedan)

  17. #42
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Coilover Suggestions

    Ok ...last Update from me on this subject on what i think is a good $$ for product for a daily and some track and alot of track .

    The list has changed after reading product descriptions, reading more products reviews/feedback and contacting company reps.
    I was able to get a great deal on the NEO Motorsport Type AA . My mechanic has worked with NEO and has done some Drift car builds for Neo Motorsport and other cars using Neo's.
    Plus Neo Motorsport ..they are local ...30 min drive.. Bolton with their own shop for Coilover and big brake install.

    Fortune Auto I still love (only for Speed & Mazda 3 hatch)
    Fortune Auto series 510 $2100 usd ( the tech that is in the 510) which are rebuildable to a 2 way or 3 way. (they are not cheap)
    https://fortune-auto.com/coilovers/510series/ .... Series 500 are very nice too (1400 USD)
    OHLIN ..wtf ...why dont you make a set for Mazda 3's ....

    If you are planning to spend $2000 usd + you should consider and want that track performance to rock and want it also on your daily drive
    1. D2 GT Series GT Series https://www.d2racing.com/coilovers/gt-series/
    2. BC Racing ER ER Series https://www.bcracing-na.com/articles/er-series
    3. KW V3 or V4 https://www.kwsuspensions.net/produc...overs/variant4
    4. Yellow Speed USA https://yellowspeedracingusa.com/col...-3-2012?page=1
    Sale on Yellow race 2 way pro race or club. I have a code for additional 15% (ships from USA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 1 BC coilover
    By Mitchell3 in forum Suspension & Brakes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 10:32 PM
  2. Coilover help
    By 6strings in forum Suspension & Brakes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
  3. Coilover Mazdaspeed
    By bolak in forum Suspension & Brakes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •