Thread: 2017 MY Facelift

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2017 MY Facelift

Quote Originally Posted by kenghk View Post
    I thought Mexico production of the 3 started in 2014, do they just make the sedan?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mexico production started Jan. 7 2014, until the Salamanca plant opened all 3rd gen 3's were made in Japan. Since it opened they have made all non-GT models (sedan and Sport) for the North American market however all GT (sedan and Sport) production remains in Japan.

http://www2.mazda.com/en/publicity/r...1/140107a.html
    Current fleet: 2016 Mazda MX-5 GT 6MT, 2015 Mazda3 GT 6MT, 2011 Mazda CX-7 GX 5AT, 2010 Mazda3 GT 6MT, 2010 Mazda3 GT 5AT
    Retired: 2009 Mazda3 GT, 2009 Mazda5 GT, 2001 Mazda Protege ES, 2001 Mazda MPV ES, 1999 Mazda Protege LX, 1997 Mazda Protege SE, 1988 Mazda 626 Turbo, 1988 Mazda 323 LX, 1987 Mazda 323 LX

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But not the tech package. Mazda has done this since 2014. You CAN NOT check every box AND get a manual transmission on the 3 or the 6. I have a 13 and have every option including AFS but I can't get that on a 14 or newer. All the Japanese manufactures do it now and its sad. I like my current Mazda and my dealer and all that but I'm not in line for a new car with current offerings. It weird that I won't get a new car next year since I buy a new one every 4 years unless I jump ship.....I can't be the only guy in the world that is willing to pay for EVERY option but keep it a manual?
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLadyLisa View Post
    I really don't think its a ploy. I think it has to do with the i-eloop system. There has to be a logical reason.
    Just a guess but perhaps to avoid the time and costs required to certify fuel economy ratings for the 2.5 with manual transmission and i-eloop for the North American market because actual volume sold with this configuration would be extremely low ? As I understand it the costs can be quite high to certify each different model for the EPA.

Be thankful that Mazda even offers the larger engine with a manual transmission, most manufacturers don't even bother for our market.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaman007 View Post
    Just a guess but perhaps to avoid the time and costs required to certify fuel economy ratings for the 2.5 with manual transmission and i-eloop for the North American market because actual volume sold with this configuration would be extremely low ? As I understand it the costs can be quite high to certify each different model for the EPA.

Be thankful that Mazda even offers the larger engine with a manual transmission, most manufacturers don't even bother for our market.
    But keeping afs and other none economy features away form manual drivers makes no sense, just like Honda keeping the GPS away from 4 cylinder accord buyers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But keeping afs and other none economy features away form manual drivers makes no sense, just like Honda keeping the GPS away from 4 cylinder accord buyers.

I agree with you but hard core manual drivers like us are unfortunately an extreme minority on this continent and the manufacturers have to play to the masses.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaman007 View Post
    I agree with you but hard core manual drivers like us are unfortunately an extreme minority on this continent and the manufacturers have to play to the masses.
    And that sucks, I want to check all the option boxes and still drive a manual....VW Golf, impreza and the focus are the only option now in the hot hatch segment and the upcoming civic type-r next year. I guess I still have some choices.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that sucks, I want to check all the option boxes and still drive a manual....VW Golf, impreza and the focus are the only option now in the hot hatch segment and the upcoming civic type-r next year. I guess I still have some choices.

The new Civic Hatchback Touring has all options and comes in manual as well. I think this is the first for Honda in many years.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if the accessory hitch is still available for the 2017? It's still listed on mazda.ca for the 2016 but it's not for the 2017 on either the .ca or the usa.com site.

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought Mexico production of the 3 started in 2014, do they just make the sedan?

The first batch of 2017s are Japanese. Even the GS models. The blue gs we got in has a vin number starting with J.

If you order early odds are it will be from Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupidducky View Post
    Will the GT'S still be made in Japan or have they moved over to Mexico?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first batch of 2017s are Japanese. Even the GS models. The blue gs we got in has a vin number starting with J.

If you order early odds are it will be from Japan.
    Interesting, do you know why this is ? To work out the bugs on the Japanese production line given their greater experience with model change over ? This follows what was done for the 3rd gen as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's here!!!!!

Any idea how/if this will affect 2014 prices i.e bring them down a %?

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@z00min

With each model year, normally used car drop $1000-1500. We also have to account for cash purchase discounts that increase on outgoing (2016) models. You can generally see the effects on the used car market.

It's like anything, new model comes out previous one drops in value.

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@mazdaman007

Not too sure. The reason why the first batch of the 3rd Gen's were Japanese is because the plant in Mexico wasn't open yet. I presume for this one is so they can ensure the processes run smoothly and ensure the other plant quality control is up to speed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the new face. My 2010 looks like its got a massive grin and I never liked it, but did get used to it. This one is great right from the get go. Kind of reminds me of the Alfa Romeos in Europe.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have a 14 GT Tech. It's black with the tan interior ... and it's beautiful. Then the 17 came out, and now I just want to swap it at a negative equity of $2000 lol (that's where the dealer put it).

Just test drove the GT Tech yesterday, and here's all the questions I can answer for all the lingering minds. Hopefully this is good feedback from a current owner:

- Aside from the logo, the first thing I noticed when I sat in it was that it felt like a Lexus. Upgraded leather quality on the steering wheel, door inserts and the seats.
    - The seats are much more comfortable, softer, and the center panel is super elegant.
    - Electronic parking brake is now standard, which creates room for more cupholder/storage and a sleeker look - along with a matching Mazda6 Chrome-like sport mode switch.
    - Stitching is different, and the font has been changed on all the dashboard instruments as well as the cluster itself. It's much more upscale looking and feeling
    - this brings me to the prize of the changes ... the steering wheel. it's beautiful, it feels super upscale and the leather on it is amazing. Oh, and it's heated... amazing!

- On the outside, the grille does make the car look wider and lower. I highly recommend looking at alternatives to sticking the license plate right in the center of the grille.. it really takes away from the design.
    - The LED lights look super nice, and the small fog lights are sexy (of course they're probably useless, but then again so are the halogens on the 14-16 model that are there for show)

I thought it was over... and then I started the car:

- The Active Driving display is in full colour. The blind spot monitor is no longer only on the mirrors, but also flashes on either side of the driving display
    - It reads traffic signs, and it drives you back in your lane if you drift. It lets you know if you're too close to a car, even if you're not that close - and it doesn't even annoy you while doing so
    - Much more info is displayed on the driving display, and the seating position seemed much better in relation to the display which i'm not sure if it was just me but that was a plus
    - the car is actually QUIET
    - G-Vectoring works... brakes feel better put together, and suspension is soft, but the car stil maintains aggressive feel when you want it.

As I got out... I thought it was over, and then the thud of the door slammed shut with the orgasmic sound you get when you close a volkswagen. Gone is the thin / cheap feel of the older door clunks...

and I double checked. VIN number starts with J, so they still make GT's in Japan

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMazda3 For This Useful Post:

CarLadyLisa (10-28-2016),hoodlum (10-28-2016),mazdaman007 (10-28-2016),Stupidducky (10-29-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then will you swap it out again when the completely redesigned 4th generation comes out in 2019?
    2016 GT Sedan, Soul Red with Off-White Leather

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will stick with my 2015 m3 2.5 gt. It has none of the new safety features, no fuel mileage gadgets to increase mileage to satisfy the green people. And most of all my 2015 has an actual hand operated hand brake. How can you have any fun in an empty parking lot when it is snowing and trying to do hand brake turns with an electric parking brake? Mazda is taking the fun out of winter sports. I will drive the car until the wheels fall off.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RMazda3 View Post
    So I have a 14 GT Tech. It's black with the tan interior ... and it's beautiful. Then the 17 came out, and now I just want to swap it at a negative equity of $2000 lol (that's where the dealer put it).

Just test drove the GT Tech yesterday, and here's all the questions I can answer for all the lingering minds. Hopefully this is good feedback from a current owner:

- Aside from the logo, the first thing I noticed when I sat in it was that it felt like a Lexus. Upgraded leather quality on the steering wheel, door inserts and the seats.
    - The seats are much more comfortable, softer, and the center panel is super elegant.
    - Electronic parking brake is now standard, which creates room for more cupholder/storage and a sleeker look - along with a matching Mazda6 Chrome-like sport mode switch.
    - Stitching is different, and the font has been changed on all the dashboard instruments as well as the cluster itself. It's much more upscale looking and feeling
    - this brings me to the prize of the changes ... the steering wheel. it's beautiful, it feels super upscale and the leather on it is amazing. Oh, and it's heated... amazing!

- On the outside, the grille does make the car look wider and lower. I highly recommend looking at alternatives to sticking the license plate right in the center of the grille.. it really takes away from the design.
    - The LED lights look super nice, and the small fog lights are sexy (of course they're probably useless, but then again so are the halogens on the 14-16 model that are there for show)

I thought it was over... and then I started the car:

- The Active Driving display is in full colour. The blind spot monitor is no longer only on the mirrors, but also flashes on either side of the driving display
    - It reads traffic signs, and it drives you back in your lane if you drift. It lets you know if you're too close to a car, even if you're not that close - and it doesn't even annoy you while doing so
    - Much more info is displayed on the driving display, and the seating position seemed much better in relation to the display which i'm not sure if it was just me but that was a plus
    - the car is actually QUIET
    - G-Vectoring works... brakes feel better put together, and suspension is soft, but the car stil maintains aggressive feel when you want it.

As I got out... I thought it was over, and then the thud of the door slammed shut with the orgasmic sound you get when you close a volkswagen. Gone is the thin / cheap feel of the older door clunks...

and I double checked. VIN number starts with J, so they still make GT's in Japan
    Thanks for this post, it has confirmed my impressions of the the new model after comparing used pre-facelift 3rd gens to new. I must admit that although I complained about the lack of Android auto and how that was so important to me, after sitting in the '17 GT premium I'll get over it and I have been completely won-over. I started looking as I unfortunately have to replace my beloved but departed '10 GT.

Initially I really wanted to move up to a 6 GT, but it was cost prohibitive for me. For me it was all about the interior. I was amazed at how the new 3 GT w/ Premium is now a mini Mazda 6 - it just felt like a step up over the pre-face lift. Nothing individually stands out as a ground breaking improvement over the pre-face lift, but a lot of little things that add up make for a very nice package.

Outside the new grille, headlights and rear bumper on the hatch cleaned up the styling for me a bit. As a noob to 3rd gen's the differences were more notable in person than in photos. For me the biggest improvement is the new bumper on the hatch. I must admit I'm not crazy over the rear styling on the 3rd gen hatch, I actually prefer the look of the sedan, but for a guy like me I can't deny that rear access practicality. To me the new rear bumper helps finish off the rear end a bit better than the original bumper cover.

Would I go from a pre face lift to the new one if I already had one? Not likely. But I feel Mazda's done a great job on this refresh, enough to pull me out of the used car market and into the new. I've put a deposit down on one and now it's just playing the waiting game for it to get here :-)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    And then will you swap it out again when the completely redesigned 4th generation comes out in 2019?
    Actually, I would! I have the same ride and I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I swap my car every 3 to 5 years depending what's out there. Thinking of waiting for the new cx5 this time though not sure what I want to do yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting times. I just picked up my 2017 Mazda 3 Sport GS in Machine Grey Metallic last night!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234