Ride
    2007 Mazdaspeed
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda meets Ottawa???

Would anyone in the Ottawa Area be interested in having regular Mini meets in Ottawa. I've been so tempted to go down to the one in Peterborough, as it seems they have an active scene. I'm Also trying to setup a wash/BBQ events at some point here at the Mazda dealership I work at in Ottawa. Just need to ask TM3 what is needed from there side if, we were to advertise our name and TM3 here in Ottawa. I'm not looking to get deals, sell new vehicles or any of that stuff. Looking to represent Mazda here in Ottawa.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda meets Ottawa???

would be interesting depending the turnout. kind of miss M&M meets.

what dealer do you work at?
    2004 mazda 3 GT Sedan Indigo Blue.

Ride
    2007 Mazdaspeed
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I can disclose the dealership I'm currently at. Just working with the website and my owner first. What me and another friend who works at another Mazda dealership here in Ottawa are setting up a meet this Saturday at the top of Champlain look out.( or somewhere in the gatnieau hills) ending in Wakefield. Going to be kiddy friendly. Then depending we may set up at a near park and have a BBQ. More details will be posted about what time and where the setup will be. I don't want to have any specific restrictions, on what cars can be involved just calling out all Mazda lovers that's all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to b3phillip For This Useful Post:

MickiWasHere (06-29-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no worries. There was one guy on OMC when it was still up that worked at bank st. got my speed 3 rims off him.

let me know the details. we may join.

also. depending what kind of cars go in gatineau park. id be carefull. cops love to pull over moded cars in there.

Ride
    2007 Mazdaspeed
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know. Our cars are mainly the new Mazda 3 gts. Only mods that have been done is intake and exhaust. But I understand what you mean to be careful. If you have Ontario plates they hate you over there.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 700 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ride
    2007 Mazdaspeed
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to much response really so far. About 4 people said they may show up. But it's still going down. Time and exact location will be confirmed Saturday. The plan is to end up in wakifeild and set up the propane BBQ and have some hotdogs and snacks around lunch time. Then probably drive back home to fire up the really BBQ.Me and my buddy will be cleaning most likely the 3s Saturday night around 7pm. This will be at suds car wash. (Merivale just off hunt club)We will most likely be in the inside bays if we can. As ill be doing a quick wax on my buddies 3 quickly after he washes his car... Normally I'm there for 2hrs in the inside bays. . Just cleaning the outside of my car. Then cleaning the inside as my car is drying. Then I apply the wax/paint sealant if it's needed. let it sit for a bit then do whatever I feel like cleaning. Tough to keep it spotless/clean when you have a 4 yr sold and gf drives more then I do.I got a lot of swirl marks and nicks and scratches on the car currently. But as soon as I buy another buffer, and a small house garage of my own I'll be probably be doing side jobs when I'm bored. I don't know if I typed this anywhere but... I was a detailer for 5 years. If you know anyone who had a gtr or 370z who serviced at huntclub Nissan. I probably detailed it for about 3 hrs each time. The gtrs got more love from me. As I listen to there Bose sound system and listen to there music if it was good.Even just for a oil change and tire rotation. Guess that's why the oil changes were about $180or something crazy.. Really loved it when the boss finally wanted a gtr as his demo. Loved filling that gas tank up at the shell almost every 2nd day.. washed his car every day. Regardless if it was a gtr ,370z. Winter times was a pathfinder. Liked having to drive his car to the airport...I hated doing that... just joking loved that part of my job. If you were wondering why I had to drive his car to the airport...So he had his car ready for when he landed from his "business trips" ( best thing he every said to me when he handed the keys over to the gtr " there is a $4000 deductible".When I worked at Tony grahrams had the privilege of working on mainly Lexus/toyotacleans and scratch removals. Same thing applied to Lexus owners. They got pretty much a $300 clean ever go. Then I moved to there body shop because they closed down there Toyota touch for about 8 months. I would say I'm semi pro still with the buffer and wet sanding polishing.. I think I learned from one of the best detailers in the business. Have only burnt thru paint once lol when I was learning. Was the bosses wife's demo from Nissan( hate the burgandy370z for this) I worked at Toyota/Lexus first. Then Nissan then to selling. Well that was a long rant. It's 3am and thanks to me thinking about detailing. Guess where I'm heading now? Correct suds.

Ride
    2007 Mazdaspeed
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the meet-up location shall me at the top of Champlain's Lookout. We shall be arriving at 11:30. Hanging out for about 30min then kicking it till we decide to drive. We then will be making our way to wakfield. Should be there around 12:30- 1pm. Im bringing my portable BBQ doing hot dogs on them as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear someone in O-town wants to put together some kind of meet for Mazdas and such, there still are meets going on here though, best way to see where they are going down is FB
    [URL=http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Slick09GT3/media/slickology1_zps0cbaee33.jpg.html]
    Varrstoen ES2, PIAA, K&N, H&R, Corksport, Kodostyle

Ride
    2007 Mazdaspeed
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by $lickology View Post
    Good to hear someone in O-town wants to put together some kind of meet for Mazdas and such, there still are meets going on here though, best way to see where they are going down is FB
    Where might I find that facebook page?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any ottawa mazda meets? I have 06 stock speed6.also lookimg for a good mechanic in ottawa.