Thread: 2017 Porsche Panamera

Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 803 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2017 Porsche Panamera

The latest model is certainly easier on the eyes ( more info here ).
    4S & Turbo models will be in Canada early 2017.
    Big question is will the five-door estate version of this car, inspired by the gorgeous 2012 SportTurismo concept, be available in Canada with the bi-turbo V8 diesel engine ( 627lb ft torque from 1000-3250rpm; 0-62mph in 4.3 seconds and up to 42mpg)?????

"Without music, life would be a mistake."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
    "Creativity is intelligence having fun." ~ Albert Einstein

Ride
    '98 BMW 750iL
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2017 Porsche Panamera

Looks a lot better.

The bottom photograph is the 2012 Sport Turismo concept, which rumours say may be produced; but it's not the 2017 Panamera.

Ride
    1992 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Panamera Turbo is gonna be lethal, 550hp/560tq with the newest version of PDK.. in a sedan. #YesPls
    Liquid Silver Metallic 2013 Mazdaspeed3 || BNR S4 Turbo || Fully Bolted & Freektuned

Ride
    Honda CBR600F4i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the people that buy these. "I want a Porsche but I also want it to be practical."

Can't wait for the Bugatti minivan.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mazda View Post
    I don't get the people that buy these. "I want a Porsche but I also want it to be practical."

Can't wait for the Bugatti minivan.
    Probably because you can't afford one lol

The Panamera, Macan, and Cayenne are all vehicles you could use every day normally like any other car/suv. Sure you can daily drive a 911 too but it's pretty well only good for you and yourself...in this world, people tend to have others in their lives that they need to transport around. Given enough money, why not buy a well engineered, good looking, high performance vehicle from a top end manufacturer? Or I guess they might as well buy a Camry right?

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SomeGuy For This Useful Post:

Jsquared (03-03-2017),nigvlb_ (07-08-2016)

Ride
    1992 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post

The Panamera, Macan, and Cayenne are all vehicles you could use every day normally like any other car/suv. Sure you can daily drive a 911 too but it's pretty well only good for you and yourself...in this world, people tend to have others in their lives that they need to transport around. Given enough money, why not buy a well engineered, good looking, high performance vehicle from a top end manufacturer? Or I guess they might as well buy a Camry right?
    Soooo true. I always find it soo funny when people bash cars that they probably couldnt afford even if they refinanced their house.

Ride
    Honda CBR600F4i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your pathetic, condescending attempt aside, there are far better options available from brands that have more experience in this market. I'd place my trust in them rather than a sports car brand that's desperately trying to fill a niche.

Oh and show me your income for the month and I'll show you mine. Last I checked, you're still driving a 6-yr old Mazda.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your pathetic, condescending attempt aside, there are far better options available from brands that have more experience in this market. I'd place my trust in them rather than a sports car brand that's desperately trying to fill a niche.

Oh and show me your income for the month and I'll show you mine. Last I checked, you're still driving a 6-yr old Mazda.
    Im pretty sure that we arent children anymore that we would start comparing what we have more of.

Ride
    Honda CBR600F4i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all good, he just wanted me to know why so many people here don't like him.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear this forum was made because we are all car enthusiast and we are here to appreciate all vehicles out there regardless if its a mazda3 or not.

I dont understand why a person's standing in what they could afford has something to do with an opinion of the vehicle.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What better options are there? The S-Class and most Rolls/Bentley are not in the same class. The similar ones are like the Rapide or Quattroporte and I'd take the Panamera over either of them. These vehicles fit a market that neither you or I are in right now but I can totally understand why people buy them and I might even consider the Macan when I decide it's time to replace my MS3.

And you're still driving a 5 year old base model MZ3....just sayin'

Ride
    Honda CBR600F4i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cjcoolen View Post
    I dont understand why a person's standing in what they could afford has something to do with an opinion of the vehicle.
    Wonder why he brought that up in the first place. Screams insecure to me.

What better options are there? The S-Class and most Rolls/Bentley are not in the same class. The similar ones are like the Rapide or Quattroporte and I'd take the Panamera over either of them. These vehicles fit a market that neither you or I are in right now but I can totally understand why people buy them and I might even consider the Macan when I decide it's time to replace my MS3.
    The Macan, Panamera, and Cayenne have a premium price point because of the brand, they certainly don't offer anything beyond what their competitors have for almost half the cost. I don't give a damn what people waste their money on, I voiced my opinion backed with a rational analysis and now it's time move on.

And you're still driving a 5 year old base model MZ3....just sayin'
    I've never pretended it was anything else—although technically it's far from base model—it's something that gets me from point A to B and doesn't need a tow truck to get past a 0.5" high elevation on the road. And I'll still drive circles around you any day

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder why he brought that up in the first place. Screams insecure to me.

The Macan, Panamera, and Cayenne have a premium price point because of the brand, they certainly don't offer anything beyond what their competitors have for almost half the cost. I don't give a damn what people waste their money on, I voiced my opinion backed with a rational analysis and now it's time move on.

I've never pretended it was anything else—although technically it's far from base model—it's something that gets me from point A to B and doesn't need a tow truck to get past a 0.5" high elevation on the road. And I'll still drive circles around you any day
    Macan/Panamera/Cayenne out perform those vehicles at half the cost, there is some badge going on but they are impressive vehicles that are worth the money. Take the Audi SQ5 versus even a Macan S (which is roughly the same price as the SQ5 instead of talking the Turbo) for instance or the Aston (which is actually more expensive) versus the Panamera...they do offer more.

You must also have me confused with someone...my car isn't lowered at all, it's on stock springs/shocks so I don't even know wtf that comment is about.

You're really being a douche for no reason....the reason you don't understand why people buy them is because you aren't one of those people in a position that actually does. If you made $10,000,000/year would you really care about dropping $50k on a car vs $100k on a car? As a percentage of income it's a drop in the bucket (1% of their income) compared to an average person making $50,000/year where it's 100-200% of their income. When you make enough, why not buy something that brings a bit more enjoyment whether it's via badge envy or in the case of Porsche, a better performing vehicle than anything else in the class.

Ride
    '91 318i, '11 550i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks really good, but for the price, i'd probably save a good chunk and stick with an M5 or CTS-V. I wish Cadillac still made a wagon version of the V-wagon. need that extra space.

The people that need/want these usually have kids and large animals or just regularly have more than one passenger to transport everywhere. We may not necessarily have the room to house a nice sporty toy car and a regular practical family car, so why not get an all in one. Exactly why when my 3 finally kicks it, i'm looking into an e39 M5 or a used V-wagon. Still gotta make the daycare run, but i can still have fun when i'm on my own.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My family got the Macan S...Porsche did very well. Loved the interior!! It's very quick even for a compact SUV. Would love to try the Panamera one day.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to drazen For This Useful Post:

ryan2.3 (07-11-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tis official, the wagon will be produced. Now will it make to this side of the pond?

More info here

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by SirWanker; 03-02-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone! Been a while since Ive been a Mazda owner but thought I would chime in:

- I used to have a Mazda 3 hatch (my first car
    - I moved to a MS3 first generation (CWP)
    - I then moved to a G35 / Subaru Legacy wagon combo
    - I then moved to a WRX Sti hatch
    - I then had no car for a while as it wasnt needed
    - I now drive a 17 Macan GTS

My opinions:

- The Mazda 3 GT hatch was my first love, amazing ride; got the electric blue and was a great, practical car. I enjoyed the performance and looks more than civic/corolla etc.
    - The MS3 was spectacular for what it was, cheap HP and practicality of a hatch! Handling though wasnt the greatest in my opinion (FWD, Stock and springs); although I'm sure if I did some more mods it would have been.
    - The G35 although looks incredible, was what I always wanted; amazing with some handling mods, and coilovers but slow (a hippo) and I was getting sick of a summer/winter setup; I wanted something I could drive all year round
    - The WRX Sti met all my needs from above, with a few suspension mods it handled like a dream (springs, swaybars, endlinks) and it could handle any road I put it on. It felt faster than the MS3, atleast from what I could remember once the turbo kicked in, but of course you are paying about 10k more. The seats were awesome, but overall interior is something I was merely content with.
    - I then went to the 17 Macan GTS. First thing you notice is overall build quality, everything feels so tight; its what I would expect to experience in a luxury automobile under 100k. Looks are incredible. Options though are silly expensive.

In terms of performance:
    The BASE Macan though, HP was underwhelming, but man that PDK is absolutely a dream.
    The Macan S gave me a little more of what I was used to
    The GTS was exactly what I wanted in terms of handling with its adjustable stiffness, height settings, PDK and HP, seats in the back for my baby seat, looks, options, and AWD.

Is it the fastest car you can get at the price point...probably not; but speed is not always the deciding factor for me personally. Its an overall experience. I must say every time I sit in the car and hear that sport exhaust it puts a smile to my face. The GTS seats and cockpit make you feel as if you are in a 911 (although its not of course). Best seats ive sat in when compared to the rest, they hug you giving you an ultimate sports car feel.

I leased the car, in anticipation of the Mission E or getting the Panamera Sport Turismo above in 2019/2020...OR go back to the winter/summer setup and get a 911 GTS. Either way, I would say all the cars above are amazing and were exactly what I wanted at that point in my life (atleast thats what keeps me sane for spending $). I find it interesting to always reflect on the cars one has owned and how they got to what they are driving today...hopefully its evolutionary.

Any questions or if anyone is so inclined to want any pics, happy to do so.

Monty
    2007 Mazdaspeed 3

21. The Following User Says Thank You to monty0501 For This Useful Post:

SirWanker (01-29-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget the Lambo 4 door.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yea looks pretty interesting. I think around the 2020 mark there are going to be some really neat options to come.