Thread: Tune Options for '14 gt

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Tune Options for '14 gt

Hey guys,

Looking into tuning my 2014 iGT, no real idea where to start. Remote tuning may be an option (OV) but just wanted to see if anyone else other options/recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 MZ3 iGT Titanium Flash Mica - WTB Gen2 MS3 rims

Mods:
    Aero Kit Pinstripped Red, Magnaflow Exhaust w/ dual black tips, K&N Cold Air Intake, K&N Cabin Filter, Eibach Prokit, Corksport Licence Plate Relocator, White Fogs, Blue cabin lights, "EVIL M" Front & Rear symbols, Plasti-Dipped "3" on rear, Red Brake Calipers.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tune Options for '14 gt

don't really think there is any options. only cars that were able to be tuned was the speeds with the accessport. otherwise less the OV there was nothing else that worked on the non turbo 3s.

but I would be hesitant to do a tune. you have the sky motor. high compression, and im sure it wouldn't take much more one way or the other if the tune is off to do damage, and for what. maybe 5hp at the wheels. its not going to make big gains. or I would be surprised if it did. with the mods you have if you haven't yet if they are available look into more solid mounts. that will make a big difference. but be warned the ones that are tighter then a nuns **** cause a lot of vibes and make a daily driver unpleasant. if you do them all and drive it every day look for the low to middle is stiffness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Jr Member
    Ride
    2012 Volvo C30 T5
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't get significant gains from an NA engine without spending enough to just buy a different car. Accept the car's engine for what it is and focus on others methods of being faster:
    - Proper summer tires
    - Advanced driver training (Ian Law, SGR, DriveTeq etc).
    - Proper tires, not all seasons
    - Suspension tweaks (although stock Mazdas are surprisingly capable as is)
    - Actual good summer tires, not all seasons
    - Performance brake pads, rotors if you hoon or track
    - Proper only part of the car that contacts the road and hence is the most important part for speed.
    - Continuous driver training and seat time
    Never stop zoom-zooming

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback! I'm hesitant on the tune but it may not be the best thing to do... For now (haha). There definitely are other places where I can upgrade and invest in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a tune with OV and it is awesome. Don't listen to ppl who have no idea what they are talking about. I gained roughly 8 HP and 6 lb/ft of torque with a re-tune. Also the power delivery is earlier and smoother. The tune will change your driving experience and I recommend it. Plus when/if you start doing bolt ons, your tune will unleash much more. Talk with Mat at ovtune.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add that was to a stock engine. I just noticed you have mods so you will gain much more.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 for an OV tune. I had my _3 done last October and I absolutely love it. Like rogerreborn said it's a new driving experience. Aside from the HP & torque gains another immediate noticable improvement was the accelerator hesitation is now nearly completely gone. It's kinda of expensive now with our crap U$ exchange rate but imho it's still one of the best-for-your-buck performance upgrades.
    2012 MAZDA3 GS-SKY CWP | RPF1 | JBR SRI | EIBACH PROKIT | KONI STR.T | OVTUNED

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised people still don't realize how tune friendly these cars are. Start with an OV Tune and you will pick up close to 20 whp and tq on the 2014+ 2.0s based on many dyno tests done by them, and independent sources. That is your best dollar-for-dollar mod for power gains. You can start here:

https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...-2016-tune-kit

If you want more power, consider swapping to a higher flowing Miata ND (2016+) exhaust cam and a future aftermarket header. The cam is the main difference between the Miata and Mazda3 skyactiv 2.0 13:1 compression engine. They were able to get over 180 whp (at the wheels) with the Miata engine running a long-tube 4-2-1 header and OV tune:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...=610631&page=7

OV tuning is currently developing a new header for the Mazda 3 3rd gen models (2014+). With the header, Miata cam, cat-back, and 91+ octane tune they are expecting to get the type of gains we've seen on the Miata. So the 155 hp 2.0 will be able to achieve over 200 hp at the crank... The prototype will soon be tested:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2...-3-2-0l-3.html

Join the Mazda 3 Tuning group on Facebook to keep up with all the header updates and developments for future upgrades, including the 2.5L skyactiv...