Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda recalling 2.2M vehicles due to trunk damper corrosion issue

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda recalling 2.2M vehicles due to trunk damper corrosion issue

Quote Originally Posted by bpsmicro View Post
    My wife was at our local dealership the other day with our 3, and asked (again) about making an appointment for her Mom's CX-5 for the recall (she's 86, so we do all car-related stuff).
    So the deal was, they had some in stock, but were booking appointments to get it done two weeks from now. By which time they expected to have run out again. And they had no idea if/when they'd get more.
    After some grumbling, the dealer finally agreed to book the appointment in 2 weeks, but hold one of the kits. We'll see if that plays out.

If it'd been me, I'd have just told them to give me a kit now, and I'll carry it in the back seat until the appointment.
    Wow, that's some poor inventory management. The solution is pretty simple: don't book more appointments than the stock you have...

Ride
    2021 CX-30 GT Turbo
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a letter in December, but still haven't been notified that the parts are in. At this point I've decided I don't really care to call and yell at my dealer because I'm planning on selling the car in less than a month.
    Last edited by Flunk; 03-10-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my car in for a seat warranty job at forbes mazda roughly 3 weeks ago...

(I have the rocky seat issue) anyways.. they also performed this recall as well when they replaced my seat rail.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trance|ghost View Post
    I had my car in for a seat warranty job at forbes mazda roughly 3 weeks ago...

(I have the rocky seat issue) anyways.. they also performed this recall as well when they replaced my seat rail.
    How was it under warranty, do you still drive your 2012 Speed3?
    Last edited by WHO; 03-17-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO View Post
    How was it under warranty, do you still drive your 2012 Speed3?
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...S3-and-Mazda-2

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johns 08 3 GT View Post
    Ah ok ok, thanks. trance|ghost used the term "warranty" and that's what threw me off. Mazda isn't necessarily reknown for fixing stuff out of warranty, even if it's obviously a design flaw and the internet is plagued with many owners having the same issues. Or, most car manufacturers for that matter...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called scarboro mazda about this once i did get the recall stating my car was part of the VINs affected. They stated i would need to bring in the vehicle and they would inspect to see if needed replacing....anyone else have this issue/response?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6mtsedan View Post
    I called scarboro mazda about this once i did get the recall stating my car was part of the VINs affected. They stated i would need to bring in the vehicle and they would inspect to see if needed replacing....anyone else have this issue/response?
    Perhaps because it's limited stock, they're priorizing those who already have signs of rusting/failure but, no, in the end it's a recall and needs to be replaced regardless that it shows visual signs or deterioration or not.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WHO For This Useful Post:

6mtsedan (06-15-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO View Post
    Perhaps because it's limited stock, they're priorizing those who already have signs of rusting/failure but, no, in the end it's a recall and needs to be replaced regardless that it shows visual signs or deterioration or not.
    Thats what i was thinking. Maybe the SA was just a D I C K?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went into achillies Mazda for a regular oil change and they told me I had this damper recall on my vehicle! They had one left in stock and replaced it for me on the spot! Very happy with their service

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2012mazda3hatch View Post
    I went into achillies Mazda for a regular oil change and they told me I had this damper recall on my vehicle! They had one left in stock and replaced it for me on the spot! Very happy with their service
    Does the recall involve replacing the entire hatch shock/damper or just a part of it?

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarujo View Post
    Does the recall involve replacing the entire hatch shock/damper or just a part of it?
    You get two brand new dampers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You get two brand new dampers.
    I didn't. Went to Erin mills Mazda, they just lubricated the areas where the dampers connect to the car.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milan96 View Post
    I didn't. Went to Erin mills Mazda, they just lubricated the areas where the dampers connect to the car.
    That sound bollocks to me!

The first letter (still waiting on the 2nd) I received from Mazda explicitly states that "Mazda will send you a second notification asking you to make an appointment with any authorized Mazda deal to have the lift gate stay dampers replaced".

Simply lubricating the ends is not a replacement. Sounds like you should contact Mazda Canada and complain. 1-800-263-4680

Note: I have still not received my second letter from Mazda Canada.
    Last edited by sarujo; 05-07-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Jr Member
    Ride
    2010 M3 GX Sport
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarujo View Post
    That sound bollocks to me!

The first letter (still waiting on the 2nd) I received from Mazda explicitly states that "Mazda will send you a second notification asking you to make an appointment with any authorized Mazda deal to have the lift gate stay dampers replaced".

Simply lubricating the ends is not a replacement. Sounds like you should contact Mazda Canada and complain. 1-800-263-4680

Note: I have still not received my second letter from Mazda Canada.
    I didn't receive a 2nd letter yet either but phoned Ajax Mazda and they tell me that they have the parts in. I booked an appointment to get mine replaced on Saturday

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to 401 Dixie in Mississauga earlier this week and mine were REPLACED. Hope you get your recall done properly elsewhere.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the work order does it say dampers replaced? If it does then go back and talk to the service manager. A safety recall not being completed and saying it was can get a dealer shut down.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the work order does it say dampers replaced? If it does then go back and talk to the service manager. A safety recall not being completed and saying it was can get a dealer shut down.
    Just says the service was performed to "Mazda specs". You can see the base of the damper that connects to the car still has rust on it, and all they did was put what looks like Vaseline or some grease in the connection.

My assumption here is that Mazda has guidelines for the dampers, such as an inspection of their condition, and if they are okay just grease them to prevent an issue from occurring.
    Last edited by Milan96; 08-14-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just says the service was performed to "Mazda specs". You can see the base of the damper that connects to the car still has rust on it, and all they did was put what looks like Vaseline or some grease in the connection.

My assumption here is that Mazda has guidelines for the dampers, such as an inspection of their condition, and if they are okay just grease them to prevent an issue from occurring.
    The recall clearly states they are to be REPLACED. Even my 2010 hatch with pristine looking dampers were replaced. Dealer invoice shows part numbers etc as well. Call up Mazda Canada and then get it done properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12