Hey folks,

I've recently installed the Ultimate Racing axle back for my 2015 2.5L hatch (automatic) and thought I'd share my thoughts and provide a small review of it in case anyone might be interested in other exhaust options for our cars.

Ultimate Racing ships from somewhere within Scarborough so I saved a myself on shipping and duty, however price was still listed in USD on their site (final price was $610 CAD). Package was shipped within 2-3 days if I remember so that was great.

Everything was packaged nice and tight, the muffler is packed in with tons of packing peanuts and the tips and clamps comes in separate bags. On this product the tips are an attachment in which you can adjust how the tips are turned and how much it pokes out from the body. I like this customizability so that was a plus for me. Tips are 4 inch, single walled, and they fill up the cutouts nicely.

Installation was a breeze and when I first started the car up my initial impressions of the volume was that it was LOUD (deep, rumbly, burbly, and very loud, however you guys describe it). I've never owned or sat in any car that had an exhaust system before so it was really my first time hearing it in person so that could be why. I drove it around for a day but came to the conclusions that I couldn't handle how loud it was, but I think that's just me. I don't like anything too loud, but my friend seemed to be okay with it.

So to tone it down to something more tolerable (for me anyways) I went to a shop to add a magna flow resonator just after the factory resonator and at the same time had the shop chop up the stock midpipe for a larger 2.5 inch diameter pipe. So its stock up from the second cat until the factory resonator, then there's the larger mid pipe, magna flow resonator, and piping continues all the way to the flange where it meets the Ultimate Racing axle back.

The end result is is something more tolerable to my ears but still with a deep and rumbly tone (in my opinion). It sounds even better when hearing it from the outside and its compliant enough for me inside the cabin. I can definitely hear it when I have my foot on the gas. Overall I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out.

The bad: This car is still a daily driver shared with the family and the folks are finding it too "loud" for their old ears unfortunately, so I might have to consider putting it back to stock (for those that might be interested)

*still trying to figure out how to post pics on this forum (if anyone can chime in here)