Thread: 2015 Mazda 3 2.5 L auto hatchback - rattling noise from glove box

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2015 Mazda 3 2.5 L auto hatchback - rattling noise from glove box

Only recently have I started to notice this very slight but super annoying rattle that sounds like its coming from within the centre console or glove box. I emptied out everything from the glove box and with it closed while driving, it still makes this rattly noise when the car goes over any slight bumps. Decided to drive it with the glove box open and the noise was still there. Then decided to firmly hold down the opened/closed glove box and only then will the noise disappear.

Looked into this a bit more, decided to play with the glove box. I opened it up and let it fall, doing it in a way to avoid the slow dampening of the opening of the glove box. When it hits the end of the hinges I suppose and can't go any further it will have this bounce against the plastics from within and behind the glove box. It looks to me like that motion of letting the glove box drop a shake causes the noise so I'm guessing something like the hinges or whatever behind the glove box is loose a bit and will create the rattle anytime there's a bump in the road.

Anyone have similar issues? Any ways to isolate this even further and solve it? I'm still experimenting with it to see if I find the exact problem

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2015 Mazda 3 2.5 L auto hatchback - rattling noise from glove box

I have the same car and the same issue, found the reason, it is outside no need to take anything out of your glove box, the fire panel is not welded to the frame is bolted since the whole frame twists a little the file panel "cracks" against the chassis ...

Here different forum is the TSB for it, they copied BMW including issues LOL this is not a joke BMW has the same issue. The "Mazda" fix is a bit unorthodox chisel and hammer they will bent that part and I heard it does not fix the issue, what helped me is WD-40 aimed at the the right contact point.