Thread: Any risk in buying a used out of province car (Nova Scotia) from a Toronto dealer?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any risk in buying a used out of province car (Nova Scotia) from a Toronto dealer?

I was wondering why the Nova Scotia dealer didn't sell locally because he wouldn't have made much of a profit selling another dealer. The Toronto used car dealer (not Mazda) says they usually buy from others dealers. I thought dealers buy used cars from auctions rather than from other dealers. I was wondering whether there is something wrong with the car that prevented the Nova Scotia dealer selling locally.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any risk in buying a used out of province car (Nova Scotia) from a Toronto dealer?

Always wondered the same

Was told cars from QC do not have accurate vehicle reporting like we do here in ON.

Not sure if it's true or not - but I was always told not to buy cars from QC. Perhaps this particular car was originally from QC and brought to NS?
    Last edited by Default User; 10-08-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also - dealerships do sell off customer trade ins to other used car lots at a wholesale rate, if the vehicle doesn't / wasn't kept in ideal condition.

For instance - a modified vehicle. It would cost a dealership more money bringing it back to stock condition (to maintain warranty), than for what they can profit on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any risk in buying a used out of province car (Nova Scotia) from a Toronto dealer

Dealers buy from dealers all the time, especially used car dealers, nothing inherently wrong with an NS car. There may not be a demand for 3s out there or maybe it didn't meet the dealer's standards for their used car lot (maybe that dealer doesn't even do used car sales; some only do new sales) so the dealer decided to sell it wholesale to another dealer instead of putting in the inspections/reconditioning/advertising to sell it retail.

The QC accident reporting thing has come a long way, too. It's kind of old news. They're not nearly so bad any more.

A Carproof would turn up ALL past Canadian registrations.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk