Thread: Indulge in a GT?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Indulge in a GT?

I lease a 2014 Mazda 3 GS sedan. The lease expire November of next year. Yesterday, when I went for an oil change, they offered me an upgrade to 2016 mazda 3 GT for the same monthly payments, $306?

I would love deal! What y'all think?

Cheers!

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Indulge in a GT?

Quote Originally Posted by SK_Mazda View Post
    I lease a 2014 Mazda 3 GS sedan. The lease expire November of next year. Yesterday, when I went for an oil change, they offered me an upgrade to 2016 mazda 3 GT for the same monthly payments, $306?

I would love deal! What y'all think?

Cheers!
    Wow. Sounds tempting if you prefer to lease cars. This is definitely one of the benefits of leasing over buying. A new car every few years. GTs are made in Japan vs. Mexico if that matters to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same monthly payments for a new and higher trim car? YES! if you enjoy leasing and want to again.

Sent from my S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    2010 GT MZ3 2.5 MSDS Headers, Custom Tune, CS SRI,CS Full CBE,CS LED conversion, 3K HID fogs, 15%Tints,Koni Str.T H&R Sport Lowering Springs, Speed3 Rims, duel 12''MTX subs, Vinyl Wrap Roof,Mirrors,Spoiler

Ride
    Peugeot SS
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, why not? Sounds like a no-brainer as long as the lease is the same and you aren't sick of the car.
    NO CREW

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a bit of an anti-climax: the dealer called me and said let's sign the deal. When I went, his "new" offer wouldn't go below $403 per month. He knew he offered me $306, in fact showed me the paper, but had clearly changed his mind.
    What a waste of a day! Are there any gentlemen left who hold their word or am I asking for a unicorn?

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What dealer was this?

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any gentlemen left who hold their word or am I asking for a unicorn?
    You are asking for a unicorn lol

Truth be told, I feel the GT's are worth the money but I would have been skeptical from the get go just because the GT is already stickered over $5,000 more than the GS models and that is not even taking into consideration 2014 vs 2016. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

If you can afford $403 a month for a leased GT go for it...its still much cheaper than financing it.
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't be right. $403 almost the same on build and price section of mazda's website - about 5 bucks less. If you go to Unhaggle, the payment of the 2016 sedan GT lease is averaging around $379 for an automatic - 2016. On top of that, i'm eligible for a loyalty discount.

http://allstate.unhaggle.com/allstat...a&model=Mazda3

All in all, 2016 can't be more than $360 for a lease now that 2017 models are arriving...

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natspriceless View Post
    You are asking for a unicorn lol

Truth be told, I feel the GT's are worth the money but I would have been skeptical from the get go just because the GT is already stickered over $5,000 more than the GS models and that is not even taking into consideration 2014 vs 2016. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

If you can afford $403 a month for a leased GT go for it...its still much cheaper than financing it.
    Well, Mazda's own build and price comes to $407 bucks a month, surely a dealer can do better than $5 bucks discount, plus i'm eligible for a loyalty discount.

Unhaggle shows the average lease for a 2016 GT automatic sedan to be going at $379/month.

Since 2017s arrive later this month, I don't think a lease is worth around 400 bucks a month at this point.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Mazda's own build and price comes to $407 bucks a month, surely a dealer can do better than $5 bucks discount, plus i'm eligible for a loyalty discount.

Unhaggle shows the average lease for a 2016 GT automatic sedan to be going at $379/month.

Since 2017s arrive later this month, I don't think a lease is worth around 400 bucks a month at this point.
    I always frown a little when people start playing "lets make a deal" because we are talking about a car that if you don't want the dealership will have no problem selling/leasing to the next person. Average price is exactly that, an average...some will be higher, some will be lower. When you add things like the luxury package, extra warranty coverage, maybe a high KM lease option or depending the colour you choose the price is bound to change. Maybe these are things that were factored in by the salesperson that you may not have been told about. Maybe the salesperson was able to offer the deal on a specific VIN and that one was sold/leased by someone else. This is a first come first serve industry...money talks; un-decisive people walk.

I can appreciate that you don't think 2016 is worth $400 a month but here's some food for thought, that is pretty much what it cost way back in the day to lease a first gen GT so really that is no markup in a decade considering how much the vehicle has been upgraded.

Best of luck in whatever you choose.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with the average price part, but it wasn't me who brought the $306 value on the table. I wasn't even in the market of trading in my car.
    How about we frown at the dealership for wasting our time instead?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SK_Mazda For This Useful Post:

Jackal (10-12-2016),Kiewan (10-12-2016),The Wolf (10-16-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with the average price part, but it wasn't me who brought the $306 value on the table. I wasn't even in the market of trading in my car.
    Why not share which dealership did the bait/switch on you so the rest of us can be informed?
    Check Out My Workout Supplement Blog!
    Engine: JBR 88 Duro RMM . Suspension: Bilstein B8, Cobb Springs

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Useful Post:

Kiewan (10-12-2016),natspriceless (10-14-2016)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Why not share which dealership did the bait/switch on you so the rest of us can be informed?
    PM'ed you...
    I'm not comfortable with publicly calling names. If anyone is interested, PM me and i'll let you know the dealership's name...

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, nope sorry no can do...I know salespeople and I respect that they have families to feed and when you wheel and deal all you are doing is taking up more of their time to just for them to get less of a commission. It's not the dealership that get impacted; it's hard working salespeople.

2 things I believe that everyone should do in their lifetime are 1) work in customer service for a leading international retail company & 2) work a commissioned sales job. It will change your perspective and replace entitlement with respect.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to natspriceless For This Useful Post:

Jeff-TheBiz (10-20-2016)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, nope sorry no can do...I know salespeople and I respect that they have families to feed and when you wheel and deal all you are doing is taking up more of their time to just for them to get less of a commission. It's not the dealership that get impacted; it's hard working salespeople.

2 things I believe that everyone should do in their lifetime are 1) work in customer service for a leading international retail company & 2) work a commissioned sales job. It will change your perspective and replace entitlement with respect.
    Perhaps, there's some confusion with the points I have been making. When you say "you wheel and deal", it's not me who approached them. They did, while i was having my coffee during a regular maintenance. They offered the deal; they called me back the following day. ALL humans are nice and try to feed their families, which i appreciate, but us customers also have some respect as well... Also, I didn't single out a salesperson, I said dealership... and also didn't mention any names publicly...

And yes, I've worked at future shop and Aero furniture shop as a sales rep and now in gov't policy. All people are nice and should be respected... institutions and organizations... that we a right to criticize...

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps, there's some confusion with the points I have been making. When you say "you wheel and deal", it's not me who approached them. They did, while i was having my coffee during a regular maintenance. They offered the deal; they called me back the following day. ALL humans are nice and try to feed their families, which i appreciate, but us customers also have some respect as well... Also, I didn't single out a salesperson, I said dealership... and also didn't mention any names publicly...

And yes, I've worked at future shop and Aero furniture shop as a sales rep and now in gov't policy. All people are nice and should be respected... institutions and organizations... that we a right to criticize...
    It was a general "you" so don't read too much into it and honestly we have a whole section on this forum where we openly identify Dealerships and review them so actually it would be helpful if you did provide those details. 😉
    Last edited by natspriceless; 10-14-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a general "you" so don't read too much into it. 😉

Sent from my SM-T357W using Tapatalk
    LOL. My bad... you're cool!

Ride
    Peugeot SS
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a bait-and-switch at worst and a scummy move at best. Without a very good explanation (misspoke, bad math etc), it would really turn me off any dealership.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was at Erin Mills Mazda for you all to know.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contractually, a dealer offering you a certain car over the phone for X price, and you driving over there to "sign the deal" could be considered consideration for the contract to be valid.

"For an offer to be capable of becoming binding on acceptance, the offer must be definite, clear, and objectively intended to be capable of acceptance."

Sounds like it meets all of these points.

If the details are as true as you're claiming for them to be, you should be speaking to their sales manager and bring up this issue. At the very least, you should be compensated for your time and expenses incurred (gas, etc) for you going over there to accept the offer.
    2014 Mazda3 GS, 2.0L auto
    2010 Mazda3 GT, 2.5L auto