Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default 2017 CX-5

The 2017 CX-5 is being released later today at the LA Autoshow. I caught the live unveiling on Facebook last night. It looks pretty sweet.

Here's a good thread that has some interior photos.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/15/2...#slide-4273704

Somehow they have re-imagined the Soul Red paint. I'm not sure how they can make it better, but I thought the same about the 2016 Mazda3. I doubt they will bring a different power train as the purpose of this SUV is to unite efficiency with everyday performance.

They say it has a slightly lower roofline but the overall size is the same with more cargo capacity. They've used more high-tensile steel in the frame meaning it will likely weigh less and witch G-Vectoring control, perform just a little bit better than the current generation. Also offers a 10% reduction in highway road noise and reclining rear seats.

To me, the interior looks a little more cozy.

I am excited to see these in the spring and do some awesome videos. There are no specs available yet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CarLadyLisa For This Useful Post:

marchz24 (11-16-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2017 CX-5

If it's the same crappy engines, I still won't buy one. I'm in the market, it's really time to replace my speed 3 and I don't want a lethargic SUV.

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    If it's the same crappy engines, I still won't buy one. I'm in the market, it's really time to replace my speed 3 and I don't want a lethargic SUV.
    Mazda said they have a diesel option coming. But I'll believe it when I'm driving it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the Diesel is coming to Canada.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mazda...t-look-review/

"Mazda also lists the 2.2-liter Skyactiv-D diesel engine for North America, though it will likely only be offered in Canada for now."

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarLadyLisa View Post
    Mazda said they have a diesel option coming. But I'll believe it when I'm driving it.
    The diesel is slower to 60 than the 2.5l from what I can see. Yes it'll have a nice big fat glob of torque but it's still not really any quicker. This vehicle NEEDS the 2.5l turbo.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go for the cx9! if you want to stay mazda. or find an suv with a v6. personally i didnt want a 4cyl turbo in our suv and i am very very pleased with the 3.6L grand cherokee. it was a toss up between that the ford edge and the santa fe XL

but this is a very nice looking car. i dont think i personally would mind the 2.5L i dont need it to be "fast" for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarLadyLisa View Post
    lol they were saying that 3 years ago when i worked for mazda.. but so is the next rx7 or rx9 or speed 3.. sadly they are missing on bringing cars to market that people want. bring the speed 3, 6 and miatas back. a speed version would be cool in the suvs. like how ford as the sports like there performance suv version or jeep with the srt. something cool. bring a diesel and an electric out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    go for the cx9! if you want to stay mazda. or find an suv with a v6. personally i didnt want a 4cyl turbo in our suv and i am very very pleased with the 3.6L grand cherokee. it was a toss up between that the ford edge and the santa fe XL

but this is a very nice looking car. i dont think i personally would mind the 2.5L i dont need it to be "fast" for me.
    CX-9 is just far too big for my needs, I love everything about the CX-5 except that it's effing slow, you only get it's smidge of power if you wind it out to redline. I also own a 3.5l v6 Rav4 with 269hp, it's quick enough (0-60 in about 6.2-6.3 according to zero to sixty times) and has some grunt in the 2-4k rpm range but my fiance is driving it now and they don't make new Rav4's with a v6 either. I'll end up buying a luxury compact SUV so I can get an engine I want, won't be domestic (build quality is still IMO crap). The speed 3 has grown tiresome in traffic with a heavy clutch, noisy, cramped, and not nearly as nice/easy to drive in the winter as the Rav4, and it's 6 years old so reliability/maintenance is going to start being a bigger pain...it's time for a change.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mazda just officially announce the diesel option for 2017.

It is official now.

http://en.media.mazda.ca/2016-11-16-...d-Half-of-2017

HIROSHIMA, Japan, Nov. 16, 2016 /CNW/ - Mazda Motor Corporation announced at the Los Angeles Auto Show* today it will offer the SKYACTIV-D 2.2 clean diesel engine in the all-new Mazda CX-5 for North America from the second half of 2017. It will be Mazda's first diesel engine model in the North American market.

The SKYACTIV-D 2.2 to be fitted in the all-new CX-5 for North America provides a torque-rich driving experience and revs freely to high RPMs. It will meet the region's strict emission standards and make the all-new CX-5 one of the most fuel-efficient vehicles in its class. The engine also adopts Natural Sound Smoother and Natural Sound Frequency Control, proprietary technologies that reduce diesel knock sound for a quieter and more pleasing sound.

"We're confident this engine offers a smart new option for North American drivers who want both performance and fuel economy," said Akira Marumoto, Mazda's Executive Vice President and Representative Director.

By providing driving pleasure and outstanding environmental performance to all customers, Mazda aims to enrich people's lives and become a brand with which customers feel an emotional connection.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could trade my 2.53gt for a cx-5 with diesel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to see what the pricing on this is.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interview with Mazda engineer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkn1wLli_Kg

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Mazda CX-5 Test Drive Update 12/08/2016:

Finally, test drive reports about 2017 Mazda CX-5 are pouring in, and we are glad to say that most comments are very positive for this five-passenger compact SUV. The vehicle in question was equipped with the most powerful option in the lineup, the 2.5-liter I4 engine that produces respective 184 hp.

Source: https://carsoid.com/2017-mazda-cx-5/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a nice looking car, looks better than the current CX5 IMO, but I'm still on the edge. I drove the 2016 or 2015 CX5 and with 4 adults in the car, it was slow and weak. Mine was a GS model, but I still believe it still had the same engine as the GTs. I dont think that this new one will be much different in terms of power. Also drove the Santa Fe Sport AWD and Santa Fe XL AWD, those were much better in power, but interior wise, the cx5 would beat it.

If I wanted to stick with mazda and needed an SUV, I would just choose the CX9, and forget about the CX5.

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK Guys & Gals!

I am so excited for the 2017 CX-5. We just got a glimpse and WOW!

As a fan of a manual I think I may lease myself a base model. It will have the same things the convenience package used to (alloys, tint, bluetooth...etc) along with GVC, Rearview camera, LED headlights, 40/20/40 seating and reclining rear seats.

The GS model offers the power tailgate, heated steering wheel, leather wrapped, leatherette/suede combo seats and a rear center armrest with a usb port (a small detail but such a smart idea)
    The sunroof will be an option with auto climate, rear vents and advanced key. There is an available tech package that offers similar tech to the current top trim CX-5.

GT gets real leather as usual, some other goodies like it currently has plus heated rear seats.
    Tech package on this unit has the same as GS tech but adds TSR, ADD and Sirius.

Production is in January. I am looking forward to seeing them in person in March/April.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the specs and prices are posted on mazdas247

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/atta...8&d=1489497466
    Pearl White 2007 Mazda Axela GT with 6000k Prolumen HIDs, 35/28 Tints, Axela Badge