Thread: Darn it, suspension issue already with my new '16 ?!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Darn it, suspension issue already with my new '16 ?!

Hello all,

Darn it, Look like I have a problem with my new '16 Mazda 3?

I have only recently driven over 10,000Km and I have been fairly easy on the car when driving in/out of drive ways and speed bumps.

At my work parking lot, we have 3 speed bumps (it's one of those larger sized speed bumps like you see in local side streets but smooth and easy bump. More like a hump? like a blister on your skin, anyways).

Just recently I noised a hard bump/bang like noise from front passenger size shock?suspension? It would make the sound once wheel has gone over and down the speed bump.
    It sounds like shock/suspension have bottomed out or as if I hit a expected pothole little too hard? That type of sound, I guess.
    I can always reproduce that sound with that specific speed bump but only front pax side makes that sound.

Speed bump isn't a full length so I tried going over little faster than usual with just the driver size and it does not make that same sound... just sounds like hard tire sound.

What do you think the issues is??

Gonna stop by my dealer MazdaofToronto but before I am going to take a drive to Center Point mall marking lot as I know there is some small but ugly speed bumps in that parking lot. Just to be able to re-produce or test out from somewhere close to my dealer.

Darn it, this doesn't feel to experience this kinds of thing with a new car.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Darn it, suspension issue already with my new '16 ?!

By the way,,, it only makes that sound when I am not going over speed bumps nice and slow... but still resonably slow speed produces sound. Also, i can not re-produce sound on all/any speed bumps.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this problem with the Mitsubishi Cancer. With me, it was defective shocks on all four corners-1 year old car with 10k on the clock-They would get stuck when they compressed, and would "pop" when the car hit a bump. I could not replicate the sound when I had mechanics in the car, but when I was alone or had one person with me I would hear it occasionally. Hopefully if you have to go to the dealership, Mazda will be better at dealing with this than Mitsubishi. Mitsu Canada refused to fix anything in regards to the suspension, even when proof was found of defects by the dealership.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**didn't realized I posted on wrong section, could MOD please move this to 'problems' section, thank you**

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I have the same problem. '14 Mazda3 GS manual, with 41,000 kms. In the last few months started noticing harsh suspension. Took it to the dealer to fix creak when going up a driveway, they replaced driver's side front shock mount. The creak stopped, but since then, I especially started noticing that the suspension feels hard. It travels smoothly at first, but then makes a rapid stop. it's not a bang, but is an uncomfortable bounce.

Also heard a little rattle when driving over rough road at medium speed.

Took it back to the dealer, they claim to have replaced the shocks. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure where the problem is - maybe my tires are hard (5 mm remaining on stock ecopias).

But I drove a new Golf for comparison - that small car drives like a limousine by comparison.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some updates.

From booking a appointment twice and waiting for part(s) to be ordered took nearly two weeks.

So last monday took the vehicle in to Mazda of Toronto to let dealer have a look at what I have considered a issue as I have explained earlier.

I explained exactly how I have explained here and luckily?? at the Centre Point mall across the dealer had one speed bump which I was able to reproduce noise. Mechanic drove and we went for a quick test ride and mechanic asked if that was the noise? and I said yeah, but it was little lesser 'bang' than before.

Got back to the dealer, I waited for a bit and mechanic & service advisor Vic told me they would apply the "Mazda 3 TSB 02-001/15"

I was told it would take about 3 hours or but once I came back, service advisor me they would need to order "bump stoppers" which would take two days. So I had to make a another appointment later date for that as well.

Now, today I went into finish off the work they started hoping I would notice a difference. I picked up the car, drove to the speed bump at the mall and sure enough,,, I hear exactly the same noise I had explained to them at the first visit.
    Service advisor called up the mechanic and we went for quick test drive. This time mechanic asked me to drive it.

I drove over the speed bump, reproduced the same noise. Mechanic said, to him it sounded like noise came from both front and that it is same type of noise when vehicle hits a pot hole. (I am sure most of you can now imagine what type of noise I have been trying to explain). Mechanic explained that since noise isn't being reproduced on other speed bump but only with that specific bump, he goes on to say that... he thinks that specific bump is little taller or more harsh compare to other speed bumps from same area. Than told me this is completely normal and I shouldn't worry about it.

Ok, noise we heard initially when he drove the car a week ago was same noise but not as loud as we heard when I drove with him today. Than again driver holding the steering wheel would likely feel more vibration, I guess.
    So... if this is normal, why did the dealer? mechanic? decided to apply the TSB #02-001/15 in the first place? Because I absolutely do not notice anything different.

What do you people think?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any case, I am rather disappointed in the quality of the car. There are things that are wrong with the car, and then there are overall cheap materials. Here's my beef with the car:

- heated seat that works when the dealer tests it and fails after you have it on for a longer drive
    - battery issues
    - terrible bluetooth pairing/freezing infotainment
    - cheap and thin metal that collects every ding possible
    - thin paint that scratches/chips easily
    - interior scratches easily (door cards)
    - rear bench seat is so flimsily attached you can lift the edge and it won't go back down to the same position (tried vacumming the area)
    - something has gone wrong with the car's damping, maybe shocks, maybe bushings, no knowing <-- this is the biggest beef, as the car doesn't even feel like a new car anymore

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gta_driver View Post
    In any case, I am rather disappointed in the quality of the car. There are things that are wrong with the car, and then there are overall cheap materials. Here's my beef with the car:

- heated seat that works when the dealer tests it and fails after you have it on for a longer drive
    - battery issues
    - terrible bluetooth pairing/freezing infotainment
    - cheap and thin metal that collects every ding possible
    - thin paint that scratches/chips easily
    - interior scratches easily (door cards)
    - rear bench seat is so flimsily attached you can lift the edge and it won't go back down to the same position (tried vacumming the area)
    - something has gone wrong with the car's damping, maybe shocks, maybe bushings, no knowing <-- this is the biggest beef, as the car doesn't even feel like a new car anymore
    Is yours made in Mexico or Japan? Wondering if you got some of the early "teething" pains of the first gen 3's... Your mileage seems quite low for suspension noise etc...

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarujo View Post
    Is yours made in Mexico or Japan? Wondering if you got some of the early "teething" pains of the first gen 3's... Your mileage seems quite low for suspension noise etc...
    Whether it's manufactured in Mexico or Japan hardly matters, unless plants used parts sourced from different companies. And for the record, it is a Japanese model, the VIN starts with a J.