Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ontario Buyer Looking at M3 at QC Mazda Dealer

Hi everyone,

Looking at a 2013 M3 with low kms (just over 20K kms) from a Mazda dealer in Quebec. The dealer seems to have good reviews...nothing negative. Car is in pristine condition, one owner, non smoker. Carproof is clear. I am waiting for confirmation if the car was purchased at and maintained at this dealer...that would be a bonus since they would have the history.

It is a 3.5 hour drive away, so convenience is not there. What are folks' thoughts on the need to have the vehicle inspected by independent mechanic before committing?

The issue is that I don't know any mechanics in that area. Also, having this all done in one day may be difficult...i would prefer to avoid going back and forth twice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ontario Buyer Looking at M3 at QC Mazda Dealer

I honestly believe, if they don't allow you to have it inspected, by a mechanic of your choosing. Right away there is something fishy. So if the car is legit then I don't see them having a problem.

Just be aware that Quebec doesn't seem to have the same requirements when it comes to reporting accidents. Only things that have been reported will show up on a Carproof.

Check the car over then check it again. Take your time..if something feels or looks off it probably is.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the dealer has no problem with it, and in fact, is willing to have one of their employees drive and drop off the car at a mechanic nearby of my choice. of course, the inspection would be at my cost ($80). I found out today that the car was bought new at the same dealer, and while the first oil change was done there, the others were done elsewhere. He offered to put me in contact with the original owner, although, how would I know to whom I am speaking.

Anyway, it may be a moot point because we are not seeing eye to eye on price.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luck11 For This Useful Post:

MickiWasHere (11-30-2016)

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH 20k even if it was a rental it cannot have been hurt to much. If the dealer is being good to you and the car seems like it is brand new go for it. Driving 3.5 hours once to buy a car you will spend thousands of hours in is worth it.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, decided to go for it and went for the certified for an extra 1000. Got me 1.9% over 36 months, so now can take the cash, invest and easily bring in 3 - 5% in a safe investment and cover the cost of the certified warranty as well as interest costs over the 3 years. Decided not to get the independent check given the certified preowned 160 or so items are pretty extensive. Will be picking it up on Monday. Thanks for input.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luck11 View Post
    Well, decided to go for it and went for the certified for an extra 1000. Got me 1.9% over 36 months, so now can take the cash, invest and easily bring in 3 - 5% in a safe investment and cover the cost of the certified warranty as well as interest costs over the 3 years. Decided not to get the independent check given the certified preowned 160 or so items are pretty extensive. Will be picking it up on Monday. Thanks for input.
    Sounds like you have done a lot of good thinking, evaluated your options and come to a well-reasoned conclusion. Hope your car turns out terrific for you in both the short and long run.