Thread: Go Leafs Go?????

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Go Leafs Go?????

Ok is anybody else here just as fed up with this NHL lock out? PLEASE! PLEASE! Bring back the Leafs. I was just at the ACC for The Tragically Hip concert (AWESOME by the way) and I kept thinking the Leafs should be playing on that ice tomorrow night! Good old hockey night in Canada, GONE!!!! What is worng with this world!

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Go Leafs Go?????\'

Money is the evil in our lives... dirty dirty money...

I was at the ACC Thursday night for the free ice skating... not bad, although the ice coulda been better.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool! I haven\'t been ice skating since I was 15! My friends and I are dying to go for fun. I should check out the free skating at the ACC. Hey are you like the only one who replies to these post???? Where is everybody else. I see you everywhere!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the beginning of October I was pretty broken up about the whole labour dispute. Now I\'ve pretty much adjusted to it not being around.

The 2 sides aren\'t even talking. The owners and players aren\'t making money and don\'t need to because they\'ve all got monetary reserves and don\'t care. The sad part is that if the owners and players don\'t really need the money, the fans have been paying waaaay too much over the past few years....

When the worst seats at the ACC go for over $70 something\'s wrong. I remember going to games at the Gardens as a teenager and paying less than $20 for a grey, concessions were reasonable and you could have a great night out with a buddy for less than $30.

Hell, a few years ago you could go to a game for $50-$60 including beer... Now a beer is like $11.

/me kicks the ACC in the nuts!

*end rant*

Chris- Scarborough/Pickering border

Titanium GS sedan, Auto, Air, Power Package. Now driven by by my aunt, still going strong after 9 1/2 years.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is when you either

1) bust out PC/console NHL2XXX or ESPN Hockey or whatever
    2) watch minors
    3) watch even smaller minors (houseleagues)
    4) get up and join a league/pick up shinny

it sux.. what can you do.. it\'s over this year.. meh..

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mickey28

Cool! I haven\'t been ice skating since I was 15! My friends and I are dying to go for fun. I should check out the free skating at the ACC. Hey are you like the only one who replies to these post???? Where is everybody else. I see you everywhere!
    LOL not much hockey fans on this board maybe? That or no one likes Mickey Mouse Mazda3? :p j/k

I enjoy hockey. I play ice hockey, for fun (not league), every Saturday night, goalie (you may have guessed that from my avatar?).

As for ice skating, you can do that at almost any local arena! If not, head down to Nathan Philips Square for free ice skating (if you have your own skates). My gf bought a pair of slightly used (I swear they were brand new if not slightly used) womens\' skates for like $30 from a Play It Again Sports store last year. Just gotta check it often to see when the good stuff is there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* i miss the leafs...saturday nights....and tuesday nights aren\'t the same no more...
    Adam - Kitchener, Ontario.
    Far Far West O'l G! Proud Owner of the Whop-Toboggan Rice Bomb!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice crack at mickey there wtom! I seem to be the only girl who ever responds to these posts and I\'m getting dissed! I should be worshiped! HAHAHA! J/K! :p

Not to mention \"I\" a \"GIRL\" was the one to start this hockey post:p

Regardless, it is a shame that all it has come down to is money. Where is the pride in the game??? The true spirit of hockey??? It\'s all been tainted by $$$$. Maybe that\'s why they haven\'t won a cup since 1967. The more money they get the less they care.

But as a hockey fan and as a leaf fan I still have faith that some day while I\'m still living the Toronto Maple Leafs will bring stanley back home. For now it\'s \"maybe next year\".

What about Don Cherry?? Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole no nhl hockey thing, really really sucks. instead of go leafs go, its no leafs no, no where in sight. i have no reason to wear my third option or mogilny jerseys. then again, i have never been to a real leaf game, i;ve to a baby leaf game (like 6 or 7 years ago).

Still the only good thing that has come out of the lockout is that we can see other sports, like; CFL, NFL, AHL, NBA, and Soccer. So now its all Oakland Raiders (who are not that good this season), and AC Milan (the best team ever). But I want to se the LEAFS.

Don Cherry was on the top ten Canadians. Who voted for him??
    2011 Mazda 3 GS Hatch Black (My 2nd Mazda 3) / Garage Vary Valiant Grill / 6000k HID Low Beams / LED Projector Fogs / LED Reverse Lights / LED Interior Lights Package / LED Projector Rear Brake Lights /LED Licence Plate / HVAC Dial Mod / Blue LED Footwell & Cupholders / 35% Front & 20% Rear Tint / Plasti Dip Badges /Glossy Black 18" RX8 rims with Nankang NS II tires / Blue Brake calipers

Pioneer Audio Upgrade / AVH-P4400BH 7" Touch Screen Double Din / TS-A1604C Front Comps / TS-6874R Rear / TS-SWX251 10" Preloaded Shallow Mount Sub / GM-D7500M Mono Amp

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mickey28

Nice crack at mickey there wtom! I seem to be the only girl who ever responds to these posts and I\'m getting dissed! I should be worshiped! HAHAHA! J/K! :p
    You didn\'t show up at the last meet, I was kissing the female members\' butts! :p j/k

Not to mention \"I\" a \"GIRL\" was the one to start this hockey post:p
    Wasn\'t there a hockey post earlier somewhere here? Ah well, just some of us prefer not to talk about it or else we\'d shed a tear or two.

Regardless, it is a shame that all it has come down to is money. Where is the pride in the game??? The true spirit of hockey??? It\'s all been tainted by $$$$. Maybe that\'s why they haven\'t won a cup since 1967. The more money they get the less they care.
    Maybe, but Pat Quinn is (or was) the highest paid coach in the NHL at 2 mill. Hitchcock was the next highest at 1.5 mill. Not sure what Quinn\'s new salary is but the Leafs are lowering it from 2 mill, closer to 1.5 mill ... if Quinn wants to stay. It\'s always about money.

But as a hockey fan and as a leaf fan I still have faith that some day while I\'m still living the Toronto Maple Leafs will bring stanley back home. For now it\'s \"maybe next year\".
    Honestly to be living in any city, sometimes the dream is even worse every single year... their dream is \"maybe next year we\'ll make it into the playoffs.\" But of course, aim high to make it to the top... we try, just that every time, there are teams with players who try even harder than we do.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when Major League Baseball had a labour dispute (if you can call it that?) in \'94. That turned me off baseball for good. And I used to watch and play baseball like a religion! Those were the days, when every Jays game was televised practically everyday.

I couldn\'t agree more Dr. Butcher. Hockey is great and will continue to be great but its times like these that show that the NHL is not a game but a business. I would have to say that Minor hockey and little league hockey is going that way as well.
    LOC: Finch/Morningside
    CAR: \\\'05 Mazda 3 GS w/PP, Air, 5MT in Titanium Gray Metallic