Thread: Im at 109km do i need to service fuel injector and throttlebody?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Im at 109km do i need to service fuel injector and throttlebody?

Im at 109km and ive replaced battery and sparkplugs at 107km and drivebelts , so those are the major tuneups ive done for the vehicle so lately ive been having.issues with the cars responsiveness when accelerating . Does it have anything to do with cleaning the fuel injector and throttlebody? I cant find it in the manual. Please let me know. Thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Im at 109km do i need to service fuel injector and throttlebody?

By the way im driving a 11 mazda 3 2.0

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clean throttle body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also note that cleaning the throttle body normally involves resetting the ECU to compensate for the different reading at the TB and or MAF sensor.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So all i need is cleaning tb right? How about fuel injector? if i let dealer do it. How much would they charge?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mz3Danish View Post
    So all i need is cleaning tb right? How about fuel injector? if i let dealer do it. How much would they charge?
    Before going through the trouble and/or cost of a throttle body cleaning, I would suggest just purchasing a good Fuel system cleaner. Put it in your tank and run through the full tank before refueling, atleast too reason. Run it on the highway with a few redline runs cleaning out the carbon. Make sure the engine is at operating temp before doing redline runs.

Also how is the condition of your air intake filter?

If this doesn't solve the issue, then go ahead with the throttle body and reset procedure.

I'm at 300k kms and have never touched my TB. I use Redline Fuel System Cleaner one full tank before every oil change, and have had no issues whatsoever. Response is great for what it is, and idle is smooth as silk.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so red line is the name for the fuel injector cleaner? Ive never had used this stuff before. Do i use when my tank is almost empty?like 1 bar? And i apply this when im almost due for my oil change?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My air intake is brand new k and sri got it on 2months ago.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so red line is the name for the fuel injector cleaner? Ive never had used this stuff before. Do i use when my tank is almost empty?like 1 bar? And i apply this when im almost due for my oil change?
    Redline is the brand name, its all I use. Its getting hard to find now though. I like to do it when I'm getting close to an oil change interval or 4 to 500 km before. I just put the full bottle in and then fill the tank, it'll mix. I run that tank almost to empty, like 2 or3 notches from E, and making sure I take it on the highway with some decent redline runs from the ramps to the highway. You'll be amazed the crap that blows out the exhaust and you'll smell it...Then I take it in for an oil change.

_3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

Diflexster12 (03-20-2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so red line is the name for the fuel injector cleaner? I've never had used this stuff before. Do i use when my tank is almost empty? Like 1 bar? And I apply this when I'm almost due for my oil change?
    It won't let me edit my last post, so...

I forgot to mention you need to get the Redline Fuel System Cleaner, not the fuel injector cleaner. There is a difference.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

Diflexster12 (03-20-2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it. I will try this out if it works and if it solve my problem. Also I have to use this fuel cleaner everytime im almost due for my oil change right? Thank tho man!
    IG: @justmazduh

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Flagrum_3 have you ever heard or tried the Royal Purple’s Max fuel cleaner at all ? since you mentioned redline is hard to find now?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Im at 109km do i need to service fuel injector and throttlebody?

Redline SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner. That can be found in pmall.

Also, you still need to clean your TB. It is a DIY and can be done within half an hour, so dont fork up the money for labor fees.

Also if you havent done so, clean the MAF sensor. Takes 10 mins of your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    Redline is the brand name, its all I use. Its getting hard to find now though. I like to do it when I'm getting close to an oil change interval or 4 to 500 km before. I just put the full bottle in and then fill the tank, it'll mix. I run that tank almost to empty, like 2 or3 notches from E, and making sure I take it on the highway with some decent redline runs from the ramps to the highway. You'll be amazed the crap that blows out the exhaust and you'll smell it...Then I take it in for an oil change.

_3
    do I really need to wait for every oil change interval before I apply the redline fuel system cleaner?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    do I really need to wait for every oil change interval before I apply the redline fuel system cleaner?
    No, but you don't want to do it too often either. The only reason I wait till then, is I figure excessive carbon from the cleaning process could get into the oil and therefore contaminate it and the oil filter, and I want that out asap.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but you don't want to do it too often either. The only reason I wait till then, is I figure excessive carbon from the cleaning process could get into the oil and therefore contaminate it and the oil filter, and I want that out asap.

_3
    True. btw. is redline the only cleaner i can use? how about the royal purple max cleaner which could be purchased at crappy tire for 19.99 ?also i need to pour 1 full bottle of redline 15oz to the tank right?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    True. btw. is redline the only cleaner i can use? how about the royal purple max cleaner which could be purchased at crappy tire for 19.99 ?also i need to pour 1 full bottle of redline 15oz to the tank right?
    There are many cleaners on the market. I have no info on Royal Purple, you may want to check out their website for info on their fuel cleaner. Read the instructions on the bottle for how much to use.

Here's a link to Redline Fuel System Cleaner explaining a little bit why it's superior to other brands; https://www.helpful.reviews/en/produ...cleaner-review

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many cleaners on the market. I have no info on Royal Purple, you may want to check out their website for info on their fuel cleaner. Read the instructions on the bottle for how much to use.

Here's a link to Redline Fuel System Cleaner explaining a little bit why it's superior to other brands; https://www.helpful.reviews/en/produ...cleaner-review

_3
    Doing a fuel system clean up is not a one time thing.
    I have been using the Lucas Fuel Treatment https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/l...-0380119p.html
    Its a injector cleaner, fuel stabilizer (ethanol) water remover and lubes upper cylinder ( which i presume is valve, seals , gaskets)
    You can adjust how much you add... Bottle should last over 6 fill ups.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    Doing a fuel system clean up is not a one time thing.
    I have been using the Lucas Fuel Treatment https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/l...-0380119p.html
    Its a injector cleaner, fuel stabilizer (ethanol) water remover and lubes upper cylinder ( which i presume is valve, seals , gaskets)
    You can adjust how much you add... Bottle should last over 6 fill ups.
    Who said its a "one time thing"?

Every Fuel System Cleaner has its own directions/methods and most will tell you a bottle is good for so many fill ups or litres. Meaning you can use it for several tanks if you wish or not. I just described the method I've used for many years, and also explained why I do it my way; Only once and just before an oil change.

People can do it whatever way they like, some believe nothing short of getting the dealer to do it will suffice. ...I would never say my way is best, just one method and so far 337k kms in, its seems to be working.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said its a "one time thing"?

Every Fuel System Cleaner has its own directions/methods and most will tell you a bottle is good for so many fill ups or litres. Meaning you can use it for several tanks if you wish or not. I just described the method I've used for many years, and also explained why I do it my way; Only once and just before an oil change.

People can do it whatever way they like, some believe nothing short of getting the dealer to do it will suffice. ...I would never say my way is best, just one method and so far 337k kms in, its seems to be working.

_3
    I agree with everthing you said.
    My comment was not about the interval.
    Certain product work better than others. Doing an injector/manifold flush at the dealer is the ultimate. Tech can see the results.
    I believe in a product that you can use with every tank full. I believe the cost per tank and results is better with Lucas...