Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

  1. #1
    Jr Member Arbitrageur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    I need to replace the Brake Pads + Rotors on my 2010 Mazda 3 GT, does anyone have any recommendations on where?

    Westowne Mazda is offering to do it (parts + labour) for $950 + tax.

    - MAZDA 3 | 2010 GT -

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orillia
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    If you have the ability I would do it yourself. That also gives you the chance to put on a nice set of performance pads. Lots of information out there to guide you.

  3. #3
    Sr Member Flagrum_3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,007
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 284 Times in 226 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    $1000? My God. I replaced my brakes; Rotors, pads and one caliper for less then $500 installed...

    There is several avenues you can take, one is too use one of our sponsor dealers to get your parts and give Jimmy a call for install. Two is same for parts but do it yourself, third is go to MaxBrakes for rotors, pads. If your anywhere near Scarborough I can give you the name of my mechanic, just text me. He has very reasonable labour rates.


    _3

  4. #4
    Armchair Detailer Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Posts
    8,009
    Thanks
    1,265
    Thanked 927 Times in 604 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Got my front rotors and pads done at a shop in Richmond Hill. Used AC Delco parts. May be a bit far for you. Anyway shop is called Lucky 8 Auto. Good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Moderator S.F.W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North York
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17,713
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 648 Posts
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Got my front rotors and pads done at a shop in Richmond Hill. Used AC Delco parts. May be a bit far for you. Anyway shop is called Lucky 8 Auto. Good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lucky 8. Barry ? @Jackal

    Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

  6. #6
    Armchair Detailer Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Posts
    8,009
    Thanks
    1,265
    Thanked 927 Times in 604 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    Lucky 8. Barry ? @Jackal

    Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Yes that's the shop's owner. Have you used his shop before?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Moderator S.F.W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North York
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17,713
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 648 Posts
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Yes that's the shop's owner. Have you used his shop before?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not personally, but played hockey with him for years, and sent some friends there when Jimmy wasn't an option.

  8. #8
    Newbie marchz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    If you can wait till spring I may have a set of Maxbrakes.
    I'll pm you

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    22
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrageur View Post
    I need to replace the Brake Pads + Rotors on my 2010 Mazda 3 GT, does anyone have any recommendations on where?

    Westowne Mazda is offering to do it (parts + labour) for $950 + tax.
    if you live near sauga. next mod Mississauga charges $350 for set of brake pads + rotor + $300 labour that would be $650 cash tax in. also $700 for set of stoptech slotted rotors + Hawk pads + $300 labour = $950 same price as what dealership quoted you good thing is stoptech slotted rotor and hawk pads are one of the top of the lines brake pads and rotor you can find.
    IG: @justmazduh

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to justmazduh For This Useful Post:

    Arbitrageur (01-14-2017)

  11. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    22
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    if you live near sauga. next mod Mississauga charges $350 for set of brake pads + rotor + $300 labour that would be $650 cash tax in. also $700 for set of stoptech slotted rotors + Hawk pads + $300 labour = $950 same price as what dealership quoted you good thing is stoptech slotted rotor and hawk pads are one of the top of the lines brake pads and rotor you can find.
    also I forgot to add theyre performance brake rotor and pads. so its actually pretty good they say. Personally havent tried it yet but my brake rotor and pads are gonna wear out soon and im getting those from next mod. if your not interested on the stoptech slotted rotor and hawk pads. u can always go with the stock rotor and pads nextmod sauga offers for $350 + $300 labour. could save you some bucks. .. at the end its still your decision that matters right.

  12. #11
    Jr Member Arbitrageur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

    I gave Next Mod Mississauga a call and they'll do OEM Pads / Rotors + Labour for $675 cash-in. They gave me a slight discount because I said I was coming from TM3.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arbitrageur For This Useful Post:

    Jackal (01-14-2017)

  14. #12
    Armchair Detailer Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Posts
    8,009
    Thanks
    1,265
    Thanked 927 Times in 604 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrageur View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

    I gave Next Mod Mississauga a call and they'll do OEM Pads / Rotors + Labour for $675 cash-in. They gave me a slight discount because I said I was coming from TM3.
    Let us know in a couple of weeks how they are. Great price!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    22
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrageur View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

    I gave Next Mod Mississauga a call and they'll do OEM Pads / Rotors + Labour for $675 cash-in. They gave me a slight discount because I said I was coming from TM3.
    They can do it for even much cheaper price. They offered me $630 for everything. Anyways goodluck!

  16. #14
    Jr Member Arbitrageur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    So I took my car in to get them changed. Apparently the brakes aren't coming off and they're stuck on the car, so they can't do it.

    Any ideas on how to proceed next? Should I purchase the brakes/rotors and try elsewhere? Or should I just resort to the dealer?

  17. #15
    Moderator S.F.W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North York
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17,713
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 648 Posts
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrageur View Post
    So I took my car in to get them changed. Apparently the brakes aren't coming off and they're stuck on the car, so they can't do it.

    Any ideas on how to proceed next? Should I purchase the brakes/rotors and try elsewhere? Or should I just resort to the dealer?
    Go to a different mechanic

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S.F.W. For This Useful Post:

    Jackal (01-30-2017),Stretch (07-28-2017)

  19. #16
    Sr Member zzz3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    3,376
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 106 Times in 63 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrageur View Post
    So I took my car in to get them changed. Apparently the brakes aren't coming off and they're stuck on the car, so they can't do it.

    Any ideas on how to proceed next? Should I purchase the brakes/rotors and try elsewhere? Or should I just resort to the dealer?
    They wanted $675 but can't remove seized brakes? Sounds like they wanted to have cake and eat it too without breaking a sweat. Buy your brakes (centric) from rockauto or locally (jrp in Mississauga is centrics master Canadian distributor) and go to jimmy at street performance. It'll cost less and you'll get better service.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to zzz3 For This Useful Post:

    S.F.W. (01-29-2017)

  21. #17
    Sr Member JonsMazda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,942
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Go iGarage and see Ivan. They can supply the rotors and brakes at a very good price.

  22. #18
    Noob
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    $1000? My God. I replaced my brakes; Rotors, pads and one caliper for less then $500 installed...

    There is several avenues you can take, one is too use one of our sponsor dealers to get your parts and give Jimmy a call for install. Two is same for parts but do it yourself, third is go to MaxBrakes for rotors, pads. If your anywhere near Scarborough I can give you the name of my mechanic, just text me. He has very reasonable labour rates.


    _3
    Flagrum, that sounds awesome. My car is at Jimmy's now and I need new brake pads, rotors and a caliper too

    Which store did you get your parts from?

    I tried calling MaxBrakes, but nobody's picking up or answering...

  23. #19
    Noob
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Did Lucky8 order the pads and rotors for you, or did you buy them and bring them to him?
    If the latter, where did you buy the parts from?

  24. #20
    Noob
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Got my front rotors and pads done at a shop in Richmond Hill. Used AC Delco parts. May be a bit far for you. Anyway shop is called Lucky 8 Auto. Good luck!
    Sorry, was responding to this post ^

  25. #21
    Armchair Detailer Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Posts
    8,009
    Thanks
    1,265
    Thanked 927 Times in 604 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by C4_C12 View Post
    Did Lucky8 order the pads and rotors for you, or did you buy them and bring them to him?
    If the latter, where did you buy the parts from?
    I've done both. So you can bring them your parts or they can order for you. I had them order the parts for the brakes this time. Previously, I brought them some belts and plugs and they installed them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackal For This Useful Post:

    C4_C12 (05-28-2017)

  27. #22
    Noob
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Brake Pads + Rotors - Where to Go?

    Thanks Jackal- went yesterday for a rear brake job. Pads and rotors; took a last minute appointment and had me out in 2.5 hours. Did not push for extras or anything. Seems like a great reputable shop.

Similar Threads

  1. Brake pads and rotors
    By woodyliano in forum Suspension & Brakes
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 05:56 PM
  2. Brake Pads/Rotors
    By Lars in forum Suspension & Brakes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM
  3. Brake Rotors Have Ridges...Are my brake pads digging in?
    By adubya in forum Suspension & Brakes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 09:45 AM
  4. Rotors and brake pads wtb?
    By trademark83 in forum Suspension & Brakes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 10:38 AM
  5. Brake Pads/Rotors
    By PlatMS6 in forum Suspension & Brakes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •